Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire C or HTC Desire X

Options
  • 21-11-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi. I need to return my Lumia 800 tomorrow as having problems that they can't fix. In that price range, I'm looking at the new HTC Desire C and Beats or the HTC Desire X which is only slightly dearer. Anyone have experience with either of these phones. I'm choosing from the o2 website. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

If it has to be a choice between the two the Desire X is the better phone.
    But imo the Lumia 800 is better than the two of them, any chance you can get a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I got my wife the desire c and my mam uses one too. Its awful to say the least.
    I've had a lot of android devices (desire, SGS, SGS2, desire hd, 2xHP touchpad, htc one x, nexus 7) and the c is very poor. Needs reboots at least once a day, slows down for no reason.

Unfortunately I don't know the desire x but its a newer device than the C so I'd be looking at that ahead of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

The Desire X is definitely the better phone of the two, hands down. The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is a nice phone within your price range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Thanks. Ended up getting the HTC One V which seems fine so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

lafors wrote: »
    I got my wife the desire c and my mam uses one too. Its awful to say the least.
    I've had a lot of android devices (desire, SGS, SGS2, desire hd, 2xHP touchpad, htc one x, nexus 7) and the c is very poor. Needs reboots at least once a day, slows down for no reason.

Unfortunately I don't know the desire x but its a newer device than the C so I'd be looking at that ahead of it.
    I did the same bought my wife a desire c really slow and laggy just change to a custom rom and it seem alot faster

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356457-rom-htc-desire-c-nameless-rom-503/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The HTC One S seems like a good phone? The only thing is that the HTC doesn't seem to have expandable memory/microSD slot or I could be mistaken for on this phone not sure. It really depends what you are looking for in a phone.

Advertisement