Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My way is the right way

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Knasher wrote: »
    No it is concentrated not diluted.

It's concentrated before you put water in and diluted afterward, no need to be so pendantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Sometimes I don't even bother adding the water, nevermind worrying about the water : juice ratio! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I keep an empty bottle for mixing orange squash. I pour the squash to a certain point and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. Mi Wadi and Robinsons bottles are especially good for this. It tastes perfect if you pour the squash up to the where the label starts (handily there's also a little notch on the bottle) and fill the rest with water.

I find this a lot handier than trying to get the perfect squash to water ratio in a glass. Also it's handy to have it in a bottle ready to drink instead of having to go to the tap when I want another drink.

And you can give it a good shake before you drink. Do the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

kowloon wrote: »
    After several minutes of intense investigation with some Mi Wadi:
    It mixes quicker if the water goes in afterwards. When I did it the other way around it created a purple mist that took ages to mix when left still.
    Interestingly, if you add ice cubes after the concentrate, but before the water, the two stayed in their own layers.
    I suspect the ice cubes cooled the Mi Wadi sufficiently in the time that it took me to mix in the water that the two liquids had enough difference in density to not mix. Specific gravity I think is the term.
    If the water is from the kettle it mixed fine, even when the concentrate was put in later.

Mythbusters are looing for you. :D
    I keep an empty bottle for mixing orange squash. I pour the squash to a certain point and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. Mi Wadi and Robinsons bottles are especially good for this. It tastes perfect if you pour the squash up to the where the label starts (handily there's also a little notch on the bottle) and fill the rest with water.

I find this a lot handier than trying to get the perfect squash to water ratio in a glass. Also it's handy to have it in a bottle ready to drink instead of having to go to the tap when I want another drink.

You do know that those plastic bottles degrade over time and you should at least change them every so often.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why would you not sort the cutlery in the dishwasher and save yourself ages putting it away? Masochists.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Completely agree with the dishwasher stacking - it's just like tetris. Can never understand why some people just throw the glasses in sideways, the end up filled with manky dishwasher water and have to be washed again.

That said, I'm a bit OCD about these things. I hang my clothes in different sections depending on when I wear them (day dresses, going out dresses, day tops, going out tops, jeans, skirts etc). And jewellery is hung according to colour, style etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Teacup>teabag>add hot water>leave for 5 mins>stir, squeeze and remove bag>add sweetner then stir>then add milk and stir again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I stir tea/coffee in a clockwise direction.
    My boyfriend complains that i'm doing it wrong and i'm weird because he stirs anti-clockwise

He would be right if ye were living in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I add the coffee granules, the milk goes in then, to the level where the neck of teaspoon starts, covering all the head of the spoon, then the boiling water. Stir then enjoy

With tea, its the water on top of the teabag, milk, then the teabag is strained against the side of the cup using the spoon, then removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

Ush1 wrote: »
    Teacup>teabag>add hot water>leave for 5 mins>stir, squeeze and remove bag>add sweetner then stir>then add milk and stir again.
    the miffer vs tiffer debate!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,,-1400,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

If my Science degree has thought me anything it's when making a solution always add the bigger volume of liquid last to ensure proper mixing.

Cordial first then water to mix everything up, if you add the cordial on top of the water is won't diffuse through the water properly leading to the start of the glass being a stronger concentration and the end of the glass being very watery

Go Science :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

johnt91 wrote: »
    If my Science degree has thought me anything it's when making a solution always add the bigger volume of liquid last to ensure proper mixing.

Cordial first then water to mix everything up, if you add the cordial on top of the water is won't diffuse through the water properly leading to the start of the glass being a stronger concentration and the end of the glass being very watery

Go Science :cool:

Not true always.
    If diluting an acid, you always add the concentrate to the water so that the large water volume absorbs the large heat rather than flash boiling a corrosive acid after adding a few drips of water!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jester77 wrote: »
    He would be right if ye were living in Australia.

Ehh I hope you are not using the Simpsons as your Physics reference because if you are then you would be wrong. :(

Either that or your cup of tea/toilet bowl/sink is the size of a hurricane.

Then again Aussies do go against the grain and do things differently to the poms.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I peel banana skins by pinching the little nook at the bottom of the banana rather than bending and pulling the stem at the top. Splits naturally that way and is easier to open. It's apparently how monkeys do it, and they'd be in the know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

With tea, its the water on top of the teabag, milk, then the teabag is strained against the side of the cup using the spoon, then removed.

You would be kicked out of my house. One of my biggest pet hates is Milky teabags. Am trying not to gag and throw up thinking about it now.

Disgusting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

enda1 wrote: »
    Not true always.
    If diluting an acid, you always add the concentrate to the water so that the large water volume absorbs the large heat rather than flash boiling a corrosive acid after adding a few drips of water!

A rare exception, last time I checked cordial wasn't a corrosive material waiting to spray you in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh I hope you are not using the Simpsons as your Physics reference because if you are then you would be wrong. :(

Of course not ;)

Advertisement