Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unprovoked attack in UK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Can you prove it never happens though? I don't think anyone is excusing people from messed up backgrounds, just saying they probably wouldn't commit such crimes if their backgrounds weren't so messed up. They still deserve to go to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Lived here for over twenty years, Greenford, Chalkhill in Wembly, Kilburn, Wilsden, Streatham, Blaham, Chelsea and Hackney

O I forgot Pimlico

So away and ride your hand

Jeez you'd think you were the only person to ever live there. I was born in the Homerton in Hackney and lived there for years before my family moved back to Ireland. You must live a sheltered life over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Jeez you'd think you were the only person to ever live there. I was born in the Homerton in Hackney and lived there for years before my family moved back to Ireland. You must live a sheltered life over there.

Re my sheltered life, those who know me would agree with you, those people who know me would laugh

hate just goes looking for hate, and it has always amused me how Paddy goes after people of d colour, when we have more in common with them

Would point out that as a plastic paddy you is very low on the totem pole, both in London and at home

Would point out that as a plastic paddy you is very low on the totem pole, both in London and at home
    So... thinking "paddy" is inferior = ok; but any other kind of racism = bad. Oh Irish people with inferiority complexes - how amusing you are.

Explain?

Interesting ye both bit to that

Re my sheltered life, those who know me would agree with you, those people who know me would laugh

hate just goes looking for hate, and it has always amused me how Paddy goes after people of d colour, when we have more in common with them

I believe you live a sheltered life because of this earlier post by you.
    They must hide really really well, cause I never notice them

I never went round looking for trouble but it happens, and in no way am I racist as you are implying.

Interesting ye both bit to that
    Two people taking umbrage with your inflammatory comment on a forum of thousands is interesting? Interesting.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Two people taking umbrage with your inflammatory comment on a forum of thousands is interesting? Interesting.

inflammatory comment on this thread , we have had eveything up to the n word and I is inflammatory for saying Paddy, Talk to the Hand

csallmighty

Can you put my comment in context please

Originally Posted by Jorah
    London is full of violent nutters like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Big Bottom wrote: »
    I was in London last year and I was amazed in some of the areas there was not a single white person to be seen.

I was really worried walking through some areas as the looks I was getting obviously I wasnt welcome there.

Exactly and who the hell wants that in their country. The lefties will try and brow beat us all into accepting that for this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

woodoo wrote: »
    Exactly and who the hell wants that in their country. The lefties will try and brow beat us all into accepting that for this country.

....accepting what?

Exactly all them fecking Kerry peeps in County Cork is disgraceful , I is looking at you Pat Spillane

old hippy wrote: »
    Enough of the weasel words. Why don't you say what you really mean?

I am consistent in what i say here regarding immigration. I favour low and slow levels of immigration and an attempt to fully integrate those people into society. I just don't want ghettos and large sections of society not feeling part of a country failing to integrate at all. Lots of people disagree with me but thats OK.

I am consistent in what i say here regarding immigration. I favour low and slow levels of immigration and an attempt to fully integrate those people into society. I just don't want ghettos and large sections of society not feeling part of a country failing to integrate at all. Lots of people disagree with me but thats OK.

"those people" are.....?

inflammatory comment on this thread , we have had eveything up to the n word and I is inflammatory for saying Paddy, Talk to the Hand.

Its not for using the word paddy its for implying that paddy is inferior.

Nodin wrote: »
    "those people" are.....?

immigrants who else would i be referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

What thread am I on? bears little resemblance to the title??

Its not for using the word paddy its for implying that paddy is inferior.

Of course they are inferior, you don't think I including Cork peeps in the Paddy tag

Also you are picking up on Paddy , not plastic

• Advertisement

Original post:

Your reply:
    They must hide really really well, cause I never notice them.

I believe you must live a sheltered life when you never notice violence.

Also what do you mean by this comment:

....so you think if you were walking around a road full of Poles you'd get funny looks?

and Paddy in London is

....so you think if you were walking around a road full of Poles you'd get funny looks?

OK so people who may not like white people or not feel accepted by white people.

Original post:

Your reply:
    They must hide really really well, cause I never notice them.

I believe you must live a sheltered life when you never notice violence.

Also what do you mean by this comment:

Sorry , when I flipped my comment back at you I did not read anything beyond sheltered life

re my comment What it is says is what it means a very snide comment, sorry
    No excuses

OK so people who may not like white people or not feel accepted by white people.

So its not "immigrants" it's non-white immigrants. thanks.

Well you'll be delighted to know we have very little immigration from outside the EU.

• Advertisement

They are called teenagers, they have a chip on every shoulder what ever their colour

inflammatory comment on this thread , we have had eveything up to the n word and I is inflammatory for saying Paddy, Talk to the Hand

csallmighty

Originally Posted by Jorah
    Nah I hate any racism/xenophobia, including against my own nationality. There is a weird notion among some anti racist Irish people though who are fine with their own people being on the receiving end. Mistakenly thinking they're progressive or something.

So its not "immigrants" it's non-white immigrants. thanks.

Well you'll be delighted to know we have very little immigration from outside the EU.

Or more specifically immigrants that may isolate themselves and have a problem with the natives.

Or more specifically immigrants that may isolate themselves and have a problem with the natives.

...and who'd they be....?

Nah I hate any racism/xenophobia, including against my own nationality. There is a weird notion among some anti racist Irish people though who are fine with their own people being on the receiving end. Mistakenly thinking they're progressive or something.

Was going to say something really really profound but have 99 red ballons playing in the backgound

• Advertisement

...and who'd they be....?

They can be found all over cities in England. Some very anti western and trying to change the country from within, others heavily involved in racist gangs.

@ who the fug

Still don't understand why you would call me a plastic paddy when you don't know anything about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

A nasty attack by an obviously wired individual in East London.

That man knew he inflicted hurt and no matter how many people say that he may have a mental illness, mental illness or not, part of you would always know you're doing wrong.

And to those of you that say that a disadvantaged upbringing in the dregs of London is partly to blame, well I call Bo**ox! He chose what to do with himself that day, no one else did.

They can be found all over cities in England. Some very anti western and trying to change the country from within, others heavily involved in racist gangs.

Don't worry about the Labour party, and the EDL will grow up or go back to football violence

@ who the fug

Still don't understand why you would call me a plastic paddy when you don't know anything about me.

born in london, grew in Ireland obvious cheap shotise for which I once again apoligise for

Was going to say something really really profound but have 99 red ballons playing in the backgound
    Great song.

Great song.

Now playing it again in German, then will follow with Yazoo

...the EDL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Not sure if already posted with all the usual shite talking, but the guy has already been arrested and been to court! :)
    Thug, 34, admits punching 16-year-old girl unconscious in shocking random street attack which was caught on CCTV
    Michael Ayoade, 34, ran up behind Tasneem Kabir as she walked to college and smacked her around the head
    Ayoade jogged away as the 16-year-old lay unconscious on the ground in Plaistow, East London
    When arrested Ayoade told police he was intimidated by the petite teen and that 'she started it', Thames Magistrates' Court was told

Ayoade was remanded in custody and is due to appear at Inner London Crown Court on a date to be fixed.

Read more: DailyMail
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

If there is such a thing as karma then I hope this fcuking scumbag gets everything thats coming to him. Walking filth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

She started it? Jesus what age is this chap?

And even if she did start it; That chap is a pussy. Running up behind her like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

DrumSteve wrote: »
    She started it? Jesus what age is this chap?

And even if she did start it; That chap is a pussy. Running up behind her like that.

I think we can be fairly sure she didn't start it. If she had been antagonising someone she'd have had some inkling who attacked her and probably would've mentioned it to the police.

By the sounds of it, he took exception to a look she gave him - a look she wasn't aware of or more likely never happened.

Sad to see drink and weed being used as a way of explaining it. I would hope that doesn't translate into more lenient sentencing as it was his choice to drink and smoke too much. If he requires rehabilitation hopefully that can be built into the conditions of his sentencing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Er, ye already have ghettos in Ireland, long before immigration occured.
    Thank the big sky pixie for immigration, otherewise the following people wouldn't be in my life. My wife? My cousins? My mom? My exes? My mates? Crikey, your low and slow would just about end my frikkin' existence :(

Man, you people are just... nasty. Through and through :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Not sure if already posted with all the usual shite talking, but the guy has already been arrested and been to court! :)

So he smokes 10 joints a day, drinks heavily and has done for the last 18 years.

He's added a lot to UK society then hasn't he....

'She started it'....what a tool.

• Laneyh wrote: »
    I think we can be fairly sure she didn't start it. If she had been antagonising someone she'd have had some inkling who attacked her and probably would've mentioned it to the police.

By the sounds of it, he took exception to a look she gave him - a look she wasn't aware of or more likely never happened.

Sad to see drink and weed being used as a way of explaining it. I would hope that doesn't translate into more lenient sentencing as it was his choice to drink and smoke too much. If he requires rehabilitation hopefully that can be built into the conditions of his sentencing.

This is why I really don't want to move back to England. It's turned into an absolute kip in many places. It's the culture now, that nothing is ever anyone's fault. People really think they can get away with something because they were drunk and high, as if they had nothing to do with getting drunk and high in the first place. Surely that makes it even worse? What excuse did he have for being drunk and high in the middle of the sodding day?

I used to live in a block of flats where I was one of the only people working. Most of the other residents sat around smoking weed all day and then complained that the council wouldn't replace their kitchen tiles because they were looking a bit tatty or that the flat was too small for the fourth child THEY chose to have. There is a serious, serious problem with the massive underclass who have grown up on handouts and now think they're entitled to be given everything for free and entitled to do whatever they want because they can just make some feeble excuse and be let off. This joker actually thinks a girl looking at him the wrong way while he was off his face is an acceptable excuse?

I left England mostly because I felt like a f**king idiot getting up at half 6, working hard, paying a fortune in rent, scrimping and saving on groceries, never being able to afford to do anything when all around me, people like this absolute tosser were living on benefits and had no intention of ever going out to work. The welfare state doesn't work when morals and values and pride in yourself have gone down the drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They have the thug.

When arrested Ayoade told police he was intimidated by the petite teen and that 'she started it', Thames Magistrates' Court was told

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237501/Thug-Michael-Ayoade-36-admits-punching-Tasneem-Kabir-16-unconscious-shocking-random-street-attack.html

Thank the big sky pixie for immigration, otherewise the following people wouldn't be in my life. My wife? My cousins? My mom? My exes? My mates? Crikey, your low and slow would just about end my frikkin' existence :(

So do you think we should be allowing anyone at all that wants to come here come, no limits just open the doors.

I don't want to end up with Ireland like parts of England. I'd like the people that do come here to integrate, you are obviously one that has and i welcome here. I don't want vast areas of cities taken over by immigrants from places like Pakistan where they have no interest in the host culture. Where they would gladly bring in sharia law if they could. What is in that for the English or the Irish in our case?

If someone expresses concern about mass immigration and non assimilation when there are clearly problems in multicultural areas a lot of the time, this does not make them a racist or nasty. It is just an observation, and people shouldn't be made to feel like they must keep their mouth shut by people who are looking for racism and offence where there isn't any.
    There is no reason a person who expresses these concerns cannot also be completely opposed to racism, and the concerns I am talking about do not automatically mean "Go back to your own country".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

If someone expresses concern about mass immigration and non assimilation when there are clearly problems in multicultural areas a lot of the time, this does not make them a racist or nasty. It is just an observation, and people shouldn't be made to feel like they must keep their mouth shut by people who are looking for racism and offence where there isn't any.
    There is no reason a person who expresses these concerns cannot also be completely opposed to racism, and the concerns I am talking about do not automatically mean "Go back to your own country".

Very good post.

I live in Bristol on the most it is a mutli-cultural city. Immigrants have added a lot to the place(including us Irish) and for the most part people like it. However it has its issues just like London there is few small places that are populated by only non-ethnic groups and if your white you are not welcome. That isn't racism on my behalf, its racism on their behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

You know, with all this talk of capital punishment, ethnic minorities, low-income housing estates being a factor in violent tendencies, liberals and of course violent vigilantism, this thread is notable for its complete absence of "The_Citizen". Surely this angry, vengeful, furious and notoriously deep despiser of "scumbags" would swear much bloodshed upon this here ragamuffin, skinning him alive, thrusting a dagger deep into his heart to mercifully end his suffering and as a final insult, hanging his skinnless, disembowelled corpse from the Spire as a final warning to scumbags everywhere.

Or, you know, just talk a big game over the internet. Whichever seems more appropriate.

Advertisement