Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Ending Spoilers!!!!

• 22-11-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭

As suggested by Calex, I agree we should have a thread to discuss the ending of Telltale's The Walking Dead. The other thread is just walls of grey with all the spoilers. Especially how full game is being released on disk soon, I'd say more people will get it. And if you haven't played it, you really REALLY should!
    My GOTY

SPOILERS

So Season 2 would be class if you come across Omid Christa and Clem for some closure but Telltale don't seem to do happy endings.

Can anyone tell me why the stranger has followed you if you didn't rob him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

He follows to get to Kenny and the rest who did steal, but then after hearing all the things lee did he wants to kill lee and take clem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So Season 2 would be class if you come across Omid Christa and Clem for some closure but Telltale don't seem to do happy endings.

Would be nice, if in WD2 you see Clem, Omid and Christa as you pass through a town or something.
    They wouldn't have to be alive or anything, just there. :)

I only did one playthrough so I had to live with my decisions, no matter what they were.
    But now, I'm really looking forward to doing different playthroughs of this, saving different people, making different decisions.

If it wasn't for BlOpsII, this would get GOTY.
    WD - Easily GOTY.

O/T:
    Anyone got any word on the Walking Dead forum?
    Been a month since approved and no sign of it, that I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F1ngers wrote: »

O/T:

Yupp, its up and running as a TV sub section but comics, books and game are discussed in it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1569

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

One of the things that got me when the stranger was listing off my "crimes" was the realisation that Clem had to tell him those things. So really it was a description of how she saw everything.
    He follows to get to Kenny and the rest who did steal, but then after hearing all the things lee did he wants to kill lee and take clem.

There's also the fact that he didn't know until Clem told him. The others still took everything so he just saw it as a group thing. By the time he caught up he was wanted to "protect" Clem from Lee, so he didn't care about the theft.

Also I was quite shocked when I felt bad when Kenny died. I really didn't give a rat's ass about him at this stage but they did a fantastic job of redeeming him in this episode.

What happens to ben if he survived episode 4?

Ya, gut dropped when Kenny sacrificed himself for Ben. Good question, what does happen if Ben died in 4?

Also, what happens if you end ep 4 with just Lee, does he chop off his own arm and do Kenny and Ben go back into it? Omid and Chistie didn't go with me but still met up with them in ep 5.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    One of the things that got me when the stranger was listing off my "crimes" was the realisation that Clem had to tell him those things. So really it was a description of how she saw everything.

There's also the fact that he didn't know until Clem told him. The others still took everything so he just saw it as a group thing. By the time he caught up he was wanted to "protect" Clem from Lee, so he didn't care about the theft.

Also I was quite shocked when I felt bad when Kenny died. I really didn't give a rat's ass about him at this stage but they did a fantastic job of redeeming him in this episode.

What happens to ben if he survived episode 4?

If you save Ben when your group is escaping out of the house the balcony gives way and he gets impailed on a spike. Kenny and lee try to save him but can't so Kenny stays with him and they both get eaten.

I was glad I saved him he had some great scenes.

If you save Ben when your group is escaping out of the house the balcony gives way and he gets impailed on a spike. Kenny and lee try to save him but can't so Kenny stays with him and they both get eaten.

I was glad I saved him he had some great scenes.

Ah that makes sense. I remember the balcony starting to give way when Kenny jumped.

Really makes me want to play through again.

Did Kenny falloff the balcony instead? was he impaled and did Lee try to help him?

Ya, gut dropped when Kenny sacrificed himself for Ben. Good question, what does happen if Ben died in 4?

After the balcony jump when you get to the hole in the roof, Kenny knocks the radio out of Lee's hand and into the hole. Christie jumps in to get it but can't out and you can't get her out. Kenny jumps in and gives her a boost out. Gut wrenching moment that was.

Aw man, really want to play through again. I played through Mass Effect on Paragon first and through on Renegade. I had no problem being a d1ck to everyone I came across but I cannot picture being mean to Clem or scolding her. Surely Telltale deserve some accomplishment for making a character so likeable.

If you choose to not cut the arm off, does Lee make it to the end with both arms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

F1ngers wrote: »
    Would be nice, if in WD2 you see Clem, Omid and Christa as you pass through a town or something.
    They wouldn't have to be alive or anything, just there. :)

I only did one playthrough so I had to live with my decisions, no matter what they were.
    But now, I'm really looking forward to doing different playthroughs of this, saving different people, making different decisions.

If it wasn't for BlOpsII, this would get GOTY.
    WD - Easily GOTY.

O/T:

:confused:

I didn't go through that to see Clem die off-screen. That would be perhaps the worst piece of writing imaginable.

Kenny's death with Ben made the least sense possible, he wasn't saving Ben, Ben was dead anyway. He essentially committed suicide. A step too far in my opinion, there was no reason not to let his character carry over into season two once he'd got that far. It was the one moment that feel very arbitrary and cheap in the entire game. The fact you saved Ben, risking your own life, and the lives of others in the process, in episode four makes that whole scene seem creatively dirty.

Yeah, Ben impaled on the spike, Kenny should have known better but I think it was the whole thing of Ken being a d1ck to him and kept wishing Ben was dead. When it finally came down to it Kenny wanted to make it easier on him, using the last bullet on Ben (if though we didn't see it).

I was fully sure after Omid and Christa agreed to take care of Clem that they would appear outside that building and take Clem away. That scene of her walking through a field and then her last shocked/terrified face will stay with me for a long time.

I say we start a petition to have Telltale release a new ending through DLC where Lee finds a cure, Clems parents are still alive and they all move into a house together getting into wacky sitcom situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Syferus wrote: »
    :confused:

I didn't go through that to see Clem die off-screen. That would be perhaps the worst piece of writing imaginable.

Kenny's death with Ben made the least sense possible, he wasn't saving Ben, Ben was dead anyway. He essentially committed suicide. A step too far in my opinion, there was no reason not to let his character carry over into season two once he'd got that far. It was the one moment that feel very arbitrary and cheap in the entire game. The fact you saved Ben, risking your own life, and the lives of others in the process, in episode four makes that whole scene seem creatively dirty.

This seemed stupid to me too, he could have easily killed Ben and lived. Only 10 minutes before he gives a speech about his wife and that suicide is the cowards way out, that you should stick with your friends till the end.

Also, was disappointed you don't get to confront vernon. How did the cancer patients sneak up and overpower kenny....they were in bits and scared to death. I can't see them suddenly change character to ruthless thugs/thieves.

And at ep4, when he says "you didnt come by the train did you ?", you don't really find out what that was. I assume it got overrun with zombies.
    Without thinking I told Omid and Christa to meet me there....so...prob dead....and then Clem would have to meet up with them. But it's all speculation, that part seemed to have little/no impact.

If you tell Clem not to shoot you, do you become a zombie ?

sheehy83 wrote:

I was fully sure after Omid and Christa agreed to take care of Clem that they would appear outside that building and take Clem away. That scene of her walking through a field and then her last shocked/terrified face will stay with me for a long time.

what scene is this ? After the creds or something ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    what scene is this ? After the creds or something ?

Yeah after the credits, you get a 2 minute scene of Clem.

Yeah after the credits, you get a 2 minute scene of Clem.

Ugh, I didn't watch it. Will play through the final part again now. Crap anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

And at ep4, when he says "you didnt come by the train did you ?", you don't really find out what that was. I assume it got overrun with zombies.

The massive horde of zombies that suddenly appeared in the town in episode 5 are the massive horde that were chasing the train in episode three. They flash back to it at the start of this episode. Basically the train drew every zombie it passed to Savannah. That's why he asked about the train, probably saw the massive horde of zombies coming along the tracks and that's when he realised he needed to get the f*ck out of dodge and steal the boat.

This seemed stupid to me too, he could have easily killed Ben and lived. Only 10 minutes before he gives a speech about his wife and that suicide is the cowards way out, that you should stick with your friends till the end.

Also, was disappointed you don't get to confront vernon. How did the cancer patients sneak up and overpower kenny....they were in bits and scared to death. I can't see them suddenly change character to ruthless thugs/thieves.

Without thinking I told Omid and Christa to meet me there....so...prob dead....and then Clem would have to meet up with them. But it's all speculation, that part seemed to have little/no impact.

If you tell Clem not to shoot you, do you become a zombie ?

in ep 4 Lee told Vernon about them escaping from a herd at the end of ep 3. Vernon knew then the herd was coming to savannah as it was following the train and knew they had to leave straight away.

Sounds like not having Ben made for a better story. Kenny saving Christie was brilliant and one of my highlights.

Enjoying reading everyone else's impressions. I took Kenny with me so it came as no surprise that Ben, omid and Christa let the boat get robbed.

The end scene was great it set it up like the two characters walking over the hill were christa and omid but then seeing clems face change it could be anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Lads, we didn't see Kenny actually die. I was talkin to one of the lads last night, who did it different to me and let Ben die in ep 4, he said the same thing.

A return of Kenny in Season 2 would be good but wouldn't have any proper story. Family dead, no more Lee to bounce off and if he was in it, he would just be a character that would argue everything you said. But yeah, weird the way it doesn't show what happens to him.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Lads, we didn't see Kenny actually die. I was talkin to one of the lads last night, who did it different to me and let Ben die in ep 4, he said the same thing.

It's true. You "assume" he died, but who knows.

I'm certain that Kenny is dead. I'm fairly certain there was no way out of where I left him and I heard him scream in a "OMG they're biting me" kinda way.

I had to play through the final scenes there again , it was possible for Lee to use the gun on himself rather than making poor Clem have to do it.
    That would traumatise her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ah lads, Kenny is dead. This same hopeless doubting came up with
    Lori
    in the tv show a week ago.

In retrospect Tell Tale were very obviously planning on clearing the deck of almost all the remaining characters, either from the very beginning or after the second episode.

It makes the possible permutations they have to deal with for season two far, far easier.

I had to play through the final scenes there again , it was possible for Lee to use the gun on himself rather than making poor Clem have to do it.
    That would traumatise her

This reminds me of two things. What happens if you handcuff the guard? I got her to handcuff me to the radiator.

Following on from that Clem got attacked (:o) but there was a chance to grab the baseball bat and it gave you the option of grabbing it or kicking it. I went for the grab option because I genuinely forgot that Lee had lost the hand, heat of the moment and all that. But that was great personal moment for me and I can't help but admire Telltale building a game that allows that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This reminds me of two things. What happens if you handcuff the guard? I got her to handcuff me to the radiator.

Following on from that Clem got attacked (:o) but there was a chance to grab the baseball bat and it gave you the option of grabbing it or kicking it. I went for the grab option because I genuinely forgot that Lee had lost the hand, heat of the moment and all that. But that was great personal moment for me and I can't help but admire Telltale building a game that allows that kind of thing.

Not sure about the other parts but I kicked the bat first not even registering the situation lee was in that had I choose grab he'd have had no arm to do it with :o but she gets attacked there either way.

Kind of annoying in a way the game check points and auto saves in that it's not at all easy to reload and see what happens if you choose a different option.

Also delighted with the way the achievements and trophies were done..... i know i know some of us like those :o but they were unmissable and so I could forget about them and just focus on playing the game and make the decisions I wants without having them at the back of my mind.

Was ep5 shorter than the others?????? I felt it was but don't feel short changed because of it.

There are still some loose ends, does anyone know if the game was always going end with lee and clem in that area ? or there was any other alternative to it?

calex71 wrote: »
    There are still some loose ends, does anyone know if the game was always going end with lee and clem in that area ? or there was any other alternative to it?

I'm fairly certain the end of the game is the scene in the room with Omid and Christie loose somewhere regardless of what choices you make.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm fairly certain the end of the game is the scene in the room with Omid and Christie loose somewhere regardless of what choices you make.

Wow no , I had them side with me in ep 4 and ben and kenny told me to get lost, then in the end of ep5 I told clem to leave me chained to the radiator , the after credits scene was her sitting on a log and spotting 2 figures walking on the horizon, Omid and Christa didn't feature at all ..... though it was late I'm going to have to watch it again but there was no way to know if it was them on the horizon or not and this came across in how clem reacted to seeing them.

Advertisement