Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas Battle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

What??! :eek:

Um... Ooops, never mind!!!!! :P

Christmas lights went on in town here yesterday and they splashed out. Last few years we just had gacky icicle lights and the town didn't look festive at all. It's sooo much better now. There is a nutcracker and a ballarina as you come into the town, a fiddle on one of the pubs, candycanes and bows all over the buildings, santas sleigh all lit up in the square, lots of pretty lights strung through the town and then you get to the gaol, 8 Christmas trees all lit up, a lit up garland round the door and horn playing angels lit up and massive on the walls. So pretty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

Until the Snowman went missing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I heard that! Who would do such a thing!!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I live at home anyways so i'll be with my mam, dad & brother in our house that day. My nana's house is the place to be each year though. Every year we go to my nana's for christmas dinner. I love it! These are the years i cherish the most with my nana. Sadly we lost my other nana in March this year so all the more reason to spend as much time with my only remaining grandparent while she's alive & kicking. My aunt used to come over with her brood but now that her lot are starting to have kids of their own she's starting to do her own dinner but still makes time to drop in for an hour or two with the brood as does another aunt & a few cousins will drop in with presents for my nana. Apart from funerals or weddings it's the only time of the year we're all together as a family & i love it - we do have some laughs when we get together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I'm doing both!

Last year for the first time, I had dinner in my house and all of my family came. 15 people. This year I'll have 17 :D

Ditto! Staying in my house with the husbag and kids and my mother and her husband and my sister, her husband and their mob of kids are coming to us. 11 in total.

downey2003 wrote: »
    Until the Snowman went missing!

Ah mammy. Poor Snowy. :(
    Posy wrote: »

He was bloody amazing. Whatever happened him it is bloody sad :( He was a real focal point.

(also note to self, re-read everything before posting in future!!!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He probably just flew away for a while, you know how snowmen can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

An update on Snowy, he was found in Fitzwilliam Square in Wicklow, deflated with a note saying "sorry". See, he went walking in the air like all snowmen do, and obviously got delayed. Those snowmen and their crazy sessions ey.

There was talk on facebook this morning that he is gone again!!! I haven't been up the town to look yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Bubblefett wrote: »
    This Christmas is the first time we'll ever have both my sisters, their partners and all their kids and dogs over! I'm excited and dreading it at the same time- I'm forseeing christmas fights.

Yeah, getting a pile of dogs all together in one house - fights will most definitely ensue. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

There was rumour it was a publicity stunt:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1204/breaking46.html

Who knows?

Advertisement