Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa New Chelsea Manager . .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

"@CFCChatter Right lets get this chant sorted: You're not wanted here. You're not wanted here. **** of Benitez, you're not wanted here. (Repeat 90 mins)"

I seriously struggle to understand Chelsea fans.

Its Rafas fault that Roman sacked the manager and hired him ?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They're all ready to burn down Stamford Bridge judging by twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why are 'Pool fans wishing him luck? He's a legend at your club, so wanting him to do well at another is club normal but at Chelsea? I thought there would be a line drawn there.

I'm just looking in from the outside though.

I, for one, want him to do well just to silence the droolers. Even if it is Chelsea.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why are 'Pool fans wishing him luck? He's a legend at your club, so wanting him to do well at another is club normal but at Chelsea? I thought there would be a line drawn there.

The title this season will be won by utd, city or chelsea. Previously I didn't care if it was city or chelsea as i certainly would prefer utd not to win it, but now I'd like to see Rafa have some success as I like the man, as long as Liverpool beat them whenever the teams meet later in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Were fairly rubbing shoulders with them in Wembley in May I thought.

When we lost? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Meanwhile outside Anfield a vigil is being held in his memory.

413034483_51803d95d9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

He'll be gone by Christmas.

They've just sacked him.

If only Roman had waited a day, he could have got Mancini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Rafa on a 9 month internship...is he on the Jobbridge scheme?

For a man with his record he should be getting a lot more time than that!

As a Pool fan I'm gutted but best of luck to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why are 'Pool fans wishing him luck? He's a legend at your club, so wanting him to do well at another club is normal but at Chelsea? I thought there would be a line drawn there.

As long as he doesn't beat Lfc when he plays us, I wish rafa the best for every game. A gent of a man with a heart of gold who deserves to succeed at the top.

Lumbo wrote: »
    They've just sacked him.

By the looks of things in the City game they might miss out on Arry if they dont sack him by midnight tonight . . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm an atheist, but...God help him

Will bookies pay out on Benitez now, seeing as he's only 'interim' manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They are not obliged to, I know that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Yep someone posted a small print T&C earlier stating this

Don't know which site but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Good luck to him, hope he does well

Shame they are out of the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It will be funny to see him wind up Mr. ferguson anyway.

Leiva wrote: »
    Yep someone posted a small print T&C earlier stating this

Don't know which site but

Betfairs rules:

Who will be appointed as the next first team manager of Chelsea FC?

1. Subject to paragraph 2, an appointment described by Chelsea FC as ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar, will not constitute first team manager.

2. Notwithstanding paragraph 1, an individual appointed by Chelsea FC on an ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar basis who remains manager in that capacity for at least 10 completed consecutive English League games (including over the course of more than a single season), will be considered to have been appointed as the next first team manager for the purpose of this market and Betfair will settle the market accordingly on that person.

3. The actual duration of the manager’s contract will not be relevant for the purpose of this market.

4. This market will be settled using official information provided by Chelsea FC. Betfair will not be under any obligation to contact Chelsea FC for confirmation regarding the nature of the appointment. Betfair reserves the right to wait for further official announcements before the market is settled.

5. In the event that Chelsea FC change the structure of their management team and do not call the appointed individual first team manager, Betfair will settle the market on the individual who is responsible for picking the first team. In the event of any ambiguity over the appointment, Betfair may determine using its reasonable discretion how to settle the market based on all the information available to it at the relevant time.

6. Betfair will NOT be responsible for suspending the market when an official announcement is made by Chelsea FC. However, Betfair will suspend the market as soon as it becomes aware of an official announcement by Chelsea FC. Customers are responsible for all bets placed on this market at ALL times. Runners will be added on request subject to Betfair’s absolute discretion.

7. Betfair expressly reserves the right to suspend and/or void any and all bets on this market at any time in the event that Betfair is not satisfied (in its absolute discretion) with the certainty of the outcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

niallo27 wrote: »
    Like when he wrote that letter?

Good luck to him, hope he does well except against Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

the haters will go full retard over the next few months should be fun to watch from the outside for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy with Rafa anyway. Could have done a lot worse.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    the haters will go full retard over the next few months should be fun to watch from the outside for a change

It's already started :D

niallo27 wrote: »

Hes had 2 years of waiting to come up with something good . . No excuses . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

They all have different rules. A must to check them before betting.

From what I remember PaddyPower will pay out. Betfair also will.

Edit: actually no they might not. Drumpot right corrected me. You're on a winner but still have to wait for Benitez to match the terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Under FSG and Kenny yous couldn't mix it with Chelsea despite them having their worst league finish in a decade.

thats right they couldn't, except those three league wins against chelsea out of 3, 2 at the bridge and an absolute hammering of chelsea at anfield, knocking chelsea out the league cup at stamford bridge and coming within an incredible save and hitting the post of bringing the fa cup final to extra time

Pj! wrote: »
    They all have different rules. A must to check them before betting.

From what I remember PaddyPower will pay out. Betfair also will.

Betfairs rules state that they will only payout after 10 league games for interim manager . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Drumpot wrote: »
    Betfairs rules state that they will only payout after 10 league games for interim manager . .
    He'll surely last for 10 games!

But yeah fair point. You'll have to wait for your money. Corrected post above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I heard as part of the deal he got a mobile phone with a 30 day pay as you go contract.

Pj! wrote: »
    He'll surely last for 10 games!

But yeah fair point. You'll have to wait for your money.

Theyve reopened the betting and people still think theres a chance that he wont last that long (his odds are still floating between 1-10 and 1-8!) . .

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    I heard as part of the deal he got a mobile phone with a 30 day pay as you go contract.

Better deal then Christian Gross when he was made Spurs manager in 97. he had to get the train to his first training session (or so a spurs mate told me) . . Dont even think that Spurs got him a 10 journey return card . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Solid if unspectacular appointment but the whole interim thing probably means we'll be back here again in six months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

People saying Pep for next summer, if the guy has any sense he will steer clear of that club. While the mad Russian is in charge, there will only be one person running that team.

I feel sorry for Rafa going there.

murpho999 wrote: »

Borrowed it from Ashley Cole I heard :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

24hrs ago Torres was probably thinking that's it.

Now tonight he must be over the moon.

24hrs is a long time in football :o

Holy F**k . .Rafas odds spiked to 1-3 for a minute on betfair ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I couldn't understand why they'd sack RDM when, since Pep was always slated to come in next summer, they could have let Robbie run down the clock till the end of the season.

Why sack RDM? And why hire Rafa? The only way it makes sense to me is if RA wants to prove to himself and others that Torres is in fact a still-on-fire-rootin'-tootin' goal machine. I don't think anyone realistically expects Rafa to pick up significant silverware, so it seems his sole job is to make Torres look like a reasonable buy and not the clueless overspending of a billionaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I, for one, want him to do well just to silence the droolers. Even if it is Chelsea.

This is amazing. Him doing well means one less CL spot for Liverpool. You would think you and others could leave the ego behind to help your own club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Are Rafa and Chelsea done???

• Advertisement

People saying Pep for next summer, if the guy has any sense he will steer clear of that club. While the mad Russian is in charge, there will only be one person running that team.

Whatever slim chance there was that he would go there, given Abromovich's history of sacking people after a few months, the way the fans will treat Benitez will probably convince him.

If I could get the right odds, I'd have a few quid on Guardiola being Man City's next manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Going to be good to see Rafa back in the EPL,hope he does a few of his "Fact" rants :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Actually mods can we get this stickied for long term convenience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    This is amazing. Him doing well means one less CL spot for Liverpool. You would think you and others could leave the ego behind to help your own club

A lot of us have a lot of respect for the man and would like to see him do well, what's the got to do with ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

deeeelighted with this appointment. :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

9 managers in 9 years ! For his 10th anniversary , who will R A go for next ?

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Him doing well means Chelsea winning the league. There's very little chance of Chelsea finishing outside the top 4 considering the strength of their squad and probable lack of CL football.

Obviously, in the highly unlikely case that Liverpool are battling with Chelsea for a CL place, I'll want Liverpool to qualify. I really don't know how you can see it otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Hardly going to be attacking sexy football under rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Him doing well means Chelsea winning the league. There's very little chance of Chelsea finishing outside the top 4 considering the strength of their squad and probable lack of CL football.

Obviously, in the highly unlikely case that Liverpool are battling with Chelsea for a CL place, I'll want Liverpool to qualify. I really don't know how you can see it otherwise

And if Liverpool fans come out and say "come on agent Rafa bring Chelsea down" they are bitter and such other crap things no win situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I seriously don't know why Liverpool fans are annoyed, he waited and waited to come back but never got the call. Anyway, I'll say Rafa will last longer than AVB and RDM combined. Bookmark it if you must :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

secman wrote: »
    9 managers in 9 years ! For his 10th anniversary , who will R A go for next ?

12 trophies in 9 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement