If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapsies?

Options
  • 21-11-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hey Gang,

I'm thinking of getting a soundbar, specifically the Yamaha 2200. I know the 3300 is out shortly too so if you have any info on the it would be great. Appreciate if you can answer these questions 3. I

1) I assume it can replace my current marantz nr1501
    2) what the best boardie price you can do on the Yam
    3) would you take a trade in on the nr1501 and my boston xs, all with boxes and RS receipts :D

Cheers
    hick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hick.

The YSP2200 is a great piece of kit and while it works very well as a 5.1 system, the surround system would produce more of a surround effect than a sound bar. This is because the bar is relying on having a wall to bounce the sound from and this sound travelling through the air and then reflecting off the wall, does not produce the same sound as a speaker which is hard wired to a cable. In saying that, the Yamaha is the best on the market at what it does and for a wire free solution (sort of) this does an exceptionally good job and sounds really impressive.

The Yamaha 3300 moves to a wireless subwoofer option. I'm not a lover of these as there are lots of other wireless kit in peoples houses these days and unless an absolute necessity, I would prefer to have a wired sub. Unless the 3300 was a good step up in performance on the 2200, my money would be on the 2200.

Unfortunately we don't do trade-ins at the moment and the best price that we can do on the 2200 would be £699.95 with free shipping. We are happy to beat any other price in the UK or Ireland as long as it includes delivery and from a Yamaha stockist.

Hope this helps but keep us posted if we can help with anything else.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

thanks for the reply Dave

First off on the trade in, thought as much, will have a look at adverts.ie and see what I can do there.
    The reason I'm looking at it is to to tidy up the wires plus whether it's the way its set up or otherwise the Bostons aren't really giving me the 5.1 experience I expected. All that and i'm a gadget fiend and the sound bar is just ringing me bell.

Back to the debate on the 2200 vs the 3300, one of the reasons I decided to look at the latter is exactly because of the woofer, given the major gripes in most of the review on the 2200 are around the bass. The fact that it's bluetooth connected should cause any issue, both would be paired and shouldn't be impacted by other wireless devices such as routers etc..

Do you know when the 3300 is out and what the pricing will be like? Do you demo these in store?

Cheers
    hick

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hick wrote: »
    thanks for the reply Dave

First off on the trade in, thought as much, will have a look at adverts.ie and see what I can do there.
    The reason I'm looking at it is to to tidy up the wires plus whether it's the way its set up or otherwise the Bostons aren't really giving me the 5.1 experience I expected. All that and i'm a gadget fiend and the sound bar is just ringing me bell.

Back to the debate on the 2200 vs the 3300, one of the reasons I decided to look at the latter is exactly because of the woofer, given the major gripes in most of the review on the 2200 are around the bass. The fact that it's bluetooth connected should cause any issue, both would be paired and shouldn't be impacted by other wireless devices such as routers etc..

Do you know when the 3300 is out and what the pricing will be like? Do you demo these in store?

Cheers
    hick

I don't have an exact arrival date for the 3300 but it's already set up on our stock system so it cannot be long before it arrives and is on demo in-store - I'll give you a shout as soon as it arrives,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.