Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gentlemen's haircuts

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Drogheda's full of them... but what's your barber of choice in the town?
    This would be based on safisfaction of service, value for money and how they treat their clients...

I usually stick to the same 1/2 but am interested to hear what other people's views are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Mr Toppers, over Paddy Dwyers shoe shop in Shop Street.

The 2 lads learned their trade in the glory days of Terrys when it used to be in Peter Street .

The 2 lads that run it are sound, good value and excellent haircuts.
    Never left there with a bad cut from either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Never been there but will give it a try... think I know one of the lads who run it.
    Often hear people ranting about Town Centre Barbers but I got charged 20 squids for a gents + kids haircut there before... thought that was a bit pricey.
    M&M is not a bad spot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

kormak wrote: »
    Never been there but will give it a try... think I know one of the lads who run it.
    Often hear people ranting about Town Centre Barbers but I got charged 20 squids for a gents + kids haircut there before... thought that was a bit pricey.
    M&M is not a bad spot either.

20 euro seems a bit steep alright, i normally get a 1 blade head shave and a general trim up, 8 euro in Mr toppers, grand value

Mick and Keith run the place, they used to work in M&M barbers before they branched off on their own.

Paddy in M&M barbers is an excellent barber also.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I normally go to rorys at the top of peter street and find them very good and good craic.

€20 seems very steep.

I heard that place stichys on peter street does it for €5 anyone ever been into them?

Well considering most places in the town do a Gents dry cut from 10-12 euros, then yeah 20 was deffo too steep.
    A lot (probably most) barbers take a wage from every haircut they do, so perhaps if they're given leeway some might charge that bit extra.
    A bit like the town's taxi drivers... which could populate a WHOLE other thread all on it's own!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Town Centre Barbers, (is that the one at the bottom of Stockwell St?)
    Yeah I find them ok.
    Only been to Toppers once and it was ok, the fella that cut my hair was friendly enough if a bit chatty (I mean he stopped cutting my hair while he was talking and he talked quite a bit)
    Southgate is ok but very slow, had a hot towel shave there too once and it wasn't great.
    The last thing he did was go over my face with a disposable bic which shouldn't be necessary and kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing!
    Green Man is good, in and out in 10 mins if there's no queue.
    I had a haircut once in a place on Peter St, can't remember the name of it but it was upstairs near where Gala and the Pizzeria is and he gave a me a very good haircut, been meaning to go back there.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

lad in narrow west street is very good.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Usually go to Terry's before work on a Friday. Last week it wasn't open when I got there so went to a barber on the opposite side of the road and a bit further up the street. Didn't get the name of the place but it was a fine haircut for 13 quid and got a loyalty card, after 6 cuts your next is free !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

lad in narrow west street is very good.;)

What would you want going to a barbers, for a spit and shine!!lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Barbers in Southgate Shopping Centre, €10, always spot on. Has LCD TV's at each of the chairs. Free coffee or tea when they are quiet.

• Advertisement

The Green Man, I know it's popular but I find it a bit off-putting when the barbers there spend more time chatting over and back to themselves instead of cutting hair!!
    I was also in the middle of a cut there before and the bloke took a personal phonecall on his mobile and disappeared for 10 minutes, leaving me like a spare pr!ck in the chair... bad form!

ps. free tea/coffee in a barbers is a brilliant idea :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paddy Kierans' down at the Quay all the way for me.

Been going for 13 years now. They still charge me the student rate of €9 quid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

always wondered as ye men get older and if ye are going bald do they charge you less in the barbers as you have less hair:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't think they charge by quantity, do they :S

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Warren in Collon, if he wasn't about id go to Rorys on barber street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Rossin wrote: »
    thats where i bring my kids, sound out guy and great haircuts

i'm always very happy with him, he also trims the eyebrows when he's done which according to my gf is the best thing ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭blackeyedpeat

Db7 on Peter St. Good cut. First place to offer to trim my brows and ears. Oh the joys of getting old! Hot towel and scalp massage to finish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Rorys on peter street, best in town imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

M&M's for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Rossin wrote: »

From what I've seen he's really creative with colouring the hair and all. And are you from Rossin? :pac:

I go to Boston Barbers in Scotch Hall. It could probably use more barbers but the lad that usually cuts my hair is quick and does a good cut.

he does all that design stuff but its a trim all over for me, nothing fancy! No i live in drogheda, support rossin :)

Advertisement