Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Ext. Tamper

Options
  • 21-11-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've read through the various posts on HKC alarms and open tampers but I can't see any that address my particular situation.

Basically the alarm went off one day with me in the house and it took a few secs for me to realise as I had my headphones in, boppin away :rolleyes:, when I went over and put in the code the internal alarm stopped but the outside bell kept ringing. There was nothing I could do to stop it and it basically kept ringing for another 20 mins until it just shut itself off.

Now I can't set the alarm anymore and the panel reads "Ext. Bell Tamper". Does this mean there's something wrong with the actual bell outside?

Any help very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I've read through the various posts on HKC alarms and open tampers but I can't see any that address my particular situation.

Basically the alarm went off one day with me in the house and it took a few secs for me to realise as I had my headphones in, boppin away :rolleyes:, when I went over and put in the code the internal alarm stopped but the outside bell kept ringing. There was nothing I could do to stop it and it basically kept ringing for another 20 mins until it just shut itself off.

Now I can't set the alarm anymore and the panel reads "Ext. Bell Tamper". Does this mean there's something wrong with the actual bell outside?

Any help very much appreciated!

Could be a problem with the lid on the external bell, a cable issue or the bell itself has moved causing the back tamper to not close correctly giving this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Get your ladder out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

And my raincoat and torch by the sounds of it!

Ok thanks, so it is probably something with the actual bell then, I thought it might be the sensor inside.

Cheers I'll check that so.

Ok thanks, so it is probably something with the actual bell then, I thought it might be the sensor inside.

If the internal bell tamper has being put in series with the external bell then it could be. My guess would be the outside bell has the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mariano1

I have exactly the same problem. Did you get it fixed and how?

• Advertisement

Mariano1 wrote: »

I have exactly the same problem. Did you get it fixed and how?

Could be a problem with the lid on the external bell, a cable issue or the bell itself has moved causing the back tamper to not close correctly giving this problem. Only checking this will help determine the problem.

Advertisement