Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Answers Help!!!

• 21-11-2012 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

So, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how business Higher Level exam questions should be answered for homework. Whenever my teacher gives us homework from the exam papers, I usually use the marking scheme for that question as well as my book ("21st Century Business) to answer the questions. I'm no business extraordinaire but I know by looking at some of the definitions in the book that they are complete rubbish and are extremely unfocused.
    I just want to know- is the marking scheme the best source to ensure the question is answered properly or is it just a guide? Is it important to ensure that I don't develop an over-reliance on the marking scheme and is it also fair to say that what is in the marking scheme is not necessarily the material required for full marks?
    Any replies are greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hey there OP,

I'm currently in 6th year and to get full marks for a question you need to have good few key business terms in your answer. For example, "Illustrate what enterprise is?"

Enterprise is the effort made to achieve something new. It is the initative to start projects, to face challenges and take risks to achieve your goals.

Example, Identifying a new product and the taking of risks to set up a business.

The key business terms I used are intitiative, effort, challenges, and risks. It is also important for long questions that you use bullet points rather than essays as the examiner looks for business terms relating to the question.

I haven't looked at the marking schemes as I don't find helpful so I use e-xamit.ie with my Edco exam papers and look at the solutions.

Advertisement