Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to buy xbox with dash 14719 or lower

• 21-11-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to buy an xbox with dash 14719 or lower. Is it possible to tell by looking at the barcodes on the box if either of these 2 could possibly have 14719 or lower. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Hi
    I want to buy an xbox with dash 14719 or lower. Is it possible to tell by looking at the barcodes on the box if either of these 2 could possibly have 14719 or lower. Thanks.

The only way is to check for certain is to go system settings > console information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Thanks. I was hoping it was possible to tell what dash would be on xbox from the manufacture date on the box before I buy.

Jtaggable Xboxs are extremely hard to find nowadays, your best hope is to buy a Slim for RGH although even then it's a gamble as they may be shipping consoles with dashboard > 2.0.14719

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

There are various bits of information on the sticker (mainly the Lot number and the model number) that may give some hints. Hitting up the 360drives database which is drive information for consoles filled in by their users, that Lot number (1025X) and Model (1439) indicate that there's a good chance both of those consoles are 4GB Slim Trinity, all of which are glitchable if brand new since they stopped making them before Dash 14719 came out :)

2.0.15574.0 (the next revision of dashboard after 2.0.14719.0) was publicly released on June 12th. Assuming [generously] that it could have been pushed to shipping consoles a month before the public release then if the console is brand new and the manufacturing date on the console is earlier than May 12th 2012 it has 2.0.14719 or lower.

I wouldn't shell out on them without confirming either they are Trinity models (10.83A) or that they are Corona but were made before May 2012. Unfortunately the Slim doesn't have a peep hole like the old phat boxes had, so you have to open the box to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I'm out of the loop atm. Are there any news on getting new dashboards hacked?

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »
    I'm out of the loop atm. Are there any news on getting new dashboards hacked?

I think the RGH ended with the 15574 dashboard update I've no doubt that some clever hackers will find another exploit sooner or later

Just a little update on boards identities...

There appear to be some slims with a 10.83A on the back and a 9.6A output on the power supply. Manufacturing date is 09-2011 which is after the Corona appeared.

Now I'm not sure for definite if these are Coronas or Trinities, but you don't have to open the console to find out - you can take off the grill at the DVD tray side, shine in a torch through the holes in the chassis and can see clearly if the HANA chip is missing or present. HANA present = trinity, HANA missing = Corona :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jdan83

<snip>

If you have an ad an Adverts.ie or eBay etc, you may link to it from this forum. But selling items here directly isn't permitted under the rules. Cheers

* cough *

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388666

Why not just buy one premodded?

The most modern model guide is this, but has a flaw

230928.png

The 135W PSU 12V x.yyA is rather confusing. It does not mean that you should have a PSU that's rated 135W, outputting 12V x.yyA. It means you should have a 135W PSU and the back of the console should say 12V x.yyA.

I have here in front of me a console that has 10.83A on the back, and 9.6A on the PSU. Manufacturing data is September 2011. [url=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/6737/230929.jpg[/url]

It's a subtle difference but one that can mean the discarding of a console if you want a trinity. Also, September 2011 vs August 2011 for the Corona release, so some factory was still making Trinity consoles into early September 2011

• Advertisement
Advertisement