Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Conundrum!

Options
  • 22-11-2012 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all,

So basically Im wondering if an initial masters degree or a years worth of work experience/volunteering/internships etc would give me more of a chance to get into the masters I really want. Thats not to say I wouldnt want to study the initial one, but its an intro. masters in a way, and so it would be a means to an end.
    I dont want to spend money on a masters if I could spend the same money doing real life experience that would be more beneficial for me to get the masters I really want.
    If anyone could offer any advice that would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

You're asking whether you should do a masters so that you can do a masters?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Hey all,

So basically Im wondering if an initial masters degree or a years worth of work experience/volunteering/internships etc would give me more of a chance to get into the masters I really want. Thats not to say I wouldnt want to study the initial one, but its an intro. masters in a way, and so it would be a means to an end.
    I dont want to spend money on a masters if I could spend the same money doing real life experience that would be more beneficial for me to get the masters I really want.

What subject area are you in? And why do you think you won't get into the master's you really want if you were to apply now?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Hey all,

You need to call and ask the course co-ordinator of the masters programme you want to do.

Give them your backround and they will advise you (if necessary) of where your skills/knowledge gap lies and will advise you of a course(s) that will help you gain entry.

Advertisement