Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

convert ISO files to avi files.

Options
  • 21-11-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

anyone know how I would convert ISO files to avi file? Basically i downloaded a tv series that is a rar file. When I extract the rar files i have two folders calked AUDIO TS and VIDEO TS. There is nothing in the Audio folder and movie files abd other files in the Video folder. I am able to play parts of these files through medi player classic, im running wibdows xp, but it doesnt play right through like a dvd. One file might finish after 20 mins of an episode then I would have to open another file to continue on.

Any ideas on how i can convert these files that will make it play right through?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

https://www.google.ie/webhp?q=rip+audio+ts+and+video_ts+to+avi

Not being smart just posting a google link, but that's what you should be searching for to find the answer, there seem to be hundreds of different programs, just choose one that looks good and is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

https://www.google.ie/webhp?q=rip+audio+ts+and+video_ts+to+avi

Not being smart just posting a google link, but that's what you should be searching for to find the answer, there seem to be hundreds of different programs, just choose one that looks good and is free.

dont understand what to do. Do I copy the VOB files in the video folder into the convertor program or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Amprodude wrote: »
    dont understand what to do. Do I copy the VOB files in the video folder into the convertor program or what?

select the video ts folder in the program and it will convert it i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

select the video ts folder in the program and it will convert it i presume

there are also files called .IFO and .BUP longside the vob files. Do these need to be copied as well?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Amprodude wrote: »
    there are also files called .IFO and .BUP longside the vob files. Do these need to be copied as well?
    No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

AUDIO TS and VIDEO TS are DVD-Video files, you could use the dvd ripper to convert these files to avi video, there are some nice dvd ripping software on market, such as handbrake, or paid aneesoft dvd ripper.

Advertisement