Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Card Speed

• 21-11-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am using a 32gb card in my camcorder and after about 2 minutes it says ''Recording Stopped'' ''INCOMPATIBLE CARD, CHECK CARD SPEED'' does anyone know how to resolve this, or how to check the card speed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Your card isn't fast enough to keep up with the data the camera is trying to write to it. You should use a CL10 speed card, you're most likely using a card with a speed rating of something near 4, 4 is okay for pictures, but simply not quick enough for video. The reason you're able to record for a short time before this stops, is because the camera has a small amount of memory built in, which the information is written to first, and then passed on to the SD card. This is why certain cameras can have a 14 picture per second burst mode and then it will slow down to about 3fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Thanks, do you know how to check the card speed, and what SD card would you recommend (sorry im just starting out with professional photography)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Class 2 is slow, class 6 is fast and class 10 is very fast. The usual way of showing speed. It usually says what class the card is on it somewhere.
    I use SanDisk Extremes and Ultras and haven't had any issues with them at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

dman15333 wrote: »
    im just starting out with professional photography)

Professional? And you don't understand card speed? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Professional? And you don't understand card speed? :rolleyes:

When I mean professional, I mean starting as professional, we all have to start somewhere. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

dman15333 wrote: »
    When I mean professional, I mean starting as professional, we all have to start somewhere. :)

Yeah - you start as a hobbyist or enthusiast, you can't jump straight into being a professional photographer.

Advertisement