Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox harddrives

Options
  • 22-11-2012 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hey all.

my storage is in the worst state... got under a gig to play with. i've trimmed it as much as i can before that's suggested. the only option is to get a new one.

basically just wondering what the options are. second hard drive or external or a flurry of memory cards (old skool). not sure if an external hard drive is possible but if anyone knows a way im all ears.

but does anyone know of any good places for a reasonably priced - standard - mounted hard drive. been keeping my eye out in game stop but they're usually near enough to the hundred euro mark, may aswell just buy new at that price.

any and all inputs appreciated,
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

i assume you have 250gig drive.

what you could do is put your profile, themes, avatar items n that on a USB memory unit and for games and other stuff use as many hard drives as needed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

How big is your HDD now? If it's 250GB there is no way you could have it full, surely? The only way to fill it like that would be to install every game you own and in those circumstances, just install\uninstall as and when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

nah, my xbox is fairly old, 1st generation stuff. i think it's like 20 to 40 gigs. the biggest things are gtaIV and bf3 (gotta to install those sweet hd graphics) also bf updates so much.... cause of this i cant buy their premium. no space and their gonna keep updating it. realistically i just need a cheap 250gb hdd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

CEX on Liffey Street in Dublin would have second hand 250gb ones for about fifty quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

the Xbox has USB ports that will accept up to 32GB of memory each. Get yourself some USB sticks.

• Advertisement

the old Xbox's are temperamental when it comes to foreign devices. i cant even watch movies off my external hdd.

@jill: i'll check that tomo, sounds exactly like what im after.

went into CEx. 50 quid second hand alright but they're all out which was a shame.

@PhlegmyMoses £45 with free p&p? not too shabby actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

up'Chuck wrote: »
    went into CEx. 50 quid second hand alright but they're all out which was a shame.

@PhlegmyMoses £45 with free p&p? not too shabby actually.
    You can be guaranteed that's a knock off, so most likely you wont be able to play Original Xbox games with that, just so you know

Meesared wrote: »
    You can be guaranteed that's a knock off, so most likely you wont be able to play Original Xbox games with that, just so you know

How can you be guaranteed it's a knock-off? Nothing in the ad suggests that it isn't legit. Just PM the seller and ask if it is a legitimate official MS HDD. If he says that it is and it turns out that it's not, you can get your money back from him. eBay protect their buyers against that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

How can you be guaranteed it's a knock-off? Nothing in the ad suggests that it isn't legit. Just PM the seller and ask if it is a legitimate official MS HDD. If he says that it is and it turns out that it's not, you can get your money back from him. eBay protect their buyers against that kind of thing.
    The price, that's it - you can be sure it is at that price.

No need to get defensive man, wasn't slighting you, just warning the OP

Meesared wrote: »
    The price, that's it - you can be sure it is at that price.

No need to get defensive man, wasn't slighting you, just warning the OP
    I'm not being defensive, tbf, just wondering why you thought that. It's absolutely worth PMing the seller to find out. He has 800 items sold on eBay with 99% positive feedback. he'll be honest with you and even if he isn't eBay have buyer protection that sorts that **** for you anyway.

I'm not being defensive, tbf, just wondering why you thought that. It's absolutely worth PMing the seller to find out. He has 800 items sold on eBay with 99% positive feedback. he'll be honest with you and even if he isn't eBay have buyer protection that sorts that **** for you anyway.
    Not denying that! But the OP should know all the facts before diving in :)

Advertisement