Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most obnoxious conversation you've overheard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

geeky wrote: »
    The other day, Mrs Geeky was working away in a café. Overheard two charming ladies having a conversation.

- "Oh it's a shame about that Savita woman. But you know, if it was her time, it was her time. This is a Catholic country"
    (Apparently some people don't believe in medical intervention of any kind. Even when they're bouncing a baby on their lap. Wonder what that woman would have said if her baby had a condition requiring emergency surgery and the doc had just said 'sure, if it's her time...')

Thats making me angry ..... I couldn't have stayed quiet ...

About 10 years ago when the 2nd Micheal Jackson trial was on , I was on the DART sitting across this genius and she had a great theory -

"Sure MJ must be innocent , cos if he's inti blokes with all the money he has he wouldn't need to go near kids, lots of other gay men would be into him"

Brilliant, I as a hetrosexual male of average income and social stature must be a danger to 10 year old girls so .... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Katgurl wrote: »
    isn't that an oxymoron?

Actually I think you'll foind he's a seriously clever goy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Overheard in Dublin... Beaumont House to be exact, about 14 months ago

A former Taoiseach, let's call him Bartie to protect his identity - out having a few pints with his friends on a Saturday night. The big premiership match on TV that day was Arsenal V Liverpool. Liverpool won 2-0 and Frimpong got sent off for Arsenal.

So anyway, Bartie and his mates were discussing the match, when one of Bartie's mates describes Frimpong as "not long out of the trees" - no response from Bartie himself, but was a little shocked myself to hear something like that being said in that company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Friend of Mrs Duckjob, who can be a snobby cow started boasting one day about the fancy private school they sent their daughter to:

"You can see the parents are really high quality - they all drive BMW X5s and Range Rovers"

What made it funny was that later, her husband inadvertently let it slip that they had tried to enrol her in the public school but couldn't because they had left it too late, so were forced to go the private route. Of course, she didn't volunteer this information :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Aidric wrote: »
    Phone reception on the metro did he?

Aren't some Metro sections overground?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have real world experience of it.

Me also only on the flip side. It happens every evening at 6 on RTE. Twice a day in my kids school. At the start of every meeting in my local council. At the start of every Dail session...but I'll stop now incase i annoy you..
    I'll just back out of the room with my eyes down cast:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

RainMaker wrote: »

A former Taoiseach, let's call him Bartie to protect his identity - out having a few pints with his friends on a Saturday night. The big premiership match on TV that day was Arsenal V Liverpool. Liverpool won 2-0 and Frimpong got sent off for Arsenal.

So anyway, Bartie and his mates were discussing the match, when one of Bartie's mates describes Frimpong as "not long out of the trees" - no response from Bartie himself, but was a little shocked myself to hear something like that being said in that company!

I had dealings long ago with one of the Fag ends gang.. sounds entirely plausible.

Anyway, some time in the early 1990s I was on the 19A crawling down Camden Street on the way home.

"Here Natlee, what happened to that solizitor fella ye were riding?"

"Ah jazus Jacintah, that's history"

"Janey, if that was me I would have got me claaaawwws inta him!"

And a small cloud passed over the sun, cooling the temperature in the bus rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Ush1 wrote: »
    My mate was living in Cologne where there is a large population of Turkish immigrants.

Alot of the younger lads, how do I put it, would be of similar ilk to C.Ronaldo with how they would dress and carry themselves.

So my mate is on the subway and two Turkish young fellas get on and hear my mate on the phone talking in English and assume he can't understand German but he can hear them talking and understands fine..

"Hey, should we jump on that guy there and rob him"
    "I don't know, I think he's English."
    "You're right, the English can fight, better not."
    "They've got no style though."

And with that they got off, my mate chuckling to himself.

They were only going to jump him because he had no style. Cologne is the gay capital of Deutschland after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

OneArt wrote: »
    They were only going to jump him because he had no style. Cologne is the gay capital of Deutschland after all.

Yeah, this bloke defo has no style. Wears all black with a wet shaved head, looks like a neo nazi really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Most peoples waffle isnt even original waffle. Its simply a regurgitation of something that was said or written by someone else.

Most peoples waffle isn't even original waffle. Its simply a regurgitation of something that was said or written by someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Rasmus wrote: »

I think we got the picture at 'boarding school book club friends' !

You better believe it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yeah, this bloke defo has no style. Wears all black with a wet shaved head, looks like a neo nazi really.

No wonder two Turkish lads considered jumping him!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭parc

The other day, Mrs Geeky was working away in a café. Overheard two charming ladies having a conversation.

- "Oh it's a shame about that Savita woman. But you know, if it was her time, it was her time. This is a Catholic country"
    (Apparently some people don't believe in medical intervention of any kind. Even when they're bouncing a baby on their lap. Wonder what that woman would have said if her baby had a condition requiring emergency surgery and the doc had just said 'sure, if it's her time...')

un-f-ing real! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭K3lso

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Queuing for a nightclub in London with one of the lads, we heard a group of lads ahead of talking about soccer. They were saying that the Rome derby is in the San Siro. Was a *little* annoying!

How ignorant....it's obviously the Nou Camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Worst I ever had was talking to a guy in a pub. The "blacks coming over here taking our jobs" ****e came up. I mentioned Hitler having similar ideas (the randomer's proposed solution to the immigration issue was radical). The guy says in all seriousness that Hitler wasn't allowed to go far enough.
    What spooked me was the clown knew about the Holocaust. I drank up and left - getting barred for nutting the git didn't seem worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

No wonder two Turkish lads considered jumping him!

To be honest he's the type of bloke you'd look at and wouldn't wanna jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Actually I think you'll foind he's a seriously clever goy.

perhaps. but he is most definitely not a soccer goy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Aidric wrote: »
    Phone reception on the metro did he?

Do metros have receptionists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

TheStook wrote: »

To be fair to the child, he didn't lick it off a rock...sounds awfully like his father speaking through him!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

The metro in Cologne runs above ground in a lot of places.

The U-Bahn in Dusseldorf also goes overground in places but you can still get reception 2 levels down. Many a time I had a phone conversation from HBf to Alstadt (all underground, with the mate I was going to meet)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Cologne is the ****ing bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

allibastor wrote: »
    Well, maybe you should have seen this particular miserable person, then you might change your opinion. failry heavy, covered in fake gold jewelery, wads of rings on each finger, Addidas purple shell suit.

And i dont want you for a mate then, if thats how you want to be!

Never mind that Spiritual cant,
    You're dead right, she sounds disgusting, and I share your disdain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I know someone who walked out of restaurant because they served cauliflower... apparently its peasant food. Wankstain!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bellson

Think we all have mates who let their true feelings out in the pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Motivator wrote: »
    Sitting on a bus heading from UCD into town one day. Had just been in for a breakfast roll in Spar & as I sat in on the bus the only seat left was in front of four utter cnuts. I began listening to their rubbish stories as I tucked in to my roll.

I think bringing smelly food like that onto a public bus is fairly obnoxious behaviour.
    I wouldn't like it, and those girls were more than likely dropping you hints!
    What about the poor person how has to sit on your crumbs when you leave? And the staff who have to clean up after?

I over heard an Australia couple in on the bus in Barcelona being pure nasty as we drove past a guy on the street wearing an Irish jersey. Their whole conversation was about how thick we are, how the Irish are a nation of drunks and how we have Australia ruined, i.e jobs taken from Aussie people & using resources etc. When we got near La Rambla, as I walked passed them, I gave them my best, over exaggerated, "Top of the Morning lads...., we're not that bad". The girl just looked mortified, and her boyfriend just curled up and went pure white!

It's funny, not so long ago, we(Some of us anyway) were having the same conversation about the Polish and neighbouring countries in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Mr Keek wrote: »
    I over heard an Australia couple in on the bus in Barcelona being pure nasty as we drove past a guy on the street wearing an Irish jersey. Their whole conversation was about how thick we are, how the Irish are a nation of drunks and how we have Australia ruined, i.e jobs taken from Aussie people & using resources etc.

I would forgive them for thinking this.
    All of the Irish people I met in Australia were on a serious session, myself included.
    We really are a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Adolescent girls win the award for me. I can't remember the specifics but as a supposed grown up, I thought a number of their so called grown up conversations I listened in to to be particularly obnoxious. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

padd b1975 wrote: »
    When mickey waving smug aethists get into full flow.

Religion is basically a big pissing contest to see who's imaginary friend is the best.

Plus, you spelled "atheist" wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

A Ray Burke reference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

A party political broadcast by the Labour Party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A Ray Burke reference?

Not long in the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Mr Keek wrote: »
    I think bringing smelly food like that onto a public bus is fairly obnoxious behaviour.
    I wouldn't like it, and those girls were more than likely dropping you hints!
    What about the poor person how has to sit on your crumbs when you leave? And the staff who have to clean up after?

The bus driver or any of the other passengers had no problem with it, its quite common for people to eat bananas, yoghurts, crisps, chips etc. on buses so what was wrong with a breakfast roll? With regard to the crumbs you speak of, there was nothing left on the bus when I got off. And no, they weren't dropping hints because if any of them had a problem believe me they were the type who would make an issue of something if there was an issue to be made. They were just ***** with their heads up their arses referring to food as "poor peoples" food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

More funny than obnoxious.

Two teenage girls in the bus station about three weeks ago.
    The first one says I think your boots are lovely".
    The other one replies " I tried 6 shops looking for them and you wouldn't believe where I got them. In the last one".

I had to go outside in the rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Too many too mention but one that always stuck with me was a couple of dickheads on a bus all wearing suits around 30 to 40.

I was two seats in front of them. Conversation went like this.

Guy 1: Jesus we're like poor people now using a bus service. Better disinfect or burn these suits when we get off. Don't know what you could pick up. (All laughing).

Guy 2: What kind of a hotel has no parking facilities. I'm not leaving my Beamer in a dodgy car park. Hope no one sees us getting off.

Guy 1: Yea we shuda hiring a limo or private car and someone to drive us up.

Guy 3: Yere sitting beside each other. I have a free seat. What happens if someone wants to sit beside me. Don't want to sit beside an oul one or some little knacker.

Guy 1: Feck it, I'll ring my brother and he'll drive us up, give him 200 quid or sumtin. He has a crappy car. I'll let him drive my beamer.

Then they get off the bus and on there way. Was quite shocked that people can have this attitude. Big snoppy rich f**ks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

The bus driver or any of the other passengers had no problem with it, its quite common for people to eat bananas, yoghurts, crisps, chips etc. on buses so what was wrong with a breakfast roll?

The smell.

Fair enough their comments were very obnoxious, "poor people's food" is a disgusting attitude to have.

I didn't mean single you out, but bringing smelly food on a bus is a personal pet peeve of mine, I'm sure loads of other people couldn't care less. I'm a bit OCD like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Most obnoxious - in a pub in Rhyl just after the Tsunami listening to one of Rhyl's finest talking about his sex tourism holiday in Thailand not long after.

Funniest - 2 eejits in the pub beside Donnybrook Fair discussing the German involvement in Pearl Harbor, there were Stukas and U-Boats all over the show apparently :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

I really want to nick her bag and find out her details to rat her out. Fat miserable knacker bitch.

Yeah stealing her bag would make you much better than her. I love your posts, they are always the pinnacle of stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Former FF TD for Mayo, Pee Flynn talking to Gay Byrne on the Late Late Show back in 1999.

"I want to tell you about it, I earn approximately €140,000 a year with expenses, I pay 30.3% tax on that so
    I want to tell you something, try it sometime, when you have a couple of cars and three houses and a few housekeepers and I want to tell you ..... it aint easy, you should try it sometime".

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »

Former FF TD for Mayo, Pee Flynn talking to Gay Byrne on the Late Late Show back in 1999.

"I want to tell you about it, I earn approximately €140,000 a year with expenses, I pay 30.3% tax on that so
    I want to tell you something, try it sometime, when you have a couple of cars and three houses and a few housekeepers and I want to tell you ..... it aint easy, you should try it sometime".

AND that was punts as the Euro didn't come in until 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Close friend of mine recently went into our local doctor.

Told doctor he has started to feel like a bridge.
    Doctor replied 'What's come over you?'

Totally unsympathetic ba**ard.

AND that was punts as the Euro didn't come in until 2002.
    Ah, I did the currency conversion for ye, from punts to euro ;):D You should know me by now Tayto, I'm nothing if I'm not thorough.

Not so much a conversation I overhead but a conversation I was involved in.

The first time I met my mother in law, she asked:

"Who are you and What are you?" :rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ah, I did the currency conversion for ye, from punts to euro ;):D You should know me by now Tayto, I'm nothing if I'm not thorough.

Are you watching Prime Time? T.D.'s expenses - unvouched.

Are you watching Prime Time? T.D.'s expenses - unvouched.
    I sure am!

A TD telling us unvouched expenses are cheaper for the taxpayer, I really believe him :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

How come this was not ok to say
    Once heard some scumg bag lady on the phone talking about how she was getting a new TV, 50 inch one on HP cause the dole will cover the cost for her on the children allowance as she had now conviced them to pay for her bills so she has more money, and ryan is working for cash and staying with her.

I really want to nick her bag and find out her details to rat her out. Fat miserable knacker bitch.

But this was?
    I wouldn't mind but there was no beans or mushrooms in the roll. I was never so annoyed in my entire life, they were the typical D4 ragdoll head sluts that you always see in and around that kip of a University. I should have flattened the fat one, she had a face that was made for smacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

mirekb wrote: »
    Once heard some scumg bag lady on the phone talking about how she was getting a new TV, 50 inch one on HP cause the dole will cover the cost for her on the children allowance as she had now conviced them to pay for her bills so she has more money, and ryan is working for cash and staying with her.

But this was?
    I wouldn't mind but there was no beans or mushrooms in the roll. I was never so annoyed in my entire life, they were the typical D4 ragdoll head sluts that you always see in and around that kip of a University. I should have flattened the fat one, she had a face that was made for smacking.

Yeah ffs, UCD isn't a "kip". It's unreal, bar the typical D4 ragdoll head sluts that you always see in and around the place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Confab wrote: »
    'Just let them suffer, we're comfy here!'

-Enda Kenny to his Cabinet last week.

[COLOR="Silver"](I really wish I hadn't been told that)[/COLOR]
    what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

mirekb wrote: »

But this was?

Both are o.k with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

hefferboi wrote: »
    Both are o.k with me.

Likewise, but the moral police are everywhere. There is not a thread on the Internet they don't cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement