Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White KTM RC8 superbike ...WOW

• 21-11-2012 8:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a white KTM RC8 superbike on the Swords road this afternoon,while out getting the newspaper.

Heard it comming from a fair distance and then saw the light off of it and then it was gone.

Beautifull superbike from what I saw of it,and a rather impressive sound from it too.It had to have a full exhaust system on it,as it was LOUD.:D

I dont think thats too common a bike on the streets of Dublin???:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

You should of ran out in front of him and when he swerved to avoid you and crashed the bike, then you could start telling him thats its his fault caus he wasnt driving in a manner to avoid you running out at him :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

goodlad wrote: »
    You should of ran out in front of him and when he swerved to avoid you and crashed the bike, then you could start telling him thats its his fault caus he wasnt driving in a manner to avoid you running out at him :p

Nah,I was too busy reading about Chelsea sacking their manager..again.

9 managers in 9 seasons.:eek:

Anyway,beautifull looking bike and what a sound.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Seen one around Dun Laoghaire on occasion, great bike.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Seen one around Dun Laoghaire on occasion, great bike.

Well that was my 1st time seeing one in the flesh this afternoon,on the Swords Road.

You cannot change just the end can,so its 2 grand sterling for a full exhaust system for the RC8....Ouch on the wallet.:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

A mate of mine has one, he took it with him when he moved to the UK last year. Beautiful bike, beautiful sharp lines, great set-up. Very compact though. I reckon it'd be a back breaker for tall people. Apart from his, I think I've only ever seen one or two, so they're pretty rare alright.

• Advertisement

A mate of mine has one, he took it with him when he moved to the UK last year. Beautiful bike, beautiful sharp lines, great set-up. Very compact though. I reckon it'd be a back breaker for tall people. Apart from his, I think I've only ever seen one or two, so they're pretty rare alright.

Does the RC8 have a KTM built motor or is it a donor motor from another manufacturer?

It is a fantastic looking bike.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

paddy147 wrote: »
    Does the RC8 have a KTM built motor or is it a donor motor from another manufacturer?

I honestly don't know, but AFAIK it's a KTM motor.

Sexiest thing on 2 wheels!! :cool:

I honestly don't know, but AFAIK it's a KTM motor.

Sexiest thing on 2 wheels!! :cool:

Ducati Panigale or KTM RC8??

Decisions decisions......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

IIRC its their own motor, the LC8, they couldn't get the quality/power from Rotax. I think it's the same engine in the Super Duke, but in a lower state of tune. Had a few spins on a Super Duke which is amazing, can't think what the RC8 is like.

1st time I was out on my bike I got a screw through the front tyre. Got a puncture repair kit of a fellow on an RC8, was too annoyed with the puncture to admire the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Amazing bike! Rode one for a day, you can adjust pretty much everything on it to suit your height/build and riding style. If I had the money I would definately buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

KTM built big thumpers for years, they have one called the LC4 which was a 600cc single water cooled etc.
    I think what the RC8 is is two LC4 barrels stuck together as a V twin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would rather the Aprilla RSV4 TBH, but both are sexahhhhhh.

http://www.rsv4aprilia.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

A Lovely bike, that one is on the list of bikes I must own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Could be tempted to trade for this :D
    2013_MV_Agusta_F4RR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

You can get them for half nothing relatively. They didnt sell well and loads of the unused stock was sent to the UK. They were selling brand new ones last year in dealers (09/10 models left over) for around 7500 sterling and i have seen second hand ones as low as 5k sterling.
    For what you get its a good price - good quality brakes, suspension and wheels and lots of adjustability.
    I have had one out for a few hours twice - they are nice but I wuldnt buy one myself. Was supposed to take the new R version out this year but never got around to it. I'd be interested to see what the extra power does.

Advertisement