Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Defenders

• 22-11-2012 4:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Anyone else play this game? It's a mix between a tower defense game, 1st person/3rd person/overhead shooter, strategy game, RPG and a ton of Diablo-style loot whoring.

I just hit 400 hours of gameplay with it. Not bad for a €6 game! (Though I have bought almost all of the DLC's so more like €40+ at this stage).

Anyway, it's on sale on Steam now, so I thought it was worth recommending as it is one of my top 5 most addictive games.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

Oh, and the complete DLC pack on on sale as well (50% off) and I would very highly recommend it. Many new classes, a higher level cap, different pets etc).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

i used to play alot of it, but since mid june its been crashing like hell for me, keeps overheating my graphics card. In terms in large planetside 2 fights, in high detail, my vid card sits at about 82 degrees... dungeon defenders pushes it past 96 degrees on the main menu, some thing not right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

i used to play alot of it, but since mid june its been crashing like hell for me, keeps overheating my graphics card. In terms in large planetside 2 fights, in high detail, my vid card sits at about 82 degrees... dungeon defenders pushes it past 96 degrees on the main menu, some thing not right there.

That doesnt sound right. Are you overclocking? Are your case and cpu fans working? Check its not clogged with dust too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That doesnt sound right. Are you overclocking? Are your case and cpu fans working? Check its not clogged with dust too

It can just be the game. I remember when Eve online changed its engine one of the laucher/login background 'vids' (essentially just a small space scenery but using the game engine) ramped everyones GFX card up to max. Loads of people on the forums complaining about having their cards burn out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

It can just be the game. I remember when Eve online changed its engine one of the laucher/login background 'vids' (essentially just a small space scenery but using the game engine) ramped everyones GFX card up to max. Loads of people on the forums complaining about having their cards burn out :D

Even so, the cards are designed to stay below certain temperatures even at max load. If they're not then there could be an issue with the fans or a bad overclock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

did all that, has the trendy team perplexed aswell, tried new and old drivers, nothing helped.

At the end of it all, its an unusual known issue. Haven't checked it in a couple of months though.

[edit] The only game that's ever occurred on was dungeon defenders :(
    I dont over clock, under clocking the card doesn't even help I could play for at most 30 min before crashing. Quite annoying as its a great game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement