Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance calls from India

Options
  • 21-11-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I get at least one, sometimes two, calls each weekday from call centres in India telling me I have a problem with my computer or with my credit card. Scams.

They obviously use the phonebook, because they ask for me by name.

My phone does not have that fancy "here is the number calling you" feature.

And, I suspect they are using Skype.

Is there any way to block them??????

Many thanks,

Bob in Terenure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I had the same issue a few years back the phone calls started coming in at one in the morning. I rang Eircom and got myself on a blocking list, but they said it wouldnt work for international numbers. I told Eircom that seeing it was their " representatives" ringing me from India I wanted to be taken off their "allowed to contact list". It takes 28 days to kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Silver Breeze

Unfortunately it is impossible to block these numbers calling you. We have had reports of people throughout Ireland receiving these calls and we have not been able to identify the number. Apologies for the inconvenience caused but my best advice is to let these people know that you know this is a scam.

Regards

Alan

Advertisement