Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to send packages back to Ireland

• 22-11-2012 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We're moving back to Ireland in February and have accumulated extra clothes and things during our time here. We're doing some travelling on the way home so don't want to be paying for extra baggage on all the flights we're taking. We won't be sending anything bulky like furniture, purely personal items.

What's the best / cheapest way to send home a package? For example a weight of maybe 10 or 15kg. I know I can use Japan Post, but I think their rates are very expensive for Airmail especially when you compare to An Post (€180 approx, compared to €60) Another option is to go by Surface Mail (approx €70) but that takes a long time, or an outside courier / delivery company.

Any ideas or experiences of other options? Ideally I'd like a nice balance between cost and time taken to deliver. Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭TAPA2012

Heya,

Airfrance are only 80e for an extra bag of up to 25 kg. I think turkish airlines have a courier service maybe you could look into them! but if you bring it through as luggage turkish airlines charge 25e per a kg! Very expensive....

Advertisement