Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

androidtablet.ie

• 21-11-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi I am considering buying a tablet from this crowd.

Has anyone ever dealt with them and what are your reviews if so.

thanks

m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That link isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They're just selling cheap chinese tablets...I personally wouldn't bother.

Actually...the price is nothing short of nuts! You can by the Google Nexus 7 for under 200 these days. The one endorsed by google themselves, which gets great reviews.

In other words wouldn't touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Very overpriced stuff for what you getting.
    What size of a tablet you are looking for?

Looking for a 7'' tab for my daughter who's 9. Not interested in Kurios and meep types. Something under 150 euro.

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

The tablets from this company

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php

come highly recommended on boards.ie.

I'm on my mobile atm but I'm pretty sure that there is ongoing thread about 7 inch tablets in bargain alerts /Android forums.

Nexus 7 is a serious piece of technology and would be my preferred choice however is slightly out of your price range at the moment.

Will post more links tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your help , really appreciated

I had a look at UK based sellers only from the warranty point of view.

It seems that the Futeko offer the best specced tablets from what I can see.

Obviously you could get more advanced models from China however postal cost/customs/warranty issues will have to be taken into consideration.

As I stated there is ongoing 7 inch tablet thread in the Bargain Alerts forum so have a look and let us know which tablet would suit you best .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056672121

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the tablets/specs/warranty/shipping/customs if applicable etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Jarren wrote: »
    The tablets from this company

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php

come highly recommended on boards.ie.

I have recently bought a 7" from those guys, sub €125 delivered.
    Pre ordered on tues, was in my hands friday. good customer service too. definatly a company i would use again, though the range is a little small.

if you want it cheaper id recommend going straight to the source, they have 7" tabs for less then $90 and they are all decent specs. great value for money. http://www.ainol-novo.com/buy-products.html

any of those would be suitable for a 9 year old and wouldn't break the bank if was dropped or sat on.
    just beware that it is a cheap tablet, and while i think it is good value for money it still is a cheap option. my screen does have a few light leaks and the build quality doesnt overly impress me. but for €100 im not complaining.

Thanks so much for your replies, I appreciate your time to answer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Janiq

Unfortunately I have not had a good experience with this company :-( when I enquired about purchasing a tablet he sold his company to me as being New, Irish, and that I would recieve great customer service as a result I'f buying from him opposed to buying elsewhere. Unfortunately the sound on the tablet is so poor you struggle to hear it in a quiet room. His response is to ware ear phones that were supplied funny enough as I feel im not the first to highlight this problem. Customer service is so poor I will be AVOIDING this "IRISH company" at all cost. Mcbub in China is a good place to buy from, and customer service is excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Janiq

Unfortunately I have not had a good experience with this company :-( when I enquired about purchasing a tablet he sold his company to me as being New, Irish, and that I would recieve great customer service as a result I'f buying from him opposed to buying elsewhere. Unfortunately the sound on the tablet is so poor you struggle to hear it in a quiet room. His response is to ware ear phones that were supplied funny enough as I feel im not the first to highlight this problem. Customer service is so poor I will be AVOIDING this "IRISH company" at all cost. Mcbub in China is a good place to buy from, and customer service is excellent!!

Advertisement