Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying or Selling in Dublin.

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi

Hasn't been done for a while so.

Who would you use to advertise for selling a house Daft or My Home.

If buying who do you look up.

Any feedback from Buyers or Sellers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Though I've never actually bought or sold, Daft would always be my first port of call to see what's on the market (I've been keeping my eye on a few areas to try and gain an appreciation of prices and areas of places for when I do buy).

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Daft for renting, myhome for buying/slling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

So If you want to buy then better off scanning My home as more houses on that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i would always use daft, never really bother looking at myhome as most things are on daft anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 24 threepennys

We're in the process of buying & everything that we've looked at was found on myhome. I don't think all the agents use Daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

We're in the process of buying & everything that we've looked at was found on myhome. I don't think all the agents use Daft.

Myhome was setup by sherry fitz initially and they would only allow certain agents to advertise on it. You wont find sherry fitz and i think dng properties on daft even today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

There's always some properties, either for sale and rent, that appear only on one site or the other. Why anyone looking for a home would handicap themselves by only searching on one site and not another is beyond me. It takes a few minutes to set up an email alert with your search criteria on both sites.
    That said, I do prefer Daft because of the Property Bee plugin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

xper wrote: »
    There's always some properties, either for sale and rent, that appear only on one site or the other. Why anyone looking for a home would handicap themselves by only searching on one site and not another is beyond me. It takes a few minutes to set up an email alert with your search criteria on both sites.
    That said, I do prefer Daft because of the Property Bee plugin.

Sellers have to pay €350 +vat for each site to some EA and only €250 for both through another EA, quite a difference.

KKeliher, thanks, didn't know that sherry fitz had set up my home, probably why they only charge €250 to cover all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Think it depends on area too,

I take a look every Monday morning at what new has gone up for sale in Dublin and Kildare. Find that half the Dublin houses arent up on Daft that are on MyHome(must be the sherry Fitz thing) but more on Daft for the Kildare area.

Always do both searches on both anyway just in case :)

Think estate agents have their loyalties.

Always daft for renting tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

daft is starting to take the p!ss with ad costs, so people are looking at myhome I'd say. If you're buying a house, you'd surely check both. Renters may still onöy check daft unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement