Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vendor ID

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:41am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey I made a tablet into a usb host, however I was wondering about vendor IDs for when i want to start the app automatically with only one type of product, usb-serial. I'm using an adaptor to go to usb and then usb to serial. If I dont specify an ID anything starts it up upon connection I think.

I am using a samsung tablet connected to a samsung adaptor to usb, and then a usb to serial cable. It's this cable ID that I need to use, I believe.
    I looked around and used some educated guesses, 1659 was the ID I needed, what I am wondering is why? And where do you get that information from?

Is it, I do an lsusb and convert the data from hex to decimal and put that in? 1659 seems to be 067 ->1659
    Bus 002 Device 006: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port

Basically all usb to serials will be 1659, is that how it works?

Advertisement