Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod abusing power.

Options
  • 22-11-2012 8:26am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Hello.

There's a thread in After Hours started by a guy talking about how he was masturbating with the video playing really loud in his families house. He posed no questions to anybody or asked for their experiences (:eek:) My post was the second. I posted 'Cool Story, Bro'. A mod (El Weirdo) saw fit to remove this post entirely (!!) and issue me a warning. I obviously do not feel that I erred in any way. I was not offensive to the OP, nor did I use bad language, etc. I would like this warning removed and I would also like a warning issued to El Weirdo for abusing his powers if that's possible.

I wish this was the first time I have seen a mod abuse their power but as Admins can see from my account I have received several non-impartial, ill-informed personal attacks over 'mods' during my time here. Admins will be able to see a pattern regarding the offending mods I trust. I've decided to start complaining about this after letting things slide for a long time.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have you discussed this with the mod in question or their cmods, as mentioned in the charter?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

After every warning or infraction; they just refuse to take the warning/infraction off. Contacting abusive mods never has any effect.

And tbh, the 'charter' is part of the problem. They twist whatever it says to mean whatever they want it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I hope it's okay for me to give my 2-cents and point the following out here.

From the charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78718655&postcount=28

In this case it quite clearly says that the posting "Cool story bro" will result in an infraction, so the mod was actually lenient on the OP. If the OP had read and obeyed the charter, there wouldn't be an issue.

While it may seem bizarre for a rule like that to be in the charter, it's the users who decided that that rule was needed as they were tired of their posts being ignorantly dismissed by other users, who thought they were being funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

humanji wrote: »
    I hope it's okay for me to give my 2-cents and point the following out here.

From the charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78718655&postcount=28

In this case it quite clearly says that the posting "Cool story bro" will result in an infraction, so the mod was actually lenient on the OP. If the OP had read and obeyed the charter, there wouldn't be an issue.

While it may seem bizarre for a rule like that to be in the charter, it's the users who decided that that rule was needed as they were tired of their posts being ignorantly dismissed by other users, who thought they were being funny.
    What Humanji said.

I thought I'd put that link in the warning note as I normally do, but going through my sent PMs, it appears I failed to do so for some reason.

Apologies for that, but if you'd bothered your arse sending me a PM, I would have gladly responded.

In this case it quite clearly says that the posting "Cool story bro" will result in an infraction,

Yeh to be honest nobody actually reads that thing. Maybe like 1%, though I would say it's much lower actually. There's probably a decimal point in there.

1. I doubt that.

and 2. The guy was talking about his last masturbation session. I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to express that some things are probably best kept to oneself.

I would like the warning removed, and that absolutely foolish part of the charter removed. Just ignore people who say that to be funny, it's not that hard ffs. If the charter wasn't so non-sensically bloated more people might actually read it.

Not to mention the fact that El Weirdo could have actually not enforced such a silly part of the charter.

Surely this is some kind of obstruction to freedom of speech also? It's not hate speech, racist, homophobic, sexist, so why are you people deciding what I can and cannot say if it not offensive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Andy!! wrote: »
    Yeh to be honest nobody actually reads that thing. Maybe like 1%, though I would say it's much lower actually. There's probably a decimal point in there.

1. I doubt that.

and 2. The guy was talking about his last masturbation session. I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to express that some things are probably best kept to oneself.

I would like the warning removed, and that absolutely foolish part of the charter removed. Just ignore people who say that to be funny, it's not that hard ffs. If the charter wasn't so non-sensically bloated more people might actually read it.

Not to mention the fact that El Weirdo could have actually not enforced such a silly part of the charter.

Surely this is some kind of obstruction to freedom of speech also? It's not hate speech, racist, homophobic, sexist, so why are you people deciding what I can and cannot say if it not offensive?

If you wish to dispute the warning, then do so in the DRP forum.

And you don't have any freedom of speech here, and never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Spear wrote: »

Just to be up front here: Don't waste anyone's time by bringing it to the DRP. You broke the charter and got issued a (lenient) warning.

Khannie wrote: »
    Just to be up front here: Don't waste anyone's time by bringing it to the DRP. You broke the charter and got issued a (lenient) warning.

For a ridiculous rule that should never have made it into the charter. I want that rule changed.
    Spear wrote: »

And you don't have any freedom of speech here, and never did.

Excuse me??

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For a ridiculous rule that should never have made it into the charter. I want that rule changed.

And I want a threesome with Heidi Klum and Mila Kunis, so I guess we're both sh*t out of luck.
    Excuse me??

Boards is not subject to the First Amendment to the constitution of the United States, there is no such thing as freedom of speech here. It is a private website and therefore we decide what can and can't be posted here. When you joined Boards you agreed to abide by the Terms of Use, thereby accepting that our rules are the only rules that we play by.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What Zaph said!
    Tough, tbh.

Try telling AGS that you didn't read the rules of the road when they pull you over for speeding.

Tbh, Andy, if I were you I'd stop while you're ahead not too far behind, you're walking yourself rapidly into facepalm territory here, dude!

• Advertisement

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Of course the mods act the way they do; they get away with it, because their superiors are just as unprofessional.

Oh and also, freedom of speech is also a feature of European law. Read a book.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What is surprising is that with the record you've amassed for yourself in a relatively short period of time you haven't been sitebanned yet. Lose the attitude and stop being such a pain in the ass for the mods or the next conversation we'll be having will be in the Prison forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement