Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notifications on Lock Screen

• 22-11-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Is there some way to do this in Android?

I installed the FootMob app recently and it is nice except for the notifications. I have to hit the power button, unlock the phone and pull down the notification bar. I recently came from ios and when a notification comes in I only had to take the phone out of my pocket and the screen is on with the score right there on the screen. Excellent for situations where you can't be playing with your phone and can only give it a quick glimpse. Would love to be able to do this with android.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jester77 wrote: »
    Is there some way to do this in Android?

I installed the FootMob app recently and it is nice except for the notifications. I have to hit the power button, unlock the phone and pull down the notification bar. I recently came from ios and when a notification comes in I only had to take the phone out of my pocket and the screen is on with the score right there on the screen. Excellent for situations where you can't be playing with your phone and can only give it a quick glimpse. Would love to be able to do this with android.

What version of Android do you have? I think since Ice Cream Sandwich it allows access to notifications from lock screen, I can access them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What version of Android do you have? I think since Ice Cream Sandwich it allows access to notifications from lock screen, I can access them.

I'm on 4.2, so it should be the same. How do you set this up? I am unable to pull down the notification bar from the lock screen and unfortunately FootMob don't have a lock screen widget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

jester77 wrote: »

I'm on 4.2, so it should be the same. How do you set this up? I am unable to pull down the notification bar from the lock screen and unfortunately FootMob don't have a lock screen widget.
    If you have a pin or pattern unlock then you need to enter this before you can pull down the notification bar. If you remove that security you can pull down the notification bar from the lock screen.

Nolimits wrote: »
    If you have a pin or pattern unlock then you need to enter this before you can pull down the notification bar. If you remove that security you can pull down the notification bar from the lock screen.

That's what I don't want to do. Ideally I'd like to be able to pull out the phone when it vibrates and the score is there on the screen. Taking out the phone, hitting power, unlocking and pulling down the notification bar is not very subtle in certain circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Surely the purpose of having a pin or pattern unlock on your phone is so people can't view your messages etc. so it makes sense not to be able to see your notifications before unlocking.

I have CM10 running on my phone without a pin/pattern unlock and I can slide the notification 'shade' down from the lock screen

• Advertisement

TBH, I'm not too pushed if someone reads my football score notifications from my lockscreen.

Ideally what I am looking for is what these guys have built into their cricket app, Cricscoredroid, below. I guess I would have to wait and hope the FootMob guys do something similar.

kBXjOAsC1CyfBz0va1rwpW_mv2TVBUKIMG11kJp_f8fcnmIeR03BV6iHf0gBXyvEn9E

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Yeah, it sounds like you are looking for a lockscreen widget solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

I think the closest you are going to get is sofascore app

Basically what it does is by adding a match to your favourites it will notify you (through your notification screen) if a goal was scored or if it was half time or full time.

If won't show the notification on the lock screen but it will show an icon in the toolbar to which ykj as should be able to pull down from the lock screen if you are using 4.0 onwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I have the same problem as the op, in that I can't really keep checking my phone in work. The solution I've come up with is, I use footmob, and I also use an app called lightflow this app as long as it's compatible with your phone and it has a notification led will light up the led when you get any kind of notification. You then set different colours to different notification, I have footmob set to a light blue colour so with a quick glance at my phone I can tell if it's even worth turning on my screen.

Advertisement