Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westside to Parkmore

Options
  • 21-11-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone was doing the commute from Westside area ( Shantalla or Hospital ) to Parkmore Business Park and how long it took them.

I know it probably varies but just roughly based on a school day and getting in for a 9.00am start or earlier if people are doing that.

Thanks a mill,
    C :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

About thirty minutes roughly year round. If there is a westerly wind, maybe shave a few minutes off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

snubbleste wrote: »
    About thirty minutes roughly year round. If there is a westerly wind, maybe shave a few minutes off that.

From westside it should take you about 20 mins, maybe 30 on a bad day.
    Coming from Knocknacarra I would be 25/30 with 40/45 on a bad day.
    You need to learn all the tricks to avoid queuing in traffic at any point, its all about keeping moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Takes about two minutes in the helicopter, a little longer on days when i walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

You need to learn all the tricks to avoid queuing in traffic at any point, its all about keeping moving.

Snubbleste had that one sussed a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks for the replies. That journey sounds way more doable then I had thought it would be!

Now to get me a helicopter.....
    Oh, if any one feels like sharing their route tips feel free to pm me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should be ok after the Menlo RB as morning traffic flows in the other direction.
    After a week you'll know the traffic, just make sure to leave extra early the first few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Great, thank you.

I usually look out my window at the gridlock while heading in the opposite direction! I was starting to wonder if I would be leaving at dawn to get there!...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well dawn is at 0735 these days...

Advertisement