Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Tea!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Not a big tea-fan, drink it when out chatting/lunching with friends, or with/after meal dining out.
    Greentopia wrote: »
    What do you mean by a tea hipster?

What do you think I mean by z tea hipstre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Drink it an odd time with a biccie.
    I Hate Tea!

You just want to be "cool" and "aloof" don't you? You love it really. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I just drink herbal teas, lemon & ginger being my favorite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Love it! Would live on the stuff all day.
    I hate tea, so I mostly drink decaff coffee. I can't even make a decent cup of tea, my own mother won't even accept a cup from me. My husband on the other hand, takes tea very seriously. We have a cupboard full of different teas. All the herbal stuff just smells the same to me. I don't care how good it is for you, I just can't force it down. If my husband is having tea I just leave the teabag in hot water and he does the rest himself:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hate tea too as well as coffee and yes I did taste them before. Tea smells disgusting and tastes disgusting, not suitable for human consumption. Coffee on the other hand does not have that vile smell or taste, it just comes across as too weak for me(even the strong coffees) hence not drinking it. However I love my cappachino's, mocha's and latte's, odd i know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

OP, Teaphobia is a treatable condition these days but only use a professional consultant. Don't go DIY like those who, after DIYing themselves onto cawfee, automatically acquire that Kyahvan / Kansas accent and Friends speak.
    Besides, cawfee is useless for dunking your bikkie into. Black tea, slurped from a saucer, little finger receiving Long Wave, and a HobNob....nyom nyom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I tried drinking it before... you know the scene in big bang theory where sheldon tries to drink alcohol?

Jeepers that's yukky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah go on will ya have a big mug of tha shtuff.....?!? Sthrong n' black wit a huge big chunk of Christmas Cake?!? Ah ya will. :) For the Season that's in it.

Havn't seen that TBBT clip, I must take a look at it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I Hate Tea!

There's sumtin fúckin wrong with you.

For you information I r fabulous. :pac: No five-year-plan needed either in case someone suggests it! :p:pac::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

:confused: I once asked by a girl could she come back for tea . I said I don't like tea, she said neither do it.... I thought this one is a bit thick so I sent her on her way .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

:confused: I once asked by a girl could she come back for tea . I said I don't like tea, she said neither do it.... I thought this one is a bit thick so I sent her on her way .
    I always offer people tea even though I don't like it myself, it's called being polite.

Being nice to someone doesn't automatically mean you want to make mad passionate love to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

HATE tea, manky stuff.

I did used to love it up until about 2 years ago, used to drink Yorkshire tea, loved it! Was like really strong Barrys tea, but then I noticed something when the Summer months were over, the milk, the milk tasted rank and made me nearly vomit everytime.

So went back to Barrys and Lyons tea, the same thing. I came to the conclusion that, I think, cows are feed something different in the autumn/winter/spring months that changes the taste of milk.

Love coffee, always have and milk doesnt change in it either for some reason, guess thats cause coffee is much stronger and kinda just kills the milk taste.

Guess I just dont have the taste buds for tea anymore.

Anyway, tea is disgusting, I have no idea how people drink up to 10 15 even 20 cups a day. Their Insides must be in tatters, painted in tar.

Ah, coffee and a fag on the way!

Happy Christmas everyone!

The smell off it is rank.

Woohoo the Haters are catchin' up on the Tea-lovers. :D

I would always offer a person tea but secretly I would hope they'd refuse it as I assume I'm crap at making tea when I don't drink it myself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Greentopia wrote: »
    Yikes! do you drink strong tea or weak? I drink about 8/10 cups a day but I like my tea weak so I don't have any adverse effects from it. And I drink a variety as I mentioned-green, white, black and herbal so I don't ingest too much caffeine or tannins.
    Have you tried Rooibos tea? it contains iron. Try and up your intake of vitamin C also, drinking lots of tea can block your body's absorption of it from food that is vitamin C rich if you drink a cup within a few hours of eating your orange or your broccoli or whatever.

I gave up drinking leaded tea many years ago. I mainly drink rooibos nowadays. It's great. I drink mint tea sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Uncle Frank

I don't trust people who don't like tea. What's not to like

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When I were a lad growing up in Yorkshire they used to bring't tea into't field during harvest. So there I'd be, 6 year old on an hot summer day with now't else t'drink but tea. I've detested t'stuff ever since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yay, I'm not alone! I've never liked tea. I taste it every now and again (different kinds and all) and I just don't get the appeal. Part of it is the taste, but I also just don't like hot drinks. Even hot chocolate, which technically tastes good, I'd rarely drink. I think drinks need to be cold to quench my thirst. I don't get the whole 'comfort' thing that people talk about that goes along with it.

If someone asks me to go for a tea break, I'd still go just for a the break or a drink of water etc. What I don't like though is certain work places that expect everyone to donate to the tea fund. I'd never ever make an issue of it... but the assumption that everyone drinks it annoys me and a small part of me resents the fact that I should have to help financially support other peoples preferences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Where To wrote: »

Being nice to someone doesn't automatically mean you want to make mad passionate love to them.

You think? God that sounds nice tho. Been a long time since I made mad passionate love to someone .

Would you have tea after . Cause I don't smoke;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

You think? God that sounds nice tho. Been a long time since I made mad passionate love to someone .

Would you have tea after . Cause I don't smoke;)
    Mrs Robinson, you're trying to seduce me.:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tea is horrible, you get asked a million times a year to have one too!

Coffee can be quite nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm not a fan of tea and I only like my coffee cold. Not a fan of hot drinks in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I love tea especially Barrys and when I go abroad the only foodstuff I take with me is tea bags stuffed into my case. I cant live without tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Love tea myself, despise coffee, the smell makes me want to gag alone. It's funny how people associate tea with Irishness when it was the English wot brought it over and it's very associated with England. So then does that make the non-tea drinkers more Irish than everyone else?:p
    It is a bit confusing though when you offer tea and coffee and they are both refused. Coffee I can understand but TEA, TEA! I mean I just feel bad giving someone water,juice or milk. It just doesn't feel right!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Love tea myself, despise coffee, the smell makes me want to gag alone. It's funny how people associate tea with Irishness when it was the English wot brought it over and it's very associated with England. So then does that make the non-tea drinkers more Irish than everyone else?:p
    It is a bit confusing though when you offer tea and coffee and they are both refused. Coffee I can understand but TEA, TEA! I mean I just feel bad giving someone water,juice or milk. It just doesn't feel right!!:pac:

It's funny how people associate tea with the English when it came from China and India. See how that works?

The Irish drink a lot of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I've only ever had 2 sups of tae in my life. Not a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

It's funny how people associate tea with the English when it came from China and India. See how that works?

The Irish drink a lot of tea.

I well aware of where it comes from, I was just pointing out that tea is associated with the English globally (the consumption of it) then with us yet Irish people feel it's a very Irish thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

If your Irish and dont drink tea. Shame on you..Barrys tea is a thing of beauty

Apologies if posted in the wrong place, please move elsewhere if more appropriate, is there any kind-of miscellaneous-y Forum......

As per title, I Hate Tea! Can't stand the stuff, and the smell of it is rotten too! I'm quite crap at making an acceptable cuppa tae too because I don't even drink it myself let alone make it! I'm possibly missing out on a great home-comfort apparently, but also a good strong warm cuppa is warm and soothing and helps ease situations and resolving problems and all good things. But I've always hated the stuff and never got to like it. My mum reckons it's because she gave me bottles of tea as a baby. It's amusing the shock-horror on people's faces though when they ask ya if you'll have a cup and you refuse it 'cuz ya don't like it! :D It seems almost in-comprehensible that there is a mere notion/idea that somebody does not like tea! :D So I'm curious if any/many out there just don't like tea........ :)

Your a disgrace..........

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement