Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum layout on touch site

Options
  • 21-11-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭

Why is the forum layout on the touch site just an alphabetic list rather than grouped by category like the main site?
    It's really annoying having to scroll and scroll and scroll to find forums starting with T etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

There's a new forum index that pops up on the right hand side of the screen that allows you to jump straight to a particular letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Why is the forum layout on the touch site just an alphabetic list rather than grouped by category like the main site?
    It's really annoying having to scroll and scroll and scroll to find forums starting with T etc.

It's not ideal I admit. We have a major touch revamp in the works which should improve that somewhat. In the mean time modern mobile browsers have the forum index and another often over looked trick is to type the forum name into the search box which will give you links to the forum at the top of the results page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If you follow forums they appear above the alphabetical list.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dean09 wrote: »
    There's a new forum index that pops up on the right hand side of the screen that allows you to jump straight to a particular letter.
    not that I can see on my phone...
    It's not ideal I admit. We have a major touch revamp in the works which should improve that somewhat. In the mean time modern mobile browsers have the forum index and another often over looked trick is to type the forum name into the search box which will give you links to the forum at the top of the results page.
    :)
    Orion wrote: »
    If you follow forums they appear above the alphabetical list.
    I realise this but there a number of forums I check from time to time but don't follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

not that I can see on my phone...

What type of phone are you using?
    It should be a small blue box on the right hand side that says "A-Z".
    You just press that button and you can select what letter you want to search by.

• Advertisement
Advertisement