Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Tea!

• 21-11-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Apologies if posted in the wrong place, please move elsewhere if more appropriate, is there any kind-of miscellaneous-y Forum......

As per title, I Hate Tea! Can't stand the stuff, and the smell of it is rotten too! I'm quite crap at making an acceptable cuppa tae too because I don't even drink it myself let alone make it! I'm possibly missing out on a great home-comfort apparently, but also a good strong warm cuppa is warm and soothing and helps ease situations and resolving problems and all good things. But I've always hated the stuff and never got to like it. My mum reckons it's because she gave me bottles of tea as a baby. It's amusing the shock-horror on people's faces though when they ask ya if you'll have a cup and you refuse it 'cuz ya don't like it! :D It seems almost in-comprehensible that there is a mere notion/idea that somebody does not like tea! :D So I'm curious if any/many out there just don't like tea........ :)

Do you like tea? 450 votes

Hate it!
    0%
    Love it! Would live on the stuff all day.
    28%
    YuMgurramokRabiesAgent SmithneilmtoxofCorruptedmoralsgafarrellGeorgeBaileykenmcgustafodoriansmithcee_jayHail 2 Da Chimpchubba1984Liam90LorraineLRavage1616kc66GLaDOS 127 votes
    Drink it an odd time with a biccie.
    50%
    Zascarthe_sycoseamusStarkNeVeR[Deleted User]ValentinatuxyparasiteFaithSarkyTzetzeRainMakerSoldie[Deleted User]shed headrainbow kirbyenda1Mr. CooL ICEapplehunter 228 votes
    Not a big tea-fan, drink it when out chatting/lunching with friends, or with/after meal dining out.
    21%
    Monty - the one and onlybyteentropitony 2 tonegenieDiddy KongAglomeradopositronlollijelliecantdecideSomnuscureheadRaminahobbinNultyzero19YouTookMyNameRemmymallards_Puma_ 95 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Apologies if posted in the wrong place, please move elsewhere if more appropriate, is there any kind-of miscellaneous-y Forum......

As per title, I Hate Tea! Can't stand the stuff, and the smell of it is rotten too! I'm quite crap at making an acceptable cuppa tae too because I don't even drink it myself let alone make it! I'm possibly missing out on a great home-comfort apparently, but also a good strong warm cuppa is warm and soothing and helps ease situations and resolving problems and all good things. But I've always hated the stuff and never got to like it. My mum reckons it's because she gave me bottles of tea as a baby. It's amusing the shock-horror on people's faces though when they ask ya if you'll have a cup and you refuse it 'cuz ya don't like it! :D It seems almost in-comprehensible that there is a mere notion/idea that somebody does not like tea! :D So I'm curious if any/many out there just don't like tea........ :)

GET OUT!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Baby Awesomeness

I hate tea and coffee, never even tried either of them. ycuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I don't like it either, I also don't like communism but I hang out with the right people so it doesn't effect me that badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

There's something wrong with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Blast him/her with.............HOT TEA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Had a lovely cup of warm tea and a few blaas first thing this morn, beautiful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Mother of God, what are you:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Juice is where it's at. I've never had coffee and have only ever had a few sups of tae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ughhhhh tea!

Coffee on the other hand is rather delightful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

weirdo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm drinking a cup right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

tumblr_lnf1xqOuPQ1qbmt3e.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

phasers wrote: »

Tis the weather for it alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Do you like tea bagging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

couldn't be arsed waiting for it to heat up, couldn't be arsed waiting for it to cool down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

You're not alone OP, I hate the stuff. I can force myself to drink it if there's a Mrs. Doyle type person around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Not a big tea-fan, drink it when out chatting/lunching with friends, or with/after meal dining out.
    Used to hate tea for years, I remember the particular shock of my Grandmother when I told her I don't drink it. 'Well WHAT do you drink then???' It was an unacceptable concept to her.

Started drinking it though because I felt left out when I was at home and everyone else was having a cuppa.
    Love the shtuff now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I feckin' love tea. Not that mad into coffee but I do love a mocha. It's essentially hot chocolate with caffine in it.
    I'm going to make myself a cup of green tea right now. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Me too.

Important question: Barrys or Lyons??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I can't function without Tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Baby Awesomeness

If I were to start drinking tea how should I drink it, with/without milk, sugar ? how much milk/sugar? tea bag or loose tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I don't like Tea or coffee. People get very weird about the tea though, people have gone so far as to say that I am not Irish because I don't like it. It's a drink, in fairness, people act as though I have offended them and they don't know what to do with me when I visit their house because I don't drink tea or coffee. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Like green tea,don't like the normal stuff.

Peppermint tea is nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Hate milk too! It's rotten. Only have it with porridge. I'm a Communist biatch...... :pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Your claim to Irishness is now invalid. Goodbye! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Larianne wrote: »
    Me too.

Lyons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Tea is amazing!

I'm not a brand snob but as long as it's not a "flavoured tea" like strawberry and kiwi flavour or nettle and dog balls tea, I will drink it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I grew up drinking Lyons tea and then switched to Barrys. I got free Lyons tea in a hamper last week, had 2 cups and threw the rest out. Absolute muck. I went out and bought some Barry's gold blend. Cant wait for the Barry's Christmas train set ad.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

How do you know you don't like them then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Im not sure what tea bags we have in work but Im fairly sure its mostly crematorium ash in the bags.

Larianne wrote: »
    Me too.

Lyons of course!

I have a box of teabags I bought in Aldi a while ago in a pinch, they are so nasty I'm never going to use them :o does anyone want a box of Aldi teabags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I don't think a cup of tea is nearly as restorative as a cup of coffee but I still like one now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Can't drink tea, it gives me a weird metalic taste in my mouth.

Chorcai wrote: »
    you're not by any chance making tea with a bag of pennies instead of a tea bag are you? My Brother was doing that for ages until I pointed it out to him

Did you vote Chorcai?! The Love its are winning! Can't let them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

In Ireland if you don't drink alcohol you'll get funny looks but if you don't drink tea then you might aswell go around with a bell around your neck like the leper you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've always hated tea. In this country, if you're a non tea drinker, you're an even bigger weirdo than a person who doesn't drink alcohol. Also, I hate it when someone offers you a cup of tea and you say you don't drink tea, then they ask you if you'd like a cup of milk instead. :confused: Why the fcuk would I want a cup of milk? Is that supposed to make me fit in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

you're not by any chance making tea with a bag of pennies instead of a tea bag are you? My Brother was doing that for ages until I pointed it out to him

Nope, I used tea bags alright !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Could always take or leave it - would have tea or coffee, or water or juice, or whatever.
    Got pregnant there 11 months ago?
    The stuff was instantly vile to me - couldn't stand the smell of it, let alone the taste of it.
    Even doing that thing where you get a kit-kat or similar - bite off either end, and suck up the tea, so you have a yummy orgasamy mush - couldn't even stand that.
    Had the baby 2 months ago - and now tea is pretty much the only thing I drink all day every day.

Or out-of-place with your glass of water and everyone else with their nice tea.

I had thought actually that things you developed a dislike to while pregnant which you had previously liked, that you remain forever hating them for your whole life even after the pregnancy is over, maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Chorcai wrote: »

Take the teaspoon out of the cup FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I don't like it either, I also don't like communism but I hang out with the right people so it doesn't effect me that badly.

Dafuq? Who doesn't love a bit of communism? You are clearly mentally unwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭twinytwo

how can you hate something you havent tried??:confused:

that said i have tried both once and cant drink either... or alcohol for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

No coffee or Atari Jaguar options.

Shite poll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't hate it, but I don't like and have probably had three cups in the last five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

twinytwo wrote: »
    how can you hate something you havent tried??:confused:

that said i have tried both once and cant drink either... or alcohol for that matter

Have you ever tried a kick in the face, I bet you'd hate it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Love tea. LOVE it I tells ya. Drink a small bath full every day. I'm a tea snob too and proud of it. Assam, Earl Grey, Oolong, white tea, jasmine, love them all. Green tea also. None of your builders tea for me :p
    Loose leaves preferably and I have it with no milk or sugar.

Nothing like having a nice pot of tea in vintage china cups with friends. I love the ritual of brewing tea. It makes me slow down and is an oasis of calm and relaxation in the middle of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

@confuseddotcom: Their are so many types of tea available now-adays, have you tried experimenting and trying varying flavours?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Has anybody ever successfully given up tea or coffee? I am addicted to tea especially and drink about 15 - 20 cups a day. I am anaemic and have been advised by my doctor to cut down on the tea, as it is adversely affecting the absorption of iron! I smoke now and again and have no problem giving them up but just can't give up the tea! I love the Aldi tea, it's made by Barrys seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

How do you know you hate them if you've never tried them? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement