Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung/Nexus 7 or larger alternative

Options
  • 22-11-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are going to buy my son a tablet for his birthday/christmas and are eyeing up either the Nexus 7/Samsung model which are currently retailing in PC world at about €239.

Portability of the 7 inch is not the requirement (more the price) as he is young and it will only be used at home/in the car. Primary use will be games, autism and music related apps, web surfing, and he likes taking picture/videos but the camera quality just needs to be ok (two way camera would be a bonus as he like recording himeself breaking stuff:)).

I notice some of the older 10 inch tablets and some obscure brands are retailing around the same level, and I'm wondering given his age and his likely usage, would I be better looking at the some of the 10 inch tablets at this price.

Also seen the Motorola Zoom media edition retailing within budget so any opinions on this welcomed too.

Advertisement