Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City Vs Real Madrid KO 7.45 SS2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I'd say 99% of City fans have NO interest whatsoever in getting into the Europa League. I sure as **** don't want that waste of time. So you can keep those comments in your pocket :)

Lol:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Were you supporting the side when you dropped to the 3rd tier of English football?

Now you are scoffing at competing in Europe's 2nd competition that you would realistically be one of the favs to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Ray looks like Michael Palin in the Monty Python 'Lion Tamer' sketch...

Did Dunphy just call Mancini brain damaged??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Given the choice, would you want it?

Absolutely not, but it might be a good chance to give your academy(???) players a run out.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNkuT2nTsv11R7kUrSPgc9h3BtcbJd1YvNNml7HL7qGandtFIxf8XlVDtXGA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Another dismal campaign. I'd be amazed if Mancini is still there next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Dunphy all but wearing his United kit on the panel tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Ah jaysus Dunphy, get a hold of yourself .... such a united man through and through ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There is a difference Ray. The first one was a foul, the second wasn't. Dunno why you're comparing the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

el dude wrote: »
    Dunphy all but wearing his United kit on the panel tonight.
    :D

Again he has to go back to that Everton match !!! wtf !!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lol

Were you supporting the side when you dropped to the 3rd tier of English football?

Nope! And it doesn't bother me in the slightest :D:D:D

Now you are scoffing at competing in Europe's 2nd competition that you would realistically be one of the favs to win.

Correct. It's a lot of extra games in God knows where, when we have a serious battle in the PL and not exactly a massive squad. The PL is much more important the the EL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Balotelli a 'clown' now as well...he is getting them all in tonight.

Deank wrote: »
    Absolutely not, but it might be a good chance to give your academy(???) players a run out.....

Yes, but absolutely not is still the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Nope! And it doesn't bother me in the slightest :D:D:D

Correct. It's a lot of extra games in God knows where, when we have a serious battle in the PL and not exactly a massive squad. The PL is much more important the the EL

The EL is your only reasonable chance for a European trophy, because even if you qualify for the CL again next season you'll still get horsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

the_monkey wrote: »
    Ah jaysus Dunphy, get a hold of yourself .... such a united man through and through ...

Yeh, Dunphy gave Ronaldo an easy time when he was with United . .

And theres me thinking United conspiracys were limited to united games!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Lol:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

I can tell you that I was.

Now we are established as one of the top 4, and yes, I would rather we avoided the europa so we can have a better chance of success in the league. Would it be a different story if we were a mid-table team who dodged our way to the CL, yes it would.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Balotelli a 'clown' now as well...he is getting them all in tonight.

At least for one of them spoke sense for once;)

Ray Hougton getting stick now LOL

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The EL is your only reasonable chance for a European trophy, because even if you qualify for the CL again next season you'll still get horsed.

At least we will be there, good luck with your lot clawing their way up teh divisions :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

ha houghton getting panned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Good man Tony.

I knew I recognized that 'tash somewhere.

Willie O'Dea!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

karma_ wrote: »
    Now we are established as one of the top 4, and yes, I would rather we avoided the europa so we can have a better chance of success in the league. Would it be a different story if we were a mid-table team who dodged our way to the CL, yes it would.

So you say you're now one of England's big clubs, but don't actually want to play in a European tournament.

Must not be that big of a club then if you're afraid the squad can't cope with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is the failed ex Millwall alcoholic dwarf having a go at city again?:rolleyes:

Poor old Ray is getting roasted by the panel . .

Then Darragh Moloney says "well he is doing it for charity" . . How much of a backhanded compliment is that ?

He might aswell of said "Stop slagging lads, it might look sh*t but hes doing it for charity ! ! "

Odds on the RTE twitter account getting mostly questions about Rays ronnie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is that screen really touch screen or are they just pretending it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

City fans are still getting used to following a team with huge money. They are still in dreamland having seen their club win the Premier League title and in such exciting circumstances too. For most I'm sure its still just a bit surreal to see Real Madrid playing against their team in the Champion's league.

In time they will want a lot more but its understandable that there isn't huge pressure from the fans just yet given what they went through over the past 15 years.

• Advertisement

Is that screen really touch screen or are they just pretending it is?

Giles holding remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So you say you're now one of England's big clubs, but don't actually want to play in a European tournament.

Must not be that big of a club then if you're afraid the squad can't cope with it.

To be fair when Utd ended up in the same predicament last year, I was praying they didn't qualify for the Europa league.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Poor old Ray is getting roasted by the panel . .

Then Darragh Moloney says "well he is doing it for charity" . . How much of a backhanded compliment is that ?

He might aswell of said "Stop slagging lads, it might look sh*t but hes doing it for charity ! ! "

Check out Michael Owens smig on SS2, jaysus, George Michael look going on:eek: Will try get a pic

I don't even care to answer your claim that "even if we qualify for the CL again next season we'll still get horsed." to be quite honest.

But seriously Jelle1880, if you had a choice between a solid run for a second PL in a row (remember, we're top and unbeaten) and a pretty random chance at the EL, which would you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is the failed ex Millwall alcoholic dwarf having a go at city again?:rolleyes:

Tallest man on the panel I'd say but carry on........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Giles holding remote
    He's had a couple of Father Jack moments tonight - they'd hardly give him that level of responsibility, would they?

Eye on the prize Jelle, eye on the prize.

I think you're a million miles out of touch with how people generally feel about the EL. If you think it's worthwhile, great. It would be a great achievement for a whole load of clubs. But speaking with my Man City supporter hat on, I have zero interest in it.

Turn it into an attack on the size of the club if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

eagle eye wrote: »
    City fans are still getting used to following a team with huge money. They are still in dreamland having seen their club win the Premier League title and in such exciting circumstances too. For most I'm sure its still just a bit surreal to see Real Madrid playing against their team in the Champion's league.

In time they will want a lot more but its understandable that there isn't huge pressure from the fans just yet given what they went through over the past 15 years.

That's the most patronising thing i have ever read in here

Ah Geoff Shreeves at it again !

Speaking to Mancini : "Just how dissapointed are you to go out of the champions league tonight ?"

Might aswell say to Mancini : "Does this feel as bad as when your parents died ? And if so, which is worse? And why ?" . .

To be fair, he isn't wrong.

Ok, Shreevesy just asked Roberto if he wanted to be in the EL.

Did anyone catch the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ah Geoff Shreeves at it again !

Speaking to Mancini : "Just how dissapointed are you to go out of the champions league tonight ?"

Might aswell say to Mancini : "Does this feel as bad as when your parents died ? And if so, which is worse? And why ?" . .
    wtf are u on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

In fairness, I think it is one of the more accurate statements I've read in here. Being realistic, we we're third favourites in that group and we're finishing 3/4. How long has it taken any other team to establish themselves as a Champions League finalists?

When you cut through the nonesense of 'How much has the team cost' etc, why is they're such an expectation for City to walk over top European teams straight away.

What eagle eye was pointing out is that the majority of these type of comments are coming from non City fans, which is expected when bitter people decide to share their opinions on here.

City have established themselves in the EPL, undefeated at home since 2010, unbeaten so far this year, top of the table, and not to forget Champions. We'll be back next year, stronger and better. Only a matter of time before we make a mark on Europe. Nothing happens overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

karma_ wrote: »
    I can tell you that I was.

Kind of attitude that makes you lot the lame champions you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Except there's nothing remotely wrong with what Shreeves asked Mancini...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

"Team of mercanaries" "Shambles"

Top of league and still unbeaten...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Comments like this make it all worthwhile :pac:

I've bolded the important word for you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

In fairness, I think it is one of the more accurate statements I've read in here. Being realistic, we we're third favourites in that group and we're finishing 3/4. How long has it taken any other team to establish themselves as a Champions League finalists?

When you cut through the nonesense of 'How much has the team cost' etc, why is they're such an expectation for City to walk over top European teams straight away.

What eagle eye was pointing out is that the majority of these type of comments are coming from non City fans, which is expected when bitter people decide to share their opinions on here.

City have established themselves in the EPL, undefeated at home since 2010, unbeaten so far this year, top of the table, and not to forget Champions. We'll be back next year, stronger and better. Only a matter of time before we make a mark on Europe. Nothing happens overnight.

Nope, at the beginning of the group stage you were definitely second favorites to progress. You were actually third or fourth favorites to win the competiton outright. Dortmund were out as far as 40/50-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Blatter wrote: »
    Nope, at the beginning of the group stage you were definitely second favorites to progress.

Why? Because people hadn't bothered to follow Dortmund before this year? Dortmund were the better European team at the start of this campaign, albeit the expectation of City's ability wasn't far off. BUt anyone who would consider City to automatically be better than Dortmund by virtue of winning the English title is a little misguided.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Except there's nothing remotely wrong with what Shreeves asked Mancini...

Your very sensitive tonight . .

Some people do find it stupid asking a manager how they feel after going out of a huge tournament . . WTF can he say ?

Advertisement