Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of address

Options
  • 22-11-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone could make something more clear for me - im about to move into a new place in Dublin and I found out I need to provide proof to the Social Welfare that I've changed address. the owner has offered to write me a letter perhaps accompanied with a bill in his name. will that do? ive tried calling the SW office to find out but they never answer the phone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Go into the social welfare office and get a 'household' form from them. The landlord fills out his/her PPS number, name and address, you fill out the same details, and bring a bill in the landlord's name. That's all you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Change your address at your bank then order a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

Ask your landlord to register you with the PRTB and the will send you a headed letter with your name and new address on it :) this worked for me.

https://www.prtb.ie/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Go into the social welfare office and get a 'household' form from them. The landlord fills out his/her PPS number, name and address, you fill out the same details, and bring a bill in the landlord's name. That's all you need.

This is exactly what you should do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

twistyj wrote: »
    Ask your landlord to register you with the PRTB and the will send you a headed letter with your name and new address on it :) this worked for me.

https://www.prtb.ie/

Given the current backlog- you could be looking at a 6-8 month wait........

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Deelicious1

thanks for all the advice!! :)

Advertisement