Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

220 Mb d/load with UPC in Clontarf/Marino

• 22-11-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone in the Clontarf/Marino area, or elsewhere, noticed an increase in the UPC d/load speed? I was using the SpeedTest.net app on a tablet last night, in the room next to my router, and I seemed to be getting a 220Mb connection. I'm on their 150Mb package. :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

cormee wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone in the Clontarf/Marino area, or elsewhere, noticed an increase in the UPC d/load speed? I was using the SpeedTest.net app on a tablet last night, in the room next to my router, and I seemed to be getting a 220Mb connection. I'm on their 150Mb package. :confused:

I'd say it's a glitch with the app, wouldn't imagine wifi being able to handle those kinda speeds, even N

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I'd say it's a glitch with the app, wouldn't imagine wifi being able to handle those kinda speeds, even N

Nick

You can actually if you are using wireless N 5GHZ and are very close to the router. My 5 year old laptop with a intel BGN495 wireless card maxes out just over 200Mbit/sec from an asus router. Not many tablets capable of that kind of sustained transfer speed that I know of.
    I doubt very much that you got that speed on the UPC wan connection though, probably a glitch in the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know my ipad won't go over late 30s on a 120mbit connection.

Advertisement