Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What spikes?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,was thinking of dabbling in a bit of XC but dont know what spikes to get.I am a neutral runner but run in LG 3's and 4's. All advice welcome,cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Do you mean which shoes, or what length of spikes?

On the shoes, I would suggest go and talk to a decent running shop and see what is in stock. I have a pair of Asics Outback which are good for both track and CC. Some would say they are the worst of both worlds, but they suit me for the mileage I get out of them.

On the length of spikes it is always worthwhile to have a couple of different lengths, depending on the course and conditions. I have 12mm (I think) at the moment and 6mm (I think) when on the track or on good ground conditions.

Advertisement