Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Samsung Smartphone in Knocknacarra [returned]

Options
  • 22-11-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Here's a strange one:

This morning we found a Samsung Smartphone on our door step. My sons say its a Galaxy

Now we are at the end of a cul-de-sac and whoever left it must have walked up the drive. Very strange!

Anyway, the phone was wet but is working. There is a photo of a little girl on it, definitely nobody in the neighbourhood. And its on Meteor. Its locked, so I can't ring the last number to find out who owns it.

If you think it might be yours, please contact me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Was there anyone doing door-to-door marketing in your neighbourhood last night? Might explain someone coming up your drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

chasmcb wrote: »
    Was there anyone doing door-to-door marketing in your neighbourhood last night? Might explain someone coming up your drive.

No. No leaflets or free papers. And nobody trying to get us to change any utility provider.
    I got home at 9pm and it wasn't there then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bring it to a meteor store and they will check if it's registered and/or call a number from the phonebook (mum/dad/home etc) and help you reunite it with the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Didn't have time to go into town today, so was going to drop it into a Meteor shop tomorrow.

However, somebody called the phone this afternoon and could identify the owner. The owner has collected it now.

Still don't know how it ended up on our doorstep, but I won't loose any sleep over that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

It's a wizard phone. Stick it under the stairs for a few years and a big horse of a man will arrive to take it to Hogwarts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound all is well again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement