Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction Resolution help

Options
  • 22-11-2012 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Dear Moderators,

Recently, I was given an Infraction by a Moderator called Black Swan. For a particular post, another moderator- Manic Moran made an inappropriate remark so I said,

Originally Posted by horsemaster
    I don't think this is what a Moderator should write.

The Infraction I for was for that was,

Originally Posted by Black Swan
    Please be advised this post was below standard, attacks the poster, and is "too personal" violating charter.

I will let you all decide on that. But a bigger worry for me was when Manic Moran said,

Originally Posted by Manic Moran
    Well, we could always lift the sanctions and just bomb them, if it makes you happier

Forums can get really heaty and moderators are usually the ones who keep check of what the posters write. But when a moderator writes something like this, I just felt it was inappropriate. Perhaps you can have a better idea of the original post to have an idea. This is the link,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81819278

Sure, I was wrong to say he was wrong in public.I admit that. But the reason behind it was right I think. I can be wrong but I will let you all decide. It is after all your forum and I am a guest here. I didn't want to even make a report here but I felt something was not right here. I look up to people in authority because there is a reason why they are put there in the first place. That is why when a moderator (even though he doesn't own that forum category) makes a statement like that about bombing, I think it is not right.

Could you please have a look at my case and see if there is anything you can do?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Horsemaster

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hi Horsemaster,

There's clearly two posts under scrutiny here. One that is related to the DR thread, and one that actually isn't.

Firstly, you received a yellow card (a warning) for commenting on other user's post with respect to it being in breach of the charter. This is very addressed by the charter itself:
    3. Reporting & Moderation

If you have a problem with a post, USE THE REPORT POST FUNCTION. Do not respond to the post in question. There are to be no allegations of trollery in-thread. It's another form of personal attack and posters will be infracted and/or banned for this.

If they agree with the complaint, moderators may edit/delete any reported post. Moderators will review all complaints and act at their discretion.
    In line with the charter, you received a yellow card for this, as did a fellow poster who also commented instead of hitting the "Report" button. There's not much I can do for you here.

Because of the clear cut nature of the yellow card you received, Manic Moran's post isn't actually relevant to this, however I'll give my thoughts on it anyway.
    cyberhog wrote: »
    The sanctions only create a headache for the EU. I think most of those countries following Obama's line wouldn't get involved with sanctions if it weren't for pressure from the US.
    Well, we could always lift the sanctions and just bomb them, if it makes you happier
    I don't really see what the problem is here. It's perfectly clear to me that MM is not advocating bombing anybody. It's obvious in this post that sanctions over conflict is the preferred option. That post is guilty of being brusque, that's about it.

Anyhow, as far as I'm concerned the warning is straightforward and should stand. If you wish for an Admin to look at your case one final time, you can request it here.

Dades

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement