Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Battles in Gaming *spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll probably have to play through it again at some point now that I'm an "adult" and can probably comprehend some of the more theological theme's that are going on :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'll probably have to play through it again at some point now that I'm an "adult" and can probably comprehend some of the more theological theme's that are going on :P

To be honest it's a fairly crappy story.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    To be honest it's a fairly crappy story.

They were all a bit mad and mental if you analyse them in-depth, even FF7/8 which were my faves. Wouldn't mind giving em a go on PC though, not really into digging out the PS1.
    Will have to look up some emulators- though I could never get them working

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The FF games are lots of fun but the stories range from poor to bat **** insanity :) I'd steer clear of PS1 emulation. It's a pain in the ass and the results are far from accurate, although I would be very pedantic about emulation.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The FF games are lots of fun but the stories range from poor to bat **** insanity :) I'd steer clear of PS1 emulation. It's a pain in the ass and the results are far from accurate, although I would be very pedantic about emulation.

I gave my mate my PS1 and CRT , they don't play too well on modern tellys, and I've no idea where my PS2 is.
    Are FF8/9 available via PSN for PS3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I gave my mate my PS1 and CRT , they don't play too well on modern tellys, and I've no idea where my PS2 is.
    Are FF8/9 available via PSN for PS3 ?
    Yes.

Be aware that they'll have PAL slowdown though, so in FFIX you can't get Steiner's ultimate weapon because of timing issues (and the game will run slower generally).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

MoH: Allied Assault.

D-Day. That level. Epic.

Definitely get the FF games, and really all PS1 games from the US store. They play an awful lot better.

Advertisement