Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireplace repair

• 22-11-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25

Hi there,can anyone help me please,just moved into our house and the fireplace is a state I've added photo.can anyone tell me who would I get to fix this or do I just replace the back?where would I get it?thanks.

The stones you see in the hole are loose,I presume they broke off from behind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Galway city to DIY.

I think you need a professional for that job but the guys in DIY knows this stuff well so should be able to help.
    There are a few chimney repair companies around the area that you could get in touch with via email for a quote.
    Replacing the fireback

B&Q has fireplace cement if you want to give it a go yourself.

Some previous threads on similar issues
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=fireplace+cement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

irish25 wrote: »
    Hi there,can anyone help me please,just moved into our house and the fireplace is a state I've added photo.can anyone tell me who would I get to fix this or do I just replace the back?where would I get it?thanks.

It needs a new FIREBACK not a DIY job call into a fireplace shop and they will give you a price for it expect €130-€200

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

irish25 wrote: »

Are you renting?
    If so, that job should be left to the landlord imo.

Advertisement