Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rental query

• 21-11-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I'm living in a place the last couple months paying 500 a month, i haven't claimed rent relief yet because im not sure if it would land my landlord in trouble. Is there a certain amount he can get per year without having to register as a landlord?. just a bit unsure

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

When you say rent relief do you mean rent allowance or tax relief? The latter is not available to you if you started renting after some time in 2010 (cant remember the exact date).

Why do you give a toss about your landlord and his tax situation? Claim what you are entitled to claim; let him worry about his own finances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks for the reply..... i meant tax relief on renting.... i have been renting for the last four years although only in the new place recently... where does that leave me?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You should be fine then. I think its only if you started renting after 2010.

Advertisement