Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 22-11-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, im moving tomorrow to an apartment with gasheating.
    As i havent had gasheating before, i have couple of questions:
    I have been Electric Ireland customer for 3 years with no arrears etc.

- One of my friend told that i need to pay deposit when im first time 'gas' user, is that correct?
    - Are the gas and electricity billed in same bill
    - What are the discounts available for me when buying by direct debit and im prev. electricity customer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Finnteme,

Once you are paying by direct debit you do not incur a security deposit.

Gas and electricity are separate bills and have separate account numbers because of the meter readings being looked after by two different organisations (ESB Networks, Bord Gáis Networks) but all details would show up on our system under the customer's name, so they are linked with each other in that sense.

With regards to discounts, in your case you could avail of the Dual Fuel price plan, which comprises: 4% discount each for direct debit on electricity and gas; 2% discount each for online billing on electricity and gas; 3% Dual Fuel discount, which is applied to whichever fuel the customer prefers (just to advise: this cannot be changed to the other fuel at a later date).

The above is a contract, which expires on 31st December 2013. Should a customer sign up for it and then switch supplier before the above date, they are subject to a €50 exit fee.

The gas switch can be made online. To register for online billing, the customer needs to go to this link.

Do let me know if you require any further assistance. :)

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Hi Finnteme,

Once you are paying by direct debit you do not incur a security deposit.

Gas and electricity are separate bills and have separate account numbers because of the meter readings being looked after by two different organisations (ESB Networks, Bord Gáis Networks) but all details would show up on our system under the customer's name, so they are linked with each other in that sense.

With regards to discounts, in your case you could avail of the Dual Fuel price plan, which comprises: 4% discount each for direct debit on electricity and gas; 2% discount each for online billing on electricity and gas; 3% Dual Fuel discount, which is applied to whichever fuel the customer prefers (just to advise: this cannot be changed to the other fuel at a later date).

The above is a contract, which expires on 31st December 2013. Should a customer sign up for it and then switch supplier before the above date, they are subject to a €50 exit fee.

The gas switch can be made online. To register for online billing, the customer needs to go to this link.

Do let me know if you require any further assistance. :)

Regards,
    Una

Hi, on the page, do i choose New customer or existing customer?

Existing customer because you are already with Electric Ireland for electricity. Do you already have discounts on your electricity account Finnteme?

Existing customer because you are already with Electric Ireland for electricity. Do you already have discounts on your electricity account Finnteme?

Yes i have i think, im paying by direct debit and online billing.

I will check that you still have those discounts, as, if they have expired, they will need to be re-applied. Can you private message me your Electric Ireland account number in full, your name/address as they appear on your account, and your date of birth?

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

I will check that you still have those discounts, as, if they have expired, they will need to be re-applied. Can you private message me your Electric Ireland account number in full, your name/address as they appear on your account, and your date of birth?

Regards,
    Una

PM sent

finnteme wrote: »
    PM sent

Hi, i have now lived happily in my new house for 2 weeks, and today i received 2 letters from Airtricity (they were addressed to the New Occupient of the house) where there was a bills for approx 50 eur inside them.
    Surely its not my obligation to pay these, there was couple of euros for gas and electricity in both, and early termination fee.
    What should i do with these letter, i dont have any contact details to the prev. tenant etc?

Hi Finnteme,

You would not be liable for these if they refer to dates before you moved into the new address - we would recommend that you pass them to your landlord/lady.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement