Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The wind knocked my bike over last night!

• 22-11-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

The wind knocked my bike (BMW F650ST) over last night! At least I'm hoping it was just the wind.

I can see how it happened though. The bike was on the centre stand, under its cover and it fell on to it's right side into a flower bed and against the wall. It probably wouldn't have happened if it was on the side stand.

Lucky it went into the flower bed and not the other half's car!

Anyway, I now need to get a new windscreen and two new mirrors (I needed a LHS one anyway). There's also a nice hole in the cover. There doesn't seem to be any other damage to the bike, although when I started it the throttle was stuck open and did seem a bit sticky.

Is there anything I need to be aware of as it was on it's side? There was a leak of fuel in the flower bed and drive way but I'd only filled it yesterday and I did fill it right to the top.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

unfortunately the wind catches the covers, and they end up acting like sails :(

sticky throttle might be a barend catching the throttle grip - maybe take it off and see if it helps

bit of fuel leakage is probably ok following a tip over, but do keep an eye on it

/edit oh, and sorry to hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If you are going to use a cover, then you need to make sure the bike is parked in a sheltered area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bike is more stable on the side stand but leave it in gear and push it forward to take the slack out of the chain.
    If you can wrap straps around the cover it stops it flapping around and will catch less breeze.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement