Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unprovoked attack in UK

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

jugger0 wrote: »
    They should have to pay for keeping him in prison or else for the firing squads bullets.

Would you pay to fire the gun, though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

old hippy wrote: »
    I've been hospitalised. Lots of things have happened to me over the years and raging hard ons for vigilante style retribution or kangaroo courts like you haven't destroyed my faith in humanity.

Still, it's nice to have all the Liam Neesons in one place, for a change. Keep an eye on them, like.

You should know better then, there's a lot of truly terrible people out there who only want to do bad things. What if some fella, god forbid, raped a female member of your family, he was in jail before for the same thing but was released for good behavior, wouldn't you be a bit raged?

You should know better then, there's a lot of truly terrible people out there who only want to do bad things. What if some fella, god forbid, raped a female member of your family, he was in jail before for the same thing but was released for good behavior, wouldn't you be a bit raged?

You think you're doing a straw man thing but actually you're close to the truth there. There are people very dear to me who have been harmed and assaulted.

It's horrifying. And? What do you want me to do? Would you like me to dress up in a cape and do something about it?

The people fantasising about castration, torture, killing somebody - I feel sorry for them. Neither you, nor the people who have harmed me or my loved ones will ever break my spirit. No matter how much you try.

Back to your vile wish fulfilments, so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

It's funny, last night on the Guardian this was listed as number 1 in "Today's best videos", a bit distasteful!

You think you're doing a straw man thing but actually you're close to the truth there. There are people very dear to me who have been harmed and assaulted.

It's horrifying. And? What do you want me to do? Would you like me to dress up in a cape and do something about it?

The people fantasising about castration, torture, killing somebody - I feel sorry for them. Neither you, nor the people who have harmed me or my loved ones will ever break my spirit. No matter how much you try.

Back to your vile wish fulfilments, so.

LoL dont be getting butt hurt hippy, i dont want to see innocent people hurt, you want criminals to be treated as human beings when a lot of them are closer to animals. If i had to choose between a serial rapist being shot, or letting him live only to go out and rape more people.. well its an easy decision, but maybe if the prison guards cuddle him and read him enough bed time stories he'll stop all the raping?

LoL dont be getting butt hurt hippy, i dont want to see innocent people hurt, you want criminals to be treated as human beings when a lot of them are closer to animals. If i had to choose between a serial rapist being shot, or letting him live only to go out and rape more people.. well its an easy decision, but maybe if the prison guards cuddle him and read him enough bed time stories he'll stop all the raping?

Yeah, cos that's exactly what I'm advocating, isn't it?

Why do you Charles Bronson types tell lies to promote your arguments?

Yeah, cos that's exactly what I'm advocating, isn't it?

Why do you Charles Bronson types tell lies to promote your arguments?

And when did i advocate dressing in a cape or fantasizing about torture? strong hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

They should have to pay for keeping him in prison or else for the firing squads bullets.
    Would direct debit be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Ugh, why did I watch that.
    :(
    So f*cking disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Arpa wrote: »
    Castration is too lenient. He should be killed. You give me a gun and point him out to me, I would have no hesitation is killing him. Utter b*stard.

What's really aggravating is his ******y little run away after he hits her. I hope the Met get him and kick five colours of ****e out of him.

You'd accept the life term for murder after you've killed him, tough guy?

Posts like this make me cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Madam_X wrote: »
    Would direct debit be ok?

Cash up front please Madam X. Can't trust the families of a bad 'un after all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

mackg wrote: »
    He did because he's black, lovely stuff.
    No, you got it all wrong! He did it because she's white.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    No, you got it all wrong! He did it because she's white.

Looks asian tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

London is full of violent nutters like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Jorah wrote: »

They must hide really really well, cause I never notice them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Always felt safer in London than i do in Dublin or Limerick, and I lived there for ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Neither you, nor the people who have harmed me or my loved ones will ever break my spirit. No matter how much you try.
    It's less about breaking your spirit, and more about protecting those with a more vulnerable mind. The victim will choose to stay indoors after getting attacked, but a few people are stating the scum should get rehabilitated? How about we lock the scum indoors, and rehabilitate the victim?

Some people want to try new things, be it joyriding an ambulance, throwing a brick though a windscreen of a fire-engine, or in the case of this thread, hitting a girl from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

You haven't seen much of London then.

This thread is full of violent nutters

You've probably only seen a tiny bit of London, so.

• Advertisement

And when did i advocate dressing in a cape or fantasizing about torture? strong hypocrite.

Apologies, you fantasised about firing squads and rape of my family members.

You've probably only seen a tiny bit of London, so.

Seen enough.

Seen enough.

To make a sweeping generalisation about one of the best cities on Earth?

Yeah, man. :D

To make a sweeping generalisation about one of the best cities on Earth?

Yeah, man. :D

Don't get me wrong. It is a nice place surely, but its no haven from crime.

Some times it can be a rough place.

Don't get me wrong. It is a nice place surely, but its no haven from crime.

Some times it can be a rough place.

Indeed it can - but all big cities tend to. I've had things stolen from me here, been racially abused but all the really violent stuff happened to me in Dublin. Mugged several times, beaten up, had knives pulled on me :(

I still "love" Dublin, though. But crime is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

And you seem to get horn for flower power, theres alot of people in the world who would think nothing of stabbing you in the head with a screw driver and would laugh about it after, these people should be executed or kept in a tiny box for the rest of their lives, you cant make everything better with love and soft sentences!

No, there aren't. Otherwise we'd hear lots of stories about such attacks.
    LoL dont be getting butt hurt hippy, i dont want to see innocent people hurt, you want criminals to be treated as human beings when a lot of them are closer to animals.

How many, roughly?
    In what sense are they similar to animals?
    How do you know this? Do you work with criminals?
    If i had to choose between a serial rapist being shot, or letting him live only to go out and rape more people.. well its an easy decision

Can you give me a real-world situation in which such a decision would be required to be made?
    but maybe if the prison guards cuddle him and read him enough bed time stories he'll stop all the raping?

Can you quote a post suggesting that convicted rapists should be treated in such manner?

I know I'm asking for a lot, but I'm sure you have lots of evidence to back up your assertions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    It's funny, last night on the Guardian this was listed as number 1 in "Today's best videos", a bit distasteful!

They should probably rephrase that as most watched story or something.

Charles Bronson out of the Death Wish movies. You're thinking of Batman, as played by Adam West (and some other people).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Um, no. That would make us party to barbarism and no better than them.

The gangs need to be dismantled and young people need to be stimulated and nurtured, not left on sink estates with no amenities and a grim future.

There was a programme brought in in Easterhouse in East Glasgow, which brought about significant reduction in gang violence. It got the gangs in sit downs, had ex gang members showing them the error of their ways. Had members of victims' families speak to them and made impressions.

It got results, as opposed to the typical knee jerk reactions so beloved of the tabloidesque punters.

Did you watch the same video as me? What I saw was an evil c*nt attack an innocent teenage girl for no reason what so ever. In what way has this got anything to do with sink estates.

I've got plenty of mates both here in the UK and Ireland from council estates without amenities that have turned out to be good honest hard working people. The sooner society realizes that bleeding heart liberals can go to f*ck the better our world will be. This could have very easily killed the girl and should be treated as attempted murder and let him rot in prison.

Parts of London, e.g. areas of south London, are plagued with horrendous gang/knife crime though. Might not be visible in very central London or nicer areas but it is a huge problem. No different to many big cities, it doesn't make London dangerous overall. But it's pretty well documented in fairness. In such a massive city too it's easier to avoid/be oblivious too.

• Advertisement

Lived here for over twenty years, Greenford, Chalkhill in Wembly, Kilburn, Wilsden, Streatham, Blaham, Chelsea and Hackney

O I forgot Pimlico

So away and ride your hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Madam_X wrote: »
    Parts of London, e.g. areas of south London, are plagued with horrendous gang/knife crime though.

Are they areas made up of 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants?

woodoo wrote: »

You would fit in at an Islington dinner party, their code word is Non us type persons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The CCTV footage and video grabs have been removed from MailOnline for legal reasons

I wonder what The Daily Mail's reasoning is for this.. Media links and photos still very much live on The Guardian website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Im fairly interested to see how he will plead/explain this.

I thought it was an aborted mugging, but he doesn't seem to stop, realise he's done something stupid and run for it. It looks like he's followed through on his intention and just clocked someone and run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Just watched it. They better get the cnut and show no mercy.

• Madam_X wrote: »
    Parts of London, e.g. areas of south London, are plagued with horrendous gang/knife crime though. Might not be visible in very central London or nicer areas but it is a huge problem. No different to many big cities, it doesn't make London dangerous overall. But it's pretty well documented in fairness. In such a massive city too it's easier to avoid/be oblivious too.

Well, that's the thing, London is so big that most of the gangs/knife crap stays out of the city centre. Not always. I saw a guy get stabbed outside my city centre flat a few years ago, but generally, the city centre is a lot safer than somewhere like Dublin where all the undesirables pile into a very small area of the city. I feel much safer walking around Trafalgar Square/Oxford Street than I do walking around any of Dublin city centre.
    You would fit in at an Islington dinner party, their code word is Non us type persons

And is it not true, in fairness?

And is it not true, in fairness?

Is it true that South East London has a hinger proportion of sink estates with all the ancillary problems that goes with them Yes

If he saying that South East London is some waste land with no rule of law (Despite the impression that stupid Cow Hattie Harman and her vest may give) then no it is not true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Something really needs to be done with this type of abject vermin on the UK and here in Ireland (it happens here too).

Surely there is an inhabitable place like the south pole where we could put scum from all around the world to fend for themselves with no transport or anything. Just get them away from the decent people.

cournioni wrote: »
    Something really needs to be done with this type of abject vermin on the UK and here in Ireland (it happens here too).

Surely there is an inhabitable place like the south pole where we could put scum from all around the world to fend for themselves with no transport or anything. Just get them away from the decent people.

Been tried, place called Australia

Didn't work out very well as the vermin kept appearing the UK

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Been tried, place called Australia

Didn't work out very well as the vermin kept appearing the UK
    Yes I'm aware of that, but Australia has nice weather. The South Pole would be way, way funnier especially if they think they can still get away with wearing trackies down there.

Yes I'm aware of that, but Australia has nice weather. The South Pole would be way, way funnier especially if they think they can still get away with wearing trackies down there.

What about the poor penguins ?

Also under the Treaty on Antarctica you are not allowed to introduce any non native animals, hence the banning of sled dogs

woodoo wrote: »

Enough of the weasel words. Why don't you say what you really mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Pretty sure that girl was black as well as the attacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I've an idea. We build a really big building, and inside the building are rooms that can only be locked from outside. We put all the nasty types in there and lock them into the little rooms. The building would be pretty secure, but we could still hire people to keep an eye on the bad guys, thus creating jobs. It'd have the same effect as transporting them far away to keep them away from law-abiding citizens, but it'd be more practical.

I call this place "prison," after The Prisoner, the old TV programme about that guy who couldn't leave that place.

I've an idea. We build a really big building, and inside the building are rooms that can only be locked from outside. We put all the nasty types in there and lock them into the little rooms. The building would be pretty secure, but we could still hire people to keep an eye on the bad guys, thus creating jobs. It'd have the same effect as transporting them far away to keep them away from law-abiding citizens, but it'd be more practical.

I call this place "prison," after The Prisoner, the old TV programme about that guy who couldn't leave that place.

Whilst we have their undivided attention we may want to treat their addictions , sort out any mental problems , give those who need it an education.

Enough of the weasel words. Why don't you say what you really mean?
    It's not incorrect to say the areas of London with many disenfranchised young people turning to gang life are very ethnically diverse. I don't know why Woodoo asked that question, as we all know it's the case, but there's no point acting as if it's not something noteworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

I was in London last year and I was amazed in some of the areas there was not a single white person to be seen.

I was really worried walking through some areas as the looks I was getting obviously I wasnt welcome there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Lies

Prove it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement