Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im Having a problem [with an insurance company]

Options
  • 22-11-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

trying to get satisfaction form AN Insurance company Can i report this matter to any Ombusdman

Can anyone help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll need to provide more information for an exact answer but generally first you have to exhausted the company's own complaints procedure and obtain a final response and if you are not satisfied with that then you can go to the Ombudsman.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You can report it certainly. Whether or not you get any satisfaction or not depends on the nature of the complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

about 18 months ago i was hit by an uninsured driver,

as it turns out the car was insured but the person who was driving it was not insured to drive it,

So through the MIBI i got back most of my claim From the Insurance company as they insured the car but not the Driver

But as i had to use my Comprehensive insurance to get the Car on the road, this effected my No Claims Bonus, ie so this then was down on my no claims bonus as a Claim, Which messed me around when i went to change insurance companies , which meant i had to stay with them

It turns out now i have recieved a email from Mibi saying the following : that i should get in Touch with ???? and ask them to re issue me with a corrected No Claims Bonus as this claim should not appear on your NO Claims Bonus as per the MIBI Agreement.

Which i did I got in touch with The Insurance company , who to be honest i feel are given me the run around,

I was in touch with in Motor Claims and i asked them to re issue me with a corrected No Claims Bonus as this claim should not appear on my NO Claims Bonus as per the MIBI Agreement,

She then said she had to speak to the Underwriting Team who came on and was quite aggressive.

She said that all she could do was to change it on the No Claims Bonus to an MIBI Claim instead, and that she could not issue this to me as the Policy was inforce.and i would have to wait for my renewal next year.

It was then that i stated that this was totally wrong and that i wanted it now , after a bit she decided then she could send it out but it would say it was an MIBI claim.

I then said that i wanted it taken off all together and she said that she could not do this as i had made a claim, and was only short of hanging up the phone until i told her that i am entitled to ask questions as i am a customer here.

I have got no were with this at all , and as i said i feel im getting the run a round here and that i have only one option but to go to the Ombusman.
    This is my No Claims bonus

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The car being driven was either covered, or it wasn't.

The fact that MIBI paid your claim suggest it wasn't. What they may have recovered from the other insurer isn't of any relevance.

Your NCB looks fine - it shows the 5 years and a MIBI 3rd party claim, which doesn't affect you, or your NCB.

I had a MIBI claim settled, paid, and NCB reinstated in 3 months. You need to be patient, and document everything. Ringing people is a waste of time.

The person driving the car was not insured to drive it

As far as my NCB, when i went to change my insurer a few months ago,

the new insurer said they could not give me no claims bonus step back protection,because i made a Claim,

• Advertisement

faolteam wrote: »
    The person driving the car was not insured to drive it

As far as my NCB, when i went to change my insurer a few months ago,

the new insurer said they could not give me no claims bonus step back protection,because i made a Claim,

On an open claim that's exactly what they should do.

It's in your interest to get an open claim settled before renewal.

On an open claim that's exactly what they should do.

It's in your interest to get an open claim settled before renewal.

The MIBI rang this insurance company today and said the following, and the insurance company said -

They issued me with a No Claim Bonus letter yesterday to show it was an MIBI claim.
    But They are now re sending another one today to confirm the claim is closed as an MIBI claim.

can anyone tell me now were i stand thanks, and will i have any problems with step back on my no claims bonus ???

faolteam wrote: »
    The MIBI rang this insurance company today and said the following, and the insurance company said -

They issued me with a No Claim Bonus letter yesterday to show it was an MIBI claim.
    But They are now re sending another one today to confirm the claim is closed as an MIBI claim.

can anyone tell me now were i stand thanks, and will i have any problems with step back on my no claims bonus ???

You've a reimbursed claim on your policy, therefore you're absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

If you are unfortunate enough to have a crash with an uninsured driver, you MUST claim from your Comprehensive policy.

However, ALL insurers in Ireland have agreed with MIBI that any such claim against a comprehensive policy will NOT affect NCB, PROVIDED that the uninsured driver is at fault.

If the INSURED driver is at fault, then NCB is affected.

If your accident was as described in paragraph 2 AND you renewed your policy at the higher premium, OR were unable to shop around due to the NIL NCB, then you should certainly file a complaint with your insurer. The name of the person to whom you write to, is in your policy booklet.

Advertisement