Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most obnoxious conversation you've overheard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I was in a Cafe in Longford a few years back and In walks three arabic looking lads. Very well dressed and they ordered cappucinos and Blueberry muffins - turns out they were middle eastern Dictators!

I clearly heard Ahmadinnajad say to Saddam Hussein "Well I don't like the West, I think they are sneaky and pay their P.S too much". With that, quick as a light the other lad, Assad somthing or other he said his name was goes -"Yeah, and their dole is waay too generous". Then, when they got up to pay for their Muffins, they whinged for ages about how dear stuff was in Ireland and on the way out, they kicked a small child who only had one ear. I was scandalised. Some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

I was in a Cafe in Longford a few years back and In walks three arabic looking lads. Very well dressed and they ordered cappucinos and Blueberry muffins - turns out they were middle eastern Dictators!

I clearly heard Ahmadinnajad say to Saddam Hussein "Well I don't like the West, I think they are sneaky and pay their P.S too much". With that, quick as a light the other lad, Assad somthing or other he said his name was goes -"Yeah, and their dole is waay too generous". Then, when they got up to pay for their Muffins, they whinged for ages about how dear stuff was in Ireland and on the way out, they kicked a small child who only had one ear. I was scandalised. Some people.

They probably couldn't understand why the P.S have a " leg and head allowance"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

last week was sitting near two fancy 'ladies who lunch' types. One kept on calling her car 'the merc' throughout the conversation. 'Decided to leave the merc at home and get a bit of exercise instead'.

I overheard something similar. A woman on the train having a very loud phone conversation about leaving her RayBans somewhere.

After she said 'my RayBans' at the top of her voice for the third time, I accidentally caught the eye of the woman sitting opposite her and neither of us could keep a straight face.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

newmug wrote: »
    I wrote this before in another thread, and just copied and pasted it. But it still stands out as the most obnoxious episode I ever witnessed first hand:

Yesterday, I went into a cafe in town. Its a fairly basic place, there is another cafe right beside it, and the courthouse is only a stonesthrow away.

Anyway, three solicitors came in, obviously just out of the courthouse, all dressed in suits, 2 lads and a woman. Over the next half hour, I witnessed the rudest, snobbiest, most ignorant behaviour I had seen in a long time. By the time I was leaving, I felt ashmed for those people.

The first lad waited until the waiter was coming over with menus, then purposely said out loud, "I've no problem with this place, but the problem is they're SO SLOW! Thats why everybody goes next door". You could visibly see the shock on the waiters face. The owner heard it too, she was not impressed.

Anyway, when yerman came back to take their order, all three of them started barking out what they wanted all at the same time. No waiting your turn with these knobs. The waiter was obviously flustered, and had to ask them to repeat their orders. When he had it all down, one lad said "and be as quick as you can please", as if they were going to get served faster than anyone else. I couldnt believe it. The whole place could hear all this too.

The next thing was their food arrived. From then on, it was "get me some mustard", and "another cappachino", and other such sh1te being barked up at the counter from where they were sitting. I mean, they didnt even stand up and walk to the counter to ask quietly. One lad then tried to convince another lad to have more coffee, the second lad declined. First lad said "go on, sure yerman (loser in court) is paying for it" - que some sniggers and sneers from all three of them. It was unbelievable.

All I can say is fair play to the staff and owner, they took it with grace and dignity, and were far more respectful than these pigs. The staff and owners are not Irish, and I really hope this didnt colour their opinion of my country. I was wearing my working clothes, covered in cement and cowsh1t. But when I stood up to leave, I was glad to be
    visibly not associated with these people.
    Which is worse? Treating the staff like **** or leaving **** on the seat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Nah, make sure it's stale and hard to make a point.
    " Roll with it, mutha****a!"

I totally read that in a Hank Moody voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A friend of my oh and her husband bought a house in Charlesland (I think that's the name if the development) in Greystones at the height of the boom.

On my first of only 2 visits there (I can't bear to be in the same room as this guy) after giving us the tour he came out with "it's like a mini D4around here". I sighed audibly.

A former college always referred to his car as "the Audi TT"; As in "I was driving into work this morning in the Audi TT..." Or "i was going to nip out in the Audi TR to get a coffee - do you want anything?". The way he went on about it you'd think he bought the top of the range model new. It was 10years old when he bought it.

The same twat bought his then gf, now wife a Dolce & Gabbana watch for Christmas or birthday one year. He said with a straight face a few weeks later that her wrist was very sore as the D&G watch was so heavy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

A friend of my oh and her husband bought a house in Charlesland (I think that's the name if the development) in Greystones at the height of the boom.

On my first of only 2 visits there (I can't bear to be in the same room as this guy) after giving us the tour he came out with "it's like a mini D4around here". I sighed audibly.

A former college always referred to his car as "the Audi TT"; As in "I was driving into work this morning in the Audi TT..." Or "i was going to nip out in the Audi TR to get a coffee - do you want anything?". The way he went on about it you'd think he bought the top of the range model new. It was 10years old when he bought it.

The same twat bought his then gf, now wife a Dolce & Gabbana watch for Christmas or birthday one year. He said with a straight face a few weeks later that her wrist was very sore as the D&G watch was so heavy.....

A mini d4 haaa really no its not he must be a right twat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

ALiasEX wrote: »

Treating the staff like **** of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    The same woman as earlier, my MIL again. She doesn't like a particular family member for a reason that is laughable as it has nothing to do with her. Their son had a little boy who has Down Syndrome. And she came on the phone to me to tell me "that's what X gets now for her actions!" I just hung up the phone in shock, something nobody has control over, and that would mean a harder life for someone who never wronged anyone, and she was gloating because she didn't like the child's grandmother and she saw it as karma!
    There are so many things that come out of her mouth. some hilarious EG she had a Polish guy cutting her lawn, only after him did she notice the hundreds of daisies that were there with years, but sure "those Polish brought those daisies" But some are so horrific.

"That they may be struck dead" is a common one, usually for someone getting to the reduced flowers in Tesco ahead of her or other such generally harmless things, to calling her grandson a bastard because his father and I are not married.

I'd be really hard pressed to not call her a cunt to her face for talking like that. Dunno why women of a certain age think they can get away with treating others like dirt, see it all the time in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Some man on the bus the other day got into a confrontation with a black bloke, mouthing off about how he should 'get out of our country'. It was especially bad considering that there was quite a few ethnic minorities on the bus within earshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A bloke I work with was complaining about the french people in our office. He was saying the smell from the fridge was caused by them bring in their strange food and leaving it there. Because the french are by nature a dirty nationality. They don't have hygiene like the rest of us. He was Italian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

krudler wrote: »
    I'd be really hard pressed to not call her a cunt to her face for talking like that. Dunno why women of a certain age think they can get away with treating others like dirt, see it all the time in work.

I have, on many an occasion (she doesn't like me as you can imagine for that) sure what am I only an unqualified dosser after her house apparently. I gave up college to raise my child because creche was 1100 a month and to do it I would have had to split from her son and go after him for maintenance and get OPFP off the SW. But no, that means nothing.

I notice that with her and her friends, they feel they have the right to say anything they want, you call them on it, and your disrespectful, regardless of the shíte they just spewed!

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Some man on the bus the other day got into a confrontation with a black bloke, mouthing off about how he should 'get out of our country'. It was especially bad considering that there was quite a few ethnic minorities on the bus within earshot.

My uncle says that any time he comes to Dublin, "Why are they all here, they should go home" forget some of them come from war torn nations where human rights are completely ignored. What makes it particularly funny though is the teenagers going around with thick Irish accents giving out about the upcoming Irish oral exams. He can't figure them out at all. He can't seem to fathom that these people were born here and are as Irish as everyone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My uncle says that any time he comes to Dublin, "Why are they all here, they should go home" forget some of them come from war torn nations where human rights are completely ignored. What makes it particularly funny though is the teenagers going around with thick Irish accents giving out about the upcoming Irish oral exams. He can't figure them out at all. He can't seem to fathom that these people were born here and are as Irish as everyone else!

I feel that way about culchies. ;)

Grayson wrote: »
    I feel that way about culchies. ;)

He lives on the outskirts of Cork City, I have no idea how he does not see the different ethnic groups and cultures within Cork (though in all fairness, why would they settle there, I got the first train out when I could :pac:)

• Advertisement

I have, on many an occasion (she doesn't like me as you can imagine for that) sure what am I only an unqualified dosser after her house apparently. I gave up college to raise my child because creche was 1100 a month and to do it I would have had to split from her son and go after him for maintenance and get OPFP off the SW. But no, that means nothing.

I notice that with her and her friends, they feel they have the right to say anything they want, you call them on it, and your disrespectful, regardless of the shíte they just spewed!

ha one of my exes had parents like that, small minded small town buffoons who expected never to be challenged on their archaic views on everything due to "respecting your elders" yeah no sorry respect has to be earned its not granted as soon as you become a withered old fart with no common decency.

Why do you keep spending time with her so

bluewolf wrote: »
    Why do you keep spending time with her so

I never elect to. Usually when we have to go to Clare for a reason and have to go to her house to stay while we are there. But neither she nor I spend any time in each others company if we can. Although she is always good for a few ridiculous statements as you pass her in the hallway while she is on the phone, but overall we have a mutual disrespect for one another.

She doesn't know that I know she called my son such horrific things before he was born and the weird thing is now she is insane about him, he can do no wrong, so as much as I dislike her, I don't mind her having a relationship with him as long as she keeps her madness away from him, which she mostly has so far (bar one or two "don't go boxing it's for knackers" comments which he knows to ignore). But I have warned her, if she starts anything mad, she won't be allowed see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wrote this before in another thread, and just copied and pasted it. But it still stands out as the most obnoxious episode I ever witnessed first hand:

Yesterday, I went into a cafe in town. Its a fairly basic place, there is another cafe right beside it, and the courthouse is only a stonesthrow away.

Anyway, three solicitors came in, obviously just out of the courthouse, all dressed in suits, 2 lads and a woman. Over the next half hour, I witnessed the rudest, snobbiest, most ignorant behaviour I had seen in a long time. By the time I was leaving, I felt ashmed for those people.

The first lad waited until the waiter was coming over with menus, then purposely said out loud, "I've no problem with this place, but the problem is they're SO SLOW! Thats why everybody goes next door". You could visibly see the shock on the waiters face. The owner heard it too, she was not impressed.

Anyway, when yerman came back to take their order, all three of them started barking out what they wanted all at the same time. No waiting your turn with these knobs. The waiter was obviously flustered, and had to ask them to repeat their orders. When he had it all down, one lad said "and be as quick as you can please", as if they were going to get served faster than anyone else. I couldnt believe it. The whole place could hear all this too.

The next thing was their food arrived. From then on, it was "get me some mustard", and "another cappachino", and other such sh1te being barked up at the counter from where they were sitting. I mean, they didnt even stand up and walk to the counter to ask quietly. One lad then tried to convince another lad to have more coffee, the second lad declined. First lad said "go on, sure yerman (loser in court) is paying for it" - que some sniggers and sneers from all three of them. It was unbelievable.

All I can say is fair play to the staff and owner, they took it with grace and dignity, and were far more respectful than these pigs. The staff and owners are not Irish, and I really hope this didnt colour their opinion of my country. I was wearing my working clothes, covered in cement and cowsh1t. But when I stood up to leave, I was glad to be
    visibly not associated with these people.

A depressing thought is that they could be future judges too :(

ha one of my exes had parents like that, small minded small town buffoons who expected never to be challenged on their archaic views on everything due to "respecting your elders" yeah no sorry respect has to be earned its not granted as soon as you become a withered old fart with no common decency.

Always really hated that respect your elders BS. If you treat me with respect I will return the favour, regardless of your age. If not you can fcuk right off.

• Advertisement

Always really hated that respect your elders BS. If you treat me with respect I will return the favour, regardless of your age. If not you can fcuk right off.

I don't even wait to return the favour, I treat everyone with respect from the go, then you can lose it or keep it, and to be honest there have been a few, MIL and her friends especially, that lose my respect and decency in a matter of moments! First time I met the MIL, looked me up and down and said "Poor (his) Ex, she was a nice girl" But I had been forewarned of her and her ridiculousness so I never took it to heart. But those were the first words ever spoken by her in my presence.

Zactly, being old doesn't grant you special privileges with outdated opinions that nobody should call you out on.

Zactly, being old doesn't grant you special privileges with outdated opinions that nobody should call you out on.

The comments I heard from people about the Magdaline Laundries being filled with whores, that the boys in Artane deserved what they got and both sets of victims/survivors are only after the compensation money, racist comments and bigoted views and the way people dismiss them as "well it was like that in their time" this isn't their time, it's the 21st Century! If they get to avail of the benefits of this time (health and finances and the like), then they should have to tow the line with modern understanding that these things were unacceptable and against basic human rights.

The comments I heard from people about the Magdaline Laundries being filled with whores, that the boys in Artane deserved what they got and both sets of victims/survivors are only after the compensation money, racist comments and bigoted views and the way people dismiss them as "well it was like that in their time" this isn't their time, it's the 21st Century! If they get to avail of the benefits of this time (health and finances and the like), then they should have to tow the line with modern understanding that these things were unacceptable and against basic human rights.

"there was no being gay in our day" was one I heard and burst out laughing at once. There was, just our ass backwards country saw fit to make sure you weren't allowed be yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

ALiasEX wrote: »

Who said anything about leaving ****e on the seat? Are you wolfpawnat's MIL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

Who said anything about leaving ****e on the seat? Are you wolfpawnat's MIL?

I had shíte on the seat in my post, page 15. I think that's where the mix up is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Wasn't something I overheard but rather something that was said to me.

My son was diagnosed with Down Syndrome immediately after birth. My sister arrives over to the hospital no pressies or cards for baby . Sat there telling I could get plastic surgery done on him when he got to about 5 to remove his features that were as a result if his Down syndrome.

Sister in law was equally delightful. She told me she was so angry as I never got the chance to abort him over Irish abortion laws.

Bearing in mind that this was FAMILY I wasn't too upset by the time I was stopped by two acquaintances in the supermarket and said oh look he smiles just like a real baby !!! That is exactly what she said. I **** you not.

When your child is first diagnosed with a disability you are distraught and generally could do with some kind words.

Can't think these days why I betrayed my son by being upset at all though at his diagnosis. Mostly he is a typical grumpy not wanting to go to school teenager lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Catkins407 wrote: »

My son was diagnosed with Down Syndrome immediately after birth. My sister arrives over to the hospital no pressies or cards for baby . Sat there telling I could get plastic surgery done on him when he got to about 5 to remove his features that were as a result if his Down syndrome.

Sister in law was equally delightful. She told me she was so angry as I never got the chance to abort him over Irish abortion laws.

Bearing in mind that this was FAMILY I wasn't too upset by the time I was stopped by two acquaintances in the supermarket and said oh look he smiles just like a real baby !!! That is exactly what she said. I **** you not.

When your child is first diagnosed with a disability you are distraught and generally could do with some kind words.

Can't think these days why I betrayed my son by being upset at all though at his diagnosis. Mostly he is a typical grumpy not wanting to go to school teenager lol.

Absolutely shocking. I find Family think that they can say anything without consideration for whom it affects.

"there was no being gay in our day" was one I heard and burst out laughing at once. There was, just our ass backwards country saw fit to make sure you weren't allowed be yourself.

The sad thing is that some younger people still have views that are comparable to those.
    I know a married couple in mid 20's who both come out with some shocking racist drivel. Really OTT stereotypes and 'friend of a friend' type rumours about foreigners. Worst of it is they seem like a nice normal couple until they start on with this BS.
    I think there always were and always will be people like that around no matter how modern and cultured we say we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jesus effing Christ....

• Advertisement

Because it is normal, you grieved in a way, thinking of both his life and yours as you all faced a difficult journey. It's odd, times like that is when you need the support most from family, yet it is then they are most likely to withdraw it. Same with my partner's cousin with their little guy. No warning, only realised when he was born, they love him to bits, but they still spent a few days in shock and upset.
    The sad thing is that some younger people still have views that are comparable to those.
    I know a married couple in mid 20's who both come out with some shocking racist drivel. Really OTT stereotypes and 'friend of a friend' type rumours about foreigners. Worst of it is they seem like a nice normal couple until they start on with this BS.
    I think there always were and always will be people like that around no matter how modern and cultured we say we are.

Oh no, I will raise you one, a guy my partner used be friends with, is working on the oil rigs in Nigeria...... who thinks all the "blacks" need to go back to Africa because they are taking jobs here in Ireland and they're nothing but idiotic raping animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Hard to believe people like this exist!! Some of the cutest babies I've seen have Down Syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Edit: wrong forum, removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

sadie06 wrote: »
    That has to be the winner!:eek:
    Yup, like its funny but also a bit frightening how ignorant some people are... how do they even get through the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Jeez, I think those ignorant people are cases for abortion :( What horrible things to say about a baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Aidric wrote: »
    Phone reception on the metro did he?

I generally have good phone reception in the Berlin metro actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I never elect to. Usually when we have to go to Clare for a reason and have to go to her house to stay while we are there. But neither she nor I spend any time in each others company if we can. Although she is always good for a few ridiculous statements as you pass her in the hallway while she is on the phone, but overall we have a mutual disrespect for one another.

She doesn't know that I know she called my son such horrific things before he was born and the weird thing is now she is insane about him, he can do no wrong, so as much as I dislike her, I don't mind her having a relationship with him as long as she keeps her madness away from him, which she mostly has so far (bar one or two "don't go boxing it's for knackers" comments which he knows to ignore). But I have warned her, if she starts anything mad, she won't be allowed see him.

This woman sounds like she has mental health issues. Did you post a story before about her reporting you to social services for keeping a mobile phone by your bed at night and she was concerned about you endangering your son with radiation? Not that I'm stalking your posts,that just stuck in my mind due to how ridiculous it was !

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kennyboy9563

My daughter was born with Downs,but unfortunately didn't make it past her first day. And so begin the commiserations,"ah,its for the best", "put it behind you and get on with your life", "Gods done you a favour" etc.etc. 17 years later my wife and I still cry at her grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

My daughter was born with Downs,but unfortunately didn't make it past her first day. And so begin the commiserations,"ah,its for the best", "put it behind you and get on with your life", "Gods done you a favour" etc.etc. 17 years later my wife and I still cry at her grave.

To be fair, people dont mean bad.....most of the time they feel they have to say something and they dont know what to say.

Having said that, it would be nice if in that sort of situation, the speaker might have a quick think beforehand.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

This thread reminds me of a story a midwife friend told me many years ago. She had finished her shift in UCHG and was waiting outside for her bf to collect her.

It was raining heavily when a car pulled up.
    A heavily pregnant lady got out if the car, holding her tummy because of labour pains. She crossed over to the drivers door where her idiot husband wound down the window and handed her the car keys so that she could take her heavy suitcase out of the boot by herself.
    When she handed back the keys, he said "I'm heading up the mothers for dinner - I'll see you next week"
    He just drove off and left her there, in labour, carrying his soon to be born son or daughter along with a heavy suitcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Just remembered a story about this fella I know (let's call him Liam).

Liam has an adopted black child, some guy in the pub was going on about he would never let one of "those things" into his house and basically spouting obnoxious, racist tripe (he knew Liam man had a black child), anyway Liam was so p*ssed off that he just decked him one.

So, Liam gets a court summons for assaulting the guy in the pub, the judge ask him to explain what happened and why Liam assaulted him. Liam explains, and the judge turned bright red with rage, fined the guy for his racist comments and bound him over to keep the peace (turned out the judge had a black foster child ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

That was a pretty twisted attitude for them to have. You would think they would have shown a little compassion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

dilallio wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of a story a midwife friend told me many years ago. She had finished her shift in UCHG and was waiting outside for her bf to collect her.

It was raining heavily when a car pulled up.
    A heavily pregnant lady got out if the car, holding her tummy because of labour pains. She crossed over to the drivers door where her idiot husband wound down the window and handed her the car keys so that she could take her heavy suitcase out of the boot by herself.
    When she handed back the keys, he said "I'm heading up the mothers for dinner - I'll see you next week"
    He just drove off and left her there, in labour, carrying his soon to be born son or daughter along with a heavy suitcase.

I knew I'd make this list, She was grand anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

I have only been smoking cigars for a year. Even at that its only one or two every 3 months or so. I also love my whiskey and would consider myself quite knowledgeable on it. However trying to find like-minded individuals and get regular get togethers going is quite frustrating. I know the guys at cigar.ie go every now and then to McGrattan. None of my mate smoke cigars, and you know what its like yourself, you don’t want to destroy a great cigar by standing out in the cold and trying to burn it down in 10 mins to keep pace with your mates. Am I missing something here or are there cigar clubs/societies that I can go to?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    This woman sounds like she has mental health issues. Did you post a story before about her reporting you to social services for keeping a mobile phone by your bed at night and she was concerned about you endangering your son with radiation? Not that I'm stalking your posts,that just stuck in my mind due to how ridiculous it was !

Yep, that's her. That was another peach! Is it wrong I only laugh at this stage?

We have discussed it, my partner and I and we are fully convinced she is not all there! I mean she really does seem to have the mental age of a child. It worries us on some levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I have only been smoking cigars for a year. Even at that its only one or two every 3 months or so. I also love my whiskey and would consider myself quite knowledgeable on it. However trying to find like-minded individuals and get regular get togethers going is quite frustrating. I know the guys at cigar.ie go every now and then to McGrattan. None of my mate smoke cigars, and you know what its like yourself, you don’t want to destroy a great cigar by standing out in the cold and trying to burn it down in 10 mins to keep pace with your mates. Am I missing something here or are there cigar clubs/societies that I can go to?

Hope you're quoting someone's comment, otherwise you just came up with your own contribution...

summerskin wrote: »
    Hope you're quoting someone's comment, otherwise you just came up with your own contribution...

i was quoting a post i just read on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My father in law told me Indian/Hindu people feel grief much more than other religions/races because of how they show grief at funerals. He genuinely believes other people aren't as sad when people die. That was pretty obnoxious!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    My father in law told me Indian/Hindu people feel grief much more than other religions/races because of how they show grief at funerals. He genuinely believes other people aren't as sad when people die. That was pretty obnoxious!

is he indian/hindu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

is he indian/hindu?

Yes :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement