Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bilious vomiting syndrome ?

• 22-11-2012 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have a two year old Yorkshire Terrier that has been getting sick after we put him to bed at night.

When he gets sick it's just frothy yellow bile, no food in the vomit.

I've talked to some other dog owners and they've mentioned bilious vomiting syndrome, anyone have any experience with it ?
    I was told to try giving him food before bed.
    Any other advice ?

And before its mentioned, if this continues he'll be going to the vet :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I've never heard it given that name!
    Assuming your vet finds nothing wrong with your dog, and it turns out he's vomiting because his stomach is empty, it's easily solved, and you've already been given the advice you need to know. Feed the dog a small meal before bedtime. Be careful to include this meal in his daily allowance.
    What time is his last meal usually at, ie how many hours pass between eating and vomiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

His meal times are usually staggered, the latest he'd eat is about seven.
    Going to try give him something small before I go to bed tonight and see if he's okay in the morning

Advertisement