Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Ending Spoilers!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

calex71 wrote: »

Wow no , I had them side with me in ep 4 and ben and kenny told me to get lost, then in the end of ep5 I told clem to leave me chained to the radiator , the after credits scene was her sitting on a log and spotting 2 figures walking on the horizon, Omid and Christa didn't feature at all ..... though it was late I'm going to have to watch it again but there was no way to know if it was them on the horizon or not and this came across in how clem reacted to seeing them.

I just meant that Omid and Christie are the only others that are still alive.

I don't think it was them in the distant but I think they got out of Savannah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Not sure about the other parts but I kicked the bat first not even registering the situation lee was in that had I choose grab he'd have had no arm to do it with :o but she gets attacked there either way.

Kind of annoying in a way the game check points and auto saves in that it's not at all easy to reload and see what happens if you choose a different option.

Also delighted with the way the achievements and trophies were done..... i know i know some of us like those :o but they were unmissable and so I could forget about them and just focus on playing the game and make the decisions I wants without having them at the back of my mind.

Was ep5 shorter than the others?????? I felt it was but don't feel short changed because of it.

There are still some loose ends, does anyone know if the game was always going end with lee and clem in that area ? or there was any other alternative to it?

You can use the rewind feature to go back in a chapter. I used in to see what happened if you kept the women who you can throw out of the camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think in the sequel Lee may not be dead, it doesnt show clem actually shooting you (if you chose that) it blacks out. So this could leave it open for Lee to back in the second game. He could have just passed out from blood loss to be found by some one later (possibly that old doctor) all this im assuming as i chose to cut of my arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wow no , I had them side with me in ep 4 and ben and kenny told me to get lost, then in the end of ep5 I told clem to leave me chained to the radiator , the after credits scene was her sitting on a log and spotting 2 figures walking on the horizon, Omid and Christa didn't feature at all ..... though it was late I'm going to have to watch it again but there was no way to know if it was them on the horizon or not and this came across in how clem reacted to seeing them.

Same final scene no matter what really.
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    I think in the sequel Lee may not be dead, it doesnt show clem actually shooting you (if you chose that) it blacks out. So this could leave it open for Lee to back in the second game. He could have just passed out from blood loss to be found by some one later (possibly those that old doctor) all this im assuming as i chose to cut of my arm.

He's definitely brown bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I think in the sequel Lee may not be dead, it doesnt show clem actually shooting you (if you chose that) it blacks out. So this could leave it open for Lee to back in the second game. He could have just passed out from blood loss to be found by some one later (possibly those that old doctor) all this im assuming as i chose to cut of my arm.

Love the optimism but Lee is dead. From an outside perspective it would completely destroy season 1 if he's not dead.

From within the game, the colour of his skin and his struggle to do anything just shows that he was on the way out.

Also I'd be very disappointed in clem if she didn't do the job.

Did anyone think that the discarded shotgun shell at the end seemed very significant? I can't think of anything for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Orim wrote: »
    Love the optimism but Lee is dead. From an outside perspective it would completely destroy season 1 if he's not dead.

From within the game, the colour of his skin and his struggle to do anything just shows that he was on the way out.

Also I'd be very disappointed in clem if she didn't do the job.

Did anyone think that the discarded shotgun shell at the end seemed very significant? I can't think of anything for it though.

it was all in the eyes too, i'm no doctor :D but even I could tell he was toast given his depiction in the final moments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Someone already said you can shoot yourself too so it's pretty obvious Lee is dead.

This isn't Lost, it's not a franchise driven by deus ex machina or cheap twists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Same final scene no matter what really.

He's definitely brown bread.

To be honest, he could have just been weakened from loss of blood/infection from getting his arm cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be honest, he could have just been weakened from loss of blood/infection from getting his arm cut off.

In which case without a transfusion, he'd die, and come back as a zombie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

In which case without a transfusion, he'd die, and come back as a zombie!

Not assured. He could have weaked to the point of collapse, due to the lack of blood and stay unconsious until his body can take it. He kinda exerted himself a lot, after losing the arm.

I think that he is dead but I have seen a lot weaker ways of avoiding the apparently obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I really like the ending - the piece after the credits with Clem wandering by herself across an empty plain was powerful. All you can do is hope that the two figures are Omid and Christa, but they could be anyone. Funny thing too is that both we and Clem presume the worst - if they're not Omid and Christa, then we assume they're probably dangerous. Its considered highly unlikely that there is decent people left. Nice sense of paranoia and distrust that the game instills.

There was some great scenes in Episode 5 - covering Clem with the zombie guts was necessary, but you'd still be angry that Clem was in a world where it was necessary for her to be covered in zombie guts to survive. Between the final scene and this, Episode 5 really hit you with the sense that you were letting Clem down - by dying, by not keeping her protected from the horrific nature of the world. I got a genuine laugh from the last scene - like others I reached for the baseball bat only to go "Oh yeah. Handcuffs. Way to go genius".

The ending summary really clarified what a dick Kenny was though.

Kenny:
    - You defended his son in the drugstore
    - You told him about your past
    - You killed his son so he didn't have to

Katja
    - You found water for Duck when he needed it

Duck
    - You argued that he was not bitten back in Macon
    - You let him be your sidekick to solve a mystery
    - You shot him before he could turn

Yet, when I asked Kenny to come help find Clem: "I don't know Lee - if it was me asking you for your help, would you really be there for me?" Really Kenny, really?

I'm glad he didn't make it. I cant believe he was even an option to suggest as taking care of Clem after Lee was gone. Also, from the report above I'm glad I left Ben to die - my gut instinct that he would just get someone else killed was proven correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sand wrote: »
    I really like the ending - the piece after the credits with Clem wandering by herself across an empty plain was powerful. All you can do is hope that the two figures are Omid and Christa, but they could be anyone. Funny thing too is that both we and Clem presume the worst - if they're not Omid and Christa, then we assume they're probably dangerous. Its considered highly unlikely that there is decent people left. Nice sense of paranoia and distrust that the game instills.

There was some great scenes in Episode 5 - covering Clem with the zombie guts was necessary, but you'd still be angry that Clem was in a world where it was necessary for her to be covered in zombie guts to survive. Between the final scene and this, Episode 5 really hit you with the sense that you were letting Clem down - by dying, by not keeping her protected from the horrific nature of the world. I got a genuine laugh from the last scene - like others I reached for the baseball bat only to go "Oh yeah. Handcuffs. Way to go genius".

The ending summary really clarified what a dick Kenny was though.

Kenny:
    - You defended his son in the drugstore
    - You told him about your past
    - You killed his son so he didn't have to

Katja
    - You found water for Duck when he needed it

Duck
    - You argued that he was not bitten back in Macon
    - You let him be your sidekick to solve a mystery
    - You shot him before he could turn

Yet, when I asked Kenny to come help find Clem: "I don't know Lee - if it was me asking you for your help, would you really be there for me?" Really Kenny, really?

I'm glad he didn't make it. I cant believe he was even an option to suggest as taking care of Clem after Lee was gone. Also, from the report above I'm glad I left Ben to die - my gut instinct that he would just get someone else killed was proven correct.

I did so little of those things for Kenny, mainly cos he was a dick. Only ones I did there was giving Duck water, argued he was not bitten and let him be your sidekick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That final scene with clem was possibly the best of any game iv seen felt so bad for her like i left her down with every thing i had done dureing the game.

Kenny remained a dick to the end though glad i beat him up on the train now >_>

Great voice acting by the cast.
    I hope they get all the awards they are up for this year.

It would be amazing to see a game that is more a story-based interactive game win overall GOTY, as opposed to the same rehashed Call of Duty/Assasins Creed sequels that usually take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great voice acting by the cast.
    I hope they get all the awards they are up for this year.

bone-idle.ie will have more interviews up soon with the cast and crew behind the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

bizmark wrote: »
    That final scene with clem was possibly the best of any game iv seen felt so bad for her like i left her down with every thing i had done dureing the game.

Kenny remained a dick to the end though glad i beat him up on the train now >_>
    That's probably why he was a dick in the end... I didn't, and he redeemed himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

I completed the game the other day and to be honest it was super good.

I enjoyed the last episode as it showed some redemption of the characters and when ben stood up to kenny in the yard it made me go wow. The ending was sad and expected but very well done and now that clemantine has been told what to do and whatnot hopefully she will continue to survive in the next season.

Kudos to you, Telltale! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished last night and loved it. Glad i kept Ben alive, and his argument with Kenny in Ep.5 was really well done, and gave his otherwise limited character some much needed depth. It changed the way Kenny acted towards him, and for me anyway, made Kenny sacrificing himself for Ben all the more poignant. Loved the ending as well, and was very sad. Lee and Clem were written really well, and it was kind of awful having to get Clem to shoot him.

Some fantastic moments in the game though.

1. Kenny killing Lennie. Wasn't ready for that. Was minding my own business, doing CPR when bam! Totally shocked me.
    2. Finding Mark, legless, upstairs in the Diary. I knew they weren't trustworthy, but damn.
    3. Lilly killing Carly. Wasn't expecting that either, and kind of hated Lilly after that. Hoped i was going to stab her with the pencil in the RV :pac:
    4. Katja killing herself and having to shoot Duck.
    5. The little boy in the attic. That was probably the saddest bit in the game for me, bar maybe the ending. And burying him afterwards with his dog :(

Was very surprised by the amount of people that decided to cut Lee's arm off though. I guess, knowing enough about the virus/infection, meant that i didn't see the point. But a lot of people probably hoped it would save him in the end.

Overall, a fantastic experience, and fair play to Telltale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kiith wrote: »
    Was very surprised by the amount of people that decided to cut Lee's arm off though.

Non-Game Walking Dead Spoilers :
    That cutting off Hershel's leg in the TV show saved him this season could've influenced players - well it did me!

So big moments there. For me the boy in the attic didn't have as much emotional punch as the writers intended - mostly because we never met or knew the kid. I know he looked like Duck and so that was supposed to factor in but I didn't emotionally connect them together, it was just a random boy - a stranger in a sad situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just finished it.

I can't believe it, but i did got a tear in the end. :( This game is just fantastic.

its a goty for me, and I will recommend anyone this game. It's fantastic. My hat off to developers. They got a preorder from me on any game they will release.

As for how I ended: I did let Ben die. Too many **** ups in my books. And I wanted to clock that bitch for going after that radio and then getting kenny killed.
    I had my arm cut off too. The last part of the game was heart breaking :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

was on the verge of some eye water myself. any chance its lilly you see after driving off in the RV

stuchyg wrote: »
    was on the verge of some eye water myself. any chance its lilly you see after driving off in the RV

I don't want to look like some sissy, but I really had a tear at the end.
    I can't believe developers managed to make me care so much about the fate of main character and little girl. I hate ****ing kids, but the whole game just got me badly.

I think this game is waaaaaaay better then what became out of the TV series. I don't like season 5 so far. This puts me in a very ****y position:

I WANT next walking dead game and I will have it preordered ASAP, but I am Really afraid that it will be ****, because this one was so damn great and the TV series are taking a bit of a dive. :(

I don't want to look like some sissy, but I really had a tear at the end.
    I can't believe developers managed to make me care so much about the fate of main character and little girl. I hate ****ing kids, but the whole game just got me badly.

I think this game is waaaaaaay better then what became out of the TV series. I don't like season 5 so far. This puts me in a very ****y position:

I WANT next walking dead game and I will have it preordered ASAP, but I am Really afraid that it will be ****, because this one was so damn great and the TV series are taking a bit of a dive. :(

TV Series is on season 3.
    Season 2 was worse than season 1.
    Season 3 is the best so far, (TV series)

TV Series is on season 3.
    Season 2 was worse than season 1.
    Season 3 is the best so far, (TV series)

Sorry, I might have made a mistake. Anyway, the latest season. Not a fan of it so far. :(

Sorry, I might have made a mistake. Anyway, the latest season. Not a fan of it so far. :(

Really ? Aww, I'm enjoying it :D better than Farmville of Season2 .

And I can see some things that they are taking from the comics, which I also like :D

Comic > Game > TV Show for me, though I love all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New season of walking dead is absolutely brilliant and I hated season 2. For me its game > comic > tv show. As class as the comic is, none of the story arcs came close to lee and clem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Non-Game Walking Dead Spoilers :
    That cutting off Hershel's leg in the TV show saved him this season could've influenced players - well it did me!

So big moments there. For me the boy in the attic didn't have as much emotional punch as the writers intended - mostly because we never met or knew the kid. I know he looked like Duck and so that was supposed to factor in but I didn't emotionally connect them together, it was just a random boy - a stranger in a sad situation.

It had the perfect amount of poignancy.

You don't need to have any more context than digging up the lad's dog, exploring the house and seeing all the tell-tale signs as to what happened and how he died, alone and starved.

I really don't think there is any scenario or way to do that idea that would have had more impact. The silent story-telling was far more striking than a more conventional set-up. It was the sort of thing no film or tv show can do; you're the one breaking into his house, the one exploring it and the one finding him in that state and having to decide his fate.

It didn't have the poignancy for me because Kenny pussys out again and I was more annoyed at him than sad for the kid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does Kenny refuse to shoot Duck or the kid in the attic? I did it myself both times. Didn't think Kenny should have to kill his own son, and felt like it needed to be me (Lee) who did it the 2nd time.

Game really throws some tough choices at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kiith wrote: »
    Does Kenny refuse to shoot Duck or the kid in the attic? I did it myself both times. Didn't think Kenny should have to kill his own son, and felt like it needed to be me (Lee) who did it the 2nd time.

Game really throws some tough choices at you.

No, Kenny shoots him if you leave it to him to do so. At least, he did in my playthrough.

I also shot Duck though, no one should have to kill their own kid after all. Kenny was such a moany dick up to that episode though, I really was tempted to say "**** him" and leave him at it. Though I couldn't.

Advertisement