Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cervantes Courses

Options
  • 21-11-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am interesting in doing a course with Cervantes in Dublin.

I am just wondering if anyone has done it?

What is it like?

I have done a few class (private) spanish lessons so i know some basics.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I;d be interested in getting some feedback also as I too am looking at doing one of their courses.

Does anyone know the difference between Breakthrough 1 & Breakthrough 2?

tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

I think the cervantes courses are the best out there. it is the only school with so many different levels and a really structured syllabus. Basically, one book covers one level (e.g. intermediate,upper intermediate etc) and each term, you do just 2 chapters of the book. Photocopy the chapters if money is tight. Also get 5% discount if book early and 10% discount after your first term on all your other terms.

The library is fantastic (you don't have to be a student, if not a student you can pay about 30 euro).

I am currently between B1 and B2 (intermediate and upper intermediate)and will continue here for as long as I can. Definately, the school to go to. In other schools, which are smaller, some students will be lower than you, and others higher and it just isn't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

I;d be interested in getting some feedback also as I too am looking at doing one of their courses.

Does anyone know the difference between Breakthrough 1 & Breakthrough 2?

tnx

I didn't do these at the institute, but I guess that breakthrough 1 is that you know nothing in spanish. After my first 10 week course (in another school), I could speak in the present tense and say where I am from, descibe my family, my age, say the numbers to 100, pronounce the letters etc. I suppose that if you can already do this, then Breaksthrough 2 is your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

Since posting here I emailed them.

They said that the classes are all in spanish and between 5-15 in a class.

I dont think its my thing the whole all in spanish thing.

I went to a course before and it was all in spanish and i hadn't got a clue what she was asking me, i hope she didnt expect me to answer her in spanish haha

Advertisement