Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unprovoked attack in UK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Gang initiation?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emsie80

seen this earlier - SHOCKING!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

emsie80 wrote: »
    seen this earlier - SHOCKING!!!!

Made me so angry seeing it.

I shouldn't click on things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

ded

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Found that very upsetting.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

What a c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

pretty brutal attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

What Gang could this possibly be for...

"We so 'ard, we punch unsuspecting women in the back of the head innit #hardmen"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Clump - the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

That's the sort of punch (and fall) that can kill.. and often does, in fact, it's probably quite easy to pull up court listings from Ireland where people are sentenced to manslaughter for single punches. Usually male to male, with alcohol taken.

Pathetic attacker. I hope he's caught and the full glare of the media focuses on the little turd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not that "happy" slapping shyte again.

Thought that had died out to a large degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

jackal wrote: »
    What Gang could this possibly be for...

"We so 'ard, we punch unsuspecting women in the back of the head innit #hardmen"

But your thinking like a decent person.
    These gangs aren't capable of that. This is exactly the sort of thing they do. My cousin from London told me about gamgs where you have to push someone, chosen by another member, of a train platform to show complete dedication.

Feckin scum, hope he's ID'd and prosecuted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

It was all unprovoked attacks round my way, in the 80s. Somethings never change, sadly. Just now it gets notoriety almost instantaneously :(

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Punch a defenseless teen aged girl for no reason when she's not expecting it. What a hard man.

Scourge scum like that should be wiped off the face of the earth.

bbam wrote: »
    But your thinking like a decent person.
    These gangs aren't capable of that. This is exactly the sort of thing they do. My cousin from London told me about gamgs where you have to push someone, chosen by another member, of a train platform to show complete dedication.

Feckin scum, hope he's ID'd and prosecuted.

There's gangs in London who pass around the girl members for sex as an initiation rite. There's stabbings all over the shop, if you believe the hype.

Fortunately, these are a small minority of brain dead idiots in a big, big city. They have a limited capacity in the grand scheme of things and usually end up in jail.

Something needs to change to break the cycle. Something with more of a legacy than prison sentences, worn like a badge of honour. :(

old hippy wrote: »
    There's gangs in London who pass around the girl members for sex as an initiation rite. There's stabbings all over the shop, if you believe the hype.

Fortunately, these are a small minority of brain dead idiots in a big, big city. They have a limited capacity in the grand scheme of things and usually end up in jail.

Something needs to change to break the cycle. Something with more of a legacy than prison sentences, worn like a badge of honour. :(

Good set of public stocks.
    Nothing they fear more than being shown up in public in front of their buddies. I'd say a week of sh1ting and pissing themselves in public would bring them down a few levels. I'd say humiliate them in public.

Nothing they fear more than being shown up in public in front of their buddies. I'd say a week of sh1ting and pissing themselves in public would bring them down a few levels. I'd say humiliate them in public.

Um, no. That would make us party to barbarism and no better than them.

The gangs need to be dismantled and young people need to be stimulated and nurtured, not left on sink estates with no amenities and a grim future.

There was a programme brought in in Easterhouse in East Glasgow, which brought about significant reduction in gang violence. It got the gangs in sit downs, had ex gang members showing them the error of their ways. Had members of victims' families speak to them and made impressions.

It got results, as opposed to the typical knee jerk reactions so beloved of the tabloidesque punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well it didn't work in the past, so why would it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

The gangs need to be dismantled and young people need to be stimulated and nurtured, not left on sink estates with no amenities and a grim future.

There was a programme brought in in Easterhouse in East Glasgow, which brought about significant reduction in gang violence. It got the gangs in sit downs, had ex gang members showing them the error of their ways. Had members of victims' families speak to them and made impressions.

It got results, as opposed to the typical knee jerk reactions so beloved of the tabloidesque punters.

Sorry but public stocks quicker and cheaper. It is all image with cnuts like these and a public whipping would be very likely to be a strong deterrent. Having no playground outside your house is no excuse for this sort of Shyte.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »

Great..
    So you think the guy in the clip needs to be "stimulated and nurtured"!

Stimulated with a cattle prod in a dark wet room every 20 minutes for about a month maybe..

Great..

Stimulated with a cattle prod in a dark wet room every 20 minutes for about a month maybe..

Torture has been tried and didn't work either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q36uaSlf0ck
    I just keep thinking of this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

what a coward

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

When he's found out castrate him.

It will take him down a few notches and will send out a message to people like him.

Also it will stop this scum from creating more scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

What an absolute scummer. That pretty shocking. It's that bad maybe it was mistaken identity or gang related or some ****. Why it would even enter someone's head to hit an innocent person like that is just beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It's not their fault,theres nothing to do for the kids,bla bla sick of hearing this.

Heard it all weeks ago when kids pelted ambulances and fire brigades in dublin.

It's up to the parents to take responsibility,if they don't then punish them,by taking their benefits and fining those heavily who are employed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Great..

When he's found out castrate him.

It will take him down a few notches and will send out a message to people like him.

Also it will stop this scum from creating more scum.

As bad as it was and all is torture/castration really a suitable punishment for punching someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fcuk me that was vicious, she could have died, she's unconscious before she hits the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

what a ****ing ****!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

From the CCTV it appears the person was a white woman whilst the assailant was a black man. Looks like a hate crime to me by a racist. Absolute scum, he shouldn't see the light of day ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

mackg wrote: »
    As bad as it was and all is torture/castration really a suitable punishment for punching someone?

A punch that could have killed her.

It would be better than sending him to jail where he will have the craic with other a-holes just like himself then be back on the streets in a few weeks to commit similar offenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Chemical castration, for such brutal unprovoked violent crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Castration is too lenient. He should be killed. You give me a gun and point him out to me, I would have no hesitation is killing him. Utter b*stard.

What's really aggravating is his ******y little run away after he hits her. I hope the Met get him and kick five colours of ****e out of him.

Stinicker wrote: »
    From the CCTV it appears the person was a white woman whilst the assailant was a black man. Looks like a hate crime to me by a racist. Absolute scum, he shouldn't see the light of day ever again.

....look at you, with your amateur shit stirring....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cos it would be all over the net and around the world in seconds and there'd be no hiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Arpa wrote: »
    Castration is too lenient. He should be killed. You give me a gun and point him out to me, I would have no hesitation is killing him. Utter b*stard.

What's really aggravating is his ******y little run away after he hits her. I hope the Met get him and kick five colours of ****e out of him.

death penalty has been proven in America to not be a deterrent for crime
    I do agree that there should be harsher/longer sentences for assults

Disgusting actions by the man
    hope the young woman recovers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

....look at you, with your amateur shit stirring....

How do you mean, I am just alluding to the fact that it may be a racist attack rather than just typical scumbaggery. Some people were alluding to gang initiation as a potential motive. I am theorizing it to be a racist attack. Hopefully the girl makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Brutal.

A bit surprised people are surprised by unprovoked attacks. I have been attacked in Dublin at least 6 times. It was when I was a teenager and very common.
    Scumbags would often attack if they out numbered you. Theft was never part of it just out and out thuggery
    . I was attacked once by a guy in my class who didn't recognise me when him and is mates jumped me. He certainly regretted it. His excuse was they were just having a laugh!!
    That is not even with the other fights where a scumbag just starts a fight for no reason other than seeing you.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Cos it would be all over the net and around the world in seconds and there'd be no hiding it.

How does that make any difference? People used to be put in the stocks where they lived. That means the people they knew saw them, does anyone really give a shít what random people on the internet think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

3 pages in and people are already saying we should execute people for punching each other...

Anyway, pretty awful stuff. Hope they get him. What a little scumbag.

3 pages in and people are already saying we should execute people for punching each other...

Unusually there's no sign of anyone fantasising about him getting raped in prison.

lasting until 3 pages is pretty progressive of AH in fairness:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Peace wrote: »
    What a c*nt.

You know somethings bad when someone with that username calls him a c*nt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

What. There is obviously a reason for this we dont know about yet. Even the scumbaggiest scumbags dont just run up behind somebody and punch em in the back of the head with no motive. Especially a man to a woman :/ He didnt even rob her after..I'd reckon its a personal attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

That incident will probably scar that poor young girl for a long long time.

:(

The way he just jogged off like it was nothing, christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Do you actually think thats a hate crime? Youre probably just **** stirring and I look dumb now l0l

How do you mean, I am just alluding to the fact that it may be a racist attack rather than just typical scumbaggery. Some people were alluding to gang initiation as a potential motive. I am theorizing it to be a racist attack. Hopefully the girl makes a full recovery.

Pull the other one.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    What. There is obviously a reason for this we dont know about yet. Even the scumbaggiest scumbags dont just run up behind somebody and punch em in the back of the head with no motive. Especially a man to a woman :/ He didnt even rob her after..I'd reckon its a personal attack.

wish this was true mate.. I really do..

• Advertisement
Advertisement