Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellies for extra wide calves

Options
  • 21-11-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Lovely people of F&A,

I work in a job where I am standing/walking/running/lifting/hauling/moving all day (the joys of retail :rolleyes: ) and this has given me fairly muscley calves and I have a lot of trouble finding boots to fit me. I have my heart set on this pair of Hunter Wellies and I think the 7 *might* just fit me, if they dont, does anyone know any other place that does wide leg wellies?? Preferably pretty one's. I'm a biology/ag science teacher so they'll get fair use. I dont wanna pay more than €120!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've seen these reccommended by tons of bloggers and they have really cute ones! They have wide and extra wide foot sizes too in case you need them.

My stupid calves are wide too so I'd awful trouble finding wellies last year, ended up getting a normal pair and cutting them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

The best value wellies in your local creamery, no need to waist crazy money on ones off the internet, same job theyll do and should coat you a quarter of the price

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The best value wellies in your local creamery, no need to waist crazy money on ones off the internet, same job theyll do and should coat you a quarter of the price
    The OP was asking specifically about wide calf wellies, standard ones don't do the job.

Did you actually read her post or just wanted to give out about fancy wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭nhg

I have same problem, hunter ones just that tiny bit too tight especially below the adjustable section, so end up very uncomfortable around the ankle. I got a pair of Dunlop, there very soft on the calf & are very comfy (I popped a pair of gel insoles into them) €55 but got them for €50 in a sale.

I got lovely thermal socks in penny's which are brilliant in the wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

phasers wrote: »
    The OP was asking specifically about wide calf wellies, standard ones don't do the job.

Did you actually read her post or just wanted to give out about fancy wellies?

no need to be so rude, I was trying to help by sugesting some where that might have what the op needs at a cheaper price. Im not full sure that every creamery will have extra wide boots but its worth a try to save him a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have wide calf and these are perfect, comfy and cute.

http://www.jileon.com/extra_wide_fit_wellies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

i have a wide calf and i really like the short hunter wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

i have a wide calf and i really like the short hunter wellies!

Nope :( tired them :(

Advertisement