Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Dundalk Square on ice"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Sean Lock was having the craic on the rink over the weekend.

302823_214130938723128_1312050036_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Sean Lock was having the craic on the rink over the weekend.

302823_214130938723128_1312050036_n.jpg

Yeah well he can afford to can't he? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,065 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Who is he?

Who is he?

Moderately successful British comedian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Moderately successful British comedian.

pfft... one of the best British comedians of the last decade :p

• Advertisement

pfft... one of the best British comedians of the last decade :p

I like Sean Lock but I wouldn't go that far! :D

I like Sean Lock but I wouldn't go that far! :D

Not in stand-up but other that he's right up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Not in stand-up but other that he's right up there.

The man's an upstanding guy alright, spent a small fortune in Dundalk , How bad's that for upping the economy a little.

More Comédie please .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Took a party of children there today. Simply put , a terrific facility, prob 50 young people out there, very helpful staff,

Congrats to whoever put this together

Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Good news, Ice skating will return on the 29th November 2013 :)
    Ice skating will return to Dundalk’s Market Square this Christmas season with the potential to attract up to 30,000 people, thanks to an improved skating experience on offer and huge reduction in ticket prices from last year’s event.

Dundalk on Ice will open up in the heart of the town centre in late November, thanks to the full backing of Dundalk BIDS, Dundalk Town Council and the numerous town centre businesses and associations who have come together to sponsor the initiative.

Making the announcement this week, Dundalk on Ice Project Manager, Martin McElligott said: “I’m thrilled to confirm that Dundalk on Ice will officially open on Friday November 29th coinciding with the Night of Lights and will remain open through to December 31st.

“We have been working on this along with Dundalk Town Council and Dundalk BIDS since last July. Last year’s event brought 15,000 people into the town centre but there were a few lessons to be learned.

“Dundalk on Ice will face out onto the Market Square, from under the Big Screen. The company supplying the rink, have also supplied the London Olympics and Harrod’s rooftop ice rink. It will ‘float’ on the Market Square surface and will be far superior in appearance.

“Also, we looked at affordability and decided that we should reduce ticket prices. School packages will also be available, within school hours. We will also be offering promotions along with local retailers,” said Martin.

Fiona Cunningham, Dundalk BIDS, which has worked closely with Martin McElligott to bring Dundalk on Ice to fruition, said today: “Over 15,000 people visited the Ice Rink last year. Due to the reduction in ticket prices, special themed sessions such as One Direction and Disney, and in general a better skating experience, there is the potential to attract up to 30,000 visitors to the Market Square this Christmas season.

“Also, due to the repositioning of the rink it will be possible for markets to continue to be held on the Market Square and benefit from the increased footfall.”

David Storey, Senior Executive Officer, Dundalk Town Council, said that the town authority was more than happy to welcome Dundalk On Ice to the town centre.

“We all saw last year how successful the ice rink on the Market Square was, yet of course there were lessons to be learned. Dundalk On Ice will see the Market Square used to its full potential offering visitors to the Dundalk town centre a fantastic experience.”

A dedicated website, www.dundalkonice.com will be online to the public midweek with links to dedicated Facebook and Twitter.

http://talkofthetown.ie/2013/10/21/dundalk-on-ice-to-return-this-christmas/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good to hear but I just hope it looks better than last year. That one was an eye-sore. If this one is backing on to the coffee shop it had better look decent.

Anything that brings people into town now is good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Despite the fact I'll probably take out everybody in my immediate area with a slippy clothes line, I'm quite looking forward to this :)

Good news, Ice skating will return on the 29th November 2013 :)

Just noticed on their website that 'Dundalk on Ice' will actually now return on Saturday 23rd November and not on the 29th as i posted ;)

http://www.dundalkonice.com/

Also some more good news for ice skating fans:Ice dome to re-open in 2014

http://talkofthetown.ie/2013/11/07/dundalk-ice-dome-set-to-reopen-in-the-new-year/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Also some more good news for ice skating fans:Ice dome to re-open in 2014

http://talkofthetown.ie/2013/11/07/dundalk-ice-dome-set-to-reopen-in-the-new-year/

Yeeeeees! That's just made this Canadian very happy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not that eyesore at the square again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The ice skating is back this year and it's real ice too :)

Real slush more like! But it does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rockstar_91

The ice skating is back this year and it's real ice too :)

Now will it be ice or "ice"!

SORRY for bumping the thread but i remember the Sean Lock pic appearing on this thread back in the day and i actually searched for it but seems it's gone now. I'm wondering if Funglegunk still has the photo? Would be brilliant to see it just one more time.

Thanks.

Advertisement